Become a Patron!

Atomiser display/storage stands

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm having a hard time finding a cost efficient means of half storing, half displaying my atomisers. At the moment, I have 9- 18650, and 1- 26650, atomisers in total. Within the next year or so, I expect the count to double, and to accumulate more 26650 atomisers (granted they fit my vaping style).

What I'd like to find is something that I can screw each atty into, and I won't have to skip over a mount because of spacing. Ideally, I'd also like to find something that is expandable, and you can lock multiple stands together (again this is ideally). A huge bonus would be finding matching stands that have mounting spots to screw mods onto. Another huge bonus would be matching build stands. Nothing fancy, just matching materials/colours/design/etc..

Has anyone come across some stuff like this, or have the means to make this relatively cheap? Worst case, I can do some makeshift stands on my own, but working spaces are quite limited. I'd rather buy than have another multi-week project to save $10.

Metal or plastic stands are fine, but no wood. All threaded connections need to be metal. Rubber feet would be great too.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw that stand when I was doing my search, but never really looked much at what else they offered. Just combed through nearly every stand they sell right now... and I'm kind of half disappointed. I love what they have, but everything looks so damned clustered together. It almost looks like getting things in/out would be a challenge for anyone with bigger hands (luckily mine are small), but it doesn't leave much spacing in the stands for displaying what you have. I love the stands, though, and would probably drop a couple hundred on them if they were less crowded. They do have a very similar concept to what I'm thinking of, though. I just want something that's less cramped, and showcases what I have, but still is primarily designed for storing when not in use.

Personally, I think these stands are almost like something you'd expect to see in a vape shop with a lot of petty cash. It seriously looks like someone designed this with vape shop builders in mind; that, or the guys who practically live at the vape shop they work at, and want a stand to keep their personal stuff from getting mixed into everything else. I'm looking more for something more along the lines of enthusiast.

Although, I might get one of these for the shop, and take it with me when it's time to move on... That would be legit.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm having a hard time finding a cost efficient means of half storing, half displaying my atomisers. At the moment, I have 9- 18650, and 1- 26650, atomisers in total. Within the next year or so, I expect the count to double, and to accumulate more 26650 atomisers (granted they fit my vaping style).

What I'd like to find is something that I can screw each atty into, and I won't have to skip over a mount because of spacing. Ideally, I'd also like to find something that is expandable, and you can lock multiple stands together (again this is ideally). A huge bonus would be finding matching stands that have mounting spots to screw mods onto. Another huge bonus would be matching build stands. Nothing fancy, just matching materials/colours/design/etc..

Has anyone come across some stuff like this, or have the means to make this relatively cheap? Worst case, I can do some makeshift stands on my own, but working spaces are quite limited. I'd rather buy than have another multi-week project to save $10.

Metal or plastic stands are fine, but no wood. All threaded connections need to be metal. Rubber feet would be great too.

Well if you don't mind waiting http://www.fasttech.com has a TON of different storage stands at VERY VERY cheap prices.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It isn't the wait that bothers me most... aside from the possibility I may be waiting half a year for a hunk of shit... I just don't know if I'm buying something that's worth a damn.

Davect06607

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
set%20up%20008.jpg

2 hrs and a 6-pack in the garage one evening, and walked out with this stand.
Drilled holes slightly larger then a 510, wrapped it with some cheap vinyl.
Punched the vinyl where the drilled out holes were, slightly smaller then a 510.
The vinyl hold each atty pretty securely.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not a bad idea. I've been thinking about making my own stand, but I'm one of those people who goes all out when doing a DIY project lol. If I make something, it's going to be raised (have substantial feet on it), will lock together with other stands, have multiple levels, and threads for everything (RDAs, tanks, and mods). I just know that I'd end up spending about $20 in mounting parts alone, hence the reason I'm trying to find some stands that are premade for a decent price.

I'm adverse to spending $100 on a quality stand, but most of what I've seen is either too over the top, doesn't hold enough, or everything is so cramped together to save space. Looks like I might have to make one myself, and spend the money on all the threaded connections.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got an old pack of FIMO, think I'll mold it it into an atty stand.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually... that isn't a bad idea... I mean, that wouldn't be the most ideal for making something with quality threaded connections (unlike mounting threaded pieces into plastic, or tapping out a metal base); but that would be a nice idea for a basic mount/display. I think I'll look into that. Especially because of the colouring you can do with it.

Thanks, mate.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually... that isn't a bad idea... I mean, that wouldn't be the most ideal for making something with quality threaded connections (unlike mounting threaded pieces into plastic, or tapping out a metal base); but that would be a nice idea for a basic mount/display. I think I'll look into that. Especially because of the colouring you can do with it.

Thanks, mate.
Well it's just a stand that would keep my RDAs standing straight when not in use, so they won't leak all over the place, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

VU Sponsors