Become a Patron!

Atomizer Short? Low?

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could use some help....just got a Velocity Clone RDA. Put coils on it and wicked it up. Mod read "Atomizer Short". I checked all connections and they are good. Still read "short". Took coils (SS316L) off and put Kanthal coils on. Mod read "Short" again. Made sure 510 connection screw at bottom was tight, tried again. "Atomizer Low".........this thing just wont work.....tried it on my RX 200, and then on a friends IPV D3. Same results....D3 said "low res".....that was with 3.0mm kanthal 10wraps....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
make sure the coils aren't touching the deck anywhere, make sure your insulators are all in good shape make sure your coils aren't touching the cap....make sure your device is in good working oreder

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
make sure the coils aren't touching the deck anywhere, make sure your insulators are all in good shape make sure your coils aren't touching the cap....make sure your device is in good working oreder

everything appears good to go....no touching.....rx 200 vaping fine on my Gemini rta......same errors on rda

sparkky1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you try dry firing without the top cap to check for shorts ?

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try a mere single coil that will have some 1.3 resistance and see if the message insists...
If it is a massive built, perhaps like the other peers said the coils might touch the deck or the cap?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
everything appears good to go....no touching.....rx 200 vaping fine on my Gemini rta......same errors on rda
As @pulsevape mentioned, it could be the insulation. You might not see it, without taking the RDA totally apart. There should be two insulations. Check the insulations in the hole of the 510, and on the side of the positive post.

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
took it all the way apart.....broke down to the build deck, 2nd post, screw, and brass cover screw.....made sure they all lined up right and reattached....still saying "short" and "low"

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What is the gauge of the SS316L wire you're using? Is it a single or dual coil build?

sparkky1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty shitty thing to have to dis-assemble a brand new deck, so your not even able to dry fire a new "single" contact coil ? I would try them one at a time.
When you take the coils out have you over tightened and snapped any the leads ?
Are you sure there making good flat contact on the grub screws ?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
took it all the way apart.....broke down to the build deck, 2nd post, screw, and brass cover screw.....made sure they all lined up right and reattached....still saying "short" and "low"
what about the isolaters.that insulate the post from the deck.

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WCQsNdv.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
found pic....definatley missing that piece....is there a site to get just that piece?
Sorry, I don't know of any place, where you could order it from. However, since your RDA was DOA, you should be able to get a replacement. Contact the customer support.

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got it on trade from someone locally lol....he is willing to give me something else...like an Atty RDA....but I like the Velocity style better

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got it on trade from someone locally lol....he is willing to give me something else...like an Atty RDA....but I like the Velocity style better
You can get a Tobeco Velocity RDA for cheap. Having one and two mini myself, they are as good as the original.

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well i already ordered a Tsunami lol....just trying to get this thing to work until it gets here (5-10 days for mail here in Germany)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
well i already ordered a Tsunami lol....just trying to get this thing to work until it gets here (5-10 days for mail here in Germany)
Deutsche Post used to be faster, but then, that was about 18 years ago.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
love it!...will never go back to American Domestic beer
Luckily, my liquor store sells Spaten beer, including Optimator (my favorite of the dark Bock beers) and Franziskaner. They also sell the best of the Weißbier kind made by Schneider.

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So the guy that traded me the Velocity Clone is going to take it back and give me a Tobh Atty clone RDA and a Tobeco Hobo RDA.....either of those good?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So the guy that traded me the Velocity Clone is going to take it back and give me a Tobh Atty clone RDA and a Tobeco Hobo RDA.....either of those good?
The TOBH is a flavor RDA, so if you're a cloud chaser, you won't be happy. The airflow isn't to my liking. Therefore, I rarely use it. The Hobo is one of the RDAs I don't own, and I own a lot!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TOBH is a flavor RDA, so if you're a cloud chaser, you won't be happy. The airflow isn't to my liking. Therefore, I rarely use it. The Hobo is one of the RDAs I don't own, and I own a lot!
Oh how the times they are a changing... remeber when the TOBH came out it was considered a cloud chaser...by today standards it is now a tootlepuffer...I remember cloud chasers making videos of the TOBH...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh how the times they are a changing... remeber when the TOBH came out it was considered a cloud chaser...by today standards it is now a tootlepuffer...I remember cloud chasers making videos of the TOBH...
Yeah, I also remember cloud chasers drilling the holes out for improved airflow. I left the holes on my TOBH as they were. Occasionally, I do like to get a vape more tailored to flavor than vapor. However, there are plenty of RDAs, that can do both. My favorite in this category is the 30 mm Castor RDA, to bad it's not sold anymore.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
so how is the Hobo?
I own over 70 RDA, but the Hobo is NOT one of them. However, using Google and looking at the pictures, it seems to be a flavor RDA as well. The airflow coming in from the top, seems to be a little bit bigger (compared to the TOBH), but should suffice.

VU Sponsors