Become a Patron!

Atomizer wont fasten?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right so the box mod that has the little hole where the screw spins and locks in wont lock in it spins and even fasten but it spins infinitely ihaving a look at it closely the circle part seems to slightly move along with the atomizer screw.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
more details please. what box mod, what atomizer, what exactly keeps spinning?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
more details please. what box mod, what atomizer, what exactly keeps spinning?
I joy tornado, smok primus koopor 300w, the little circle thingy it spins along side with the atomizer not allowing it to fasten fully.

Attachments

• IMAG0450.jpg
    IMAG0450.jpg
    820.9 KB · Views: 19

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I joy tornado, smok primus koopor 300w, the little circle thingy it spins along side with the atomizer not allowing it to fasten fully.
is it possible that at one point you over tightened it? did it just start spinning out of nowhere? I don't know what the internals look like or how comfortable you are taking a mod apart, but if that is spinning, something has broken off internally most likely

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
threads are stripped, was what came to my mind
Its not stripped the circle part seems to be its own separate entity fitted in the mod, it seems to have gotten loose, not sure how to fasten it.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is it possible that at one point you over tightened it? did it just start spinning out of nowhere? I don't know what the internals look like or how comfortable you are taking a mod apart, but if that is spinning, something has broken off internally most likely
Nope not tightened it, and randomly yes, it makes a springy noise when reaching the end of the spin cycle and just continues to doing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nope not tightened it, and randomly yes, it makes a springy noise when reaching the end of the spin cycle and just continues to doing.
if it makes a springy noise, that means the atomizer is already all the way in. usually the springy noise would be the spring loaded 510 connector being pushed down by the 510 pin of the atomizer

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if it makes a springy noise, that means the atomizer is already all the way in. usually the springy noise would be the spring loaded 510 connector being pushed down by the 510 pin of the atomizer
Is it suppose to spin infinitely though and it makes a springy noise while trying to spin it back off after I've tried to fasten it fully. Point is it still locks back in just not till a point where it stops moving.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Is it suppose to spin infinitely though and it makes a springy noise while trying to spin it back off after I've tried to fasten it fully. Point is it still locks back in just not till a point where it stops moving.
I'm not familiar with that specific mod, But I've never heard of a mod where the 510 screw base spins by design.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bump, I'm a little worried I don't want it to get worse, I'm not sure is it not suppose to be tightened till a point where it cant spin anymore/budge? or is it suppose to continue spinning after it's been fastened?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess that's a question for someone that has a primus or for the shop you got it from or for smok but it sounds like the 510 connector that you thread the atomizer into broke and is just spinning. That means the connected + & - wires are twisting as you spin it and will eventually break the solder joint and it won't work.

Take it apart and see what's going on with the 510 connector. Maybe it's just the lower nut that meeds to be tightened.

Better yet, return it to the shop you bought it from and get something not made by smok

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guess that's a question for someone that has a primus or for the shop you got it from or for smok but it sounds like the 510 connector that you thread the atomizer into broke and is just spinning. That means the connected + & - wires are twisting as you spin it and will eventually break the solder joint and it won't work.

Take it apart and see what's going on with the 510 connector. Maybe it's just the lower nut that meeds to be tightened.

Better yet, return it to the shop you bought it from and get something not made by smok
But does it usually do that? on any device not just smok?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, not one device made.

If the atomizer never stops turning as you thread it in and its new... and you can see that the threads on the atomizer and the 510 connector are not thrashed then it broke.
Even if you buggered up the threads it should get some resistance as it is bottoming out and not just spin freely.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, not one device made.

If the atomizer never stops turning as you thread it in and its new... and you can see that the threads on the atomizer and the 510 connector are not thrashed then it broke.
Even if you buggered up the threads it should get some resistance as it is bottoming out and not just spin freely.
It's not spinning freely, nor the threads are broken or worn out. May I add it does not spin freely its locked securely and very strong, it's j ust that you can spin it using your hand non stop, unlike a usual screw where it stops turning at some point.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't mean it was spinning on its own like it was possesed:zombie:
Spinning freely as you tighten it up and it continues to turn as you turn it.

It should bottom out and stop turning.

Last edited:

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could just be a nut at the base of the 510 connector but you may be voiding the warranty if you open it up that deep.
If it were me I would get a refund or at least swap it out for a different mod.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It could just be a nut at the base of the 510 connector but you may be voiding the warranty if you open it up that deep.
If it were me I wouldnget a refund or at least swap it out for a different mod.
The dude on that thread wasn't sure on buying it because he said he heard people saying it gets loose and when he did buy it, it actually got loose too, is it just all 510 ports?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, someone had the same problem as you and it sounds like the shitty 510 is just glued in and when ran at high wattage getting hot the glue lets go.

Get a refund and buy something else.
Any other good devices I could get thats made out of steel and has a good build?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In that thread that you started there were a few good suggestions, my opinion is that the Wisemec 2/3 is very versatile small or big mod, can do 250w (more than enough) and is very user friendly for a noob.

The holm wrecker (hexohm?) G2 that was mentioned is a burley box that may be up your alley but may take more getting used to it's functions.

Sooooo many choices but I would exclude anytmade by smok

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In that thread that you started there were a few good suggestions, my opinion is that the Wisemec 2/3 is very versatile small or big mod, can do 250w (more than enough) and is very user friendly for a noob.

The holm wrecker (hexohm?) G2 that was mentioned is a burley box that may be up your alley but may take more getting used to it's functions.

Sooooo many choices but I would exclude anytmade by smok
Sigh, such a shit experience, first my atomizer deck screw gets jammed in (new from box) just couldn't open one, then this, then fake batteries, then charger I ordered off ebay blows up, time to pick cigs back up lol.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...kit-that-has-nothing-included-with-it.272688/
Thread with the G2 mentioned.

That happens when someone that is not accustomed to using advanced equipment jumps in feet first.

Charger blowing up, that shouldn't happen no matter how experienced or new you are but there's something to be said for starting off with equipment that's easy to use and does not get you frustrated.

Like a crown tank with 0.25 coils and a Wisemec 2/3. Simple and done.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...kit-that-has-nothing-included-with-it.272688/
Thread with the G2 mentioned.

That happens when someone that is not accustomed to using advanced equipment jumps in feet first.

Charger blowing up, that shouldn't happen no matter how experienced or new you are but there's something to be said for starting off with equipment that's easy to use and does not get you frustrated.

Like a crown tank with 0.25 coils and a Wisemec 2/3. Simple and done.
BTW I don't mean to sound like an asshole if I come across as one or arrogant and not willing to listen.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A friend switched to vaping a few weeks ago and keeps going back to cigs. Last time she closedbthe airflow and the subohm coil of course flooded. Tons of juice in her mouth. Back to cigs. I fixed it.
Just heard from her and flooding again. It may be the same issue or who knows what but when you have vaped for a while you know how to get things working right.

When you are new it's easier to pick up a cig and light it unfortunately.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW I don't mean to sound like an asshole if I come across as one or arrogant and not willing to listen.

Not at all an asshole but I would say that you were warned in the other thread but you wanted the smok no matter what. It's your money though.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum that can help you save a lot of money buying right the first time and can help you when you run into problems you can't figure out.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A friend switched to vaping a few weeks ago and keeps going back to cigs. Last time she closedbthe airflow and the subohm coil of course flooded. Tons of juice in her mouth. Back to cigs. I fixed it.
Just heard from her and flooding again. It may be the same issue or who knows what but when you have vaped for a while you know how to get things working right.

When you are new it's easier to pick up a cig and light it unfortunately.
Right, I have come with a solution, sorry if it sounds like it's going against your options you have given me, as it's not and I'm not trying to waste your time, I'm just quite upset.
Anyway my suggestion is that I don't have a device meanwhile and I'm guessing if I contact seller he would want the device back first before replacing me with another one. I will order another one now and ask him for a refund and return the other one and get a refund, I won't have anything to smoke on and I don't want to waste money on cigs either, then see how the new one goes?
Wnat do you think?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not at all an asshole but I would say that you were warned in the other thread but you wanted the smok no matter what. It's your money though.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum that can help you save a lot of money buying right the first time and can help you when you run into problems you can't figure out.
I agree but the problem is that lot of devices not just smoke have the same 510 connection issue after doing some extensive googling, take my like btw.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Contact him now. There may be some time limit on returns.

At least you have notified him and you know how long you have to return it

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree but the problem is that lot of devices not just smoke have the same 510 connection issue after doing some extensive googling, take my like btw.

That is rare that a mods 510 is glued in, there was a dna 200 (lavabox?) That was relesed in a rush and had the 510 glued in, that was a big fail. But I've never owned a mod with a glued in 510, that's just stupid to do on a part that can see high heat.

People that strip out the threads in their 510 need to learn how to thread in a screw or attomizer in straight and not gorilla fist it in.

I have had a rx200 for a year and people always complain about the threads stripping but mine are as clean as the day I got it. I know how to thread things together, not once in 7 or 8 years of vaping have I had a stripped attomizer or mod 510.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is rare that a mods 510 is glued in, there was a dna 200 (lavabox?) That was relesed in a rush and had the 510 glued in, that was a big fail. But I've never owned a mod with a glued in 510, that's just stupid to do on a part that can see high heat.

People that strip out the threads in their 510 need to learn how to thread in a screw or attomizer in straight and not gorilla fist it in.

I have had a rx200 for a year and people always complain about the threads stripping but mine are as clean as the day I got it. I know how to thread things together, not once in 7 or 8 years of vaping have I had a stripped attomizer or mod 510.
Yeah true and i didn't mean the glue part i meant the por
that looks good, what is it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snow wolf v1.5 with a twisted messes squared RDA. Because it only does TC in nickel it's strictly a wattage box for me. It's built like a tank and pretty to boot. Well worth a look.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Snow wolf v1.5 with a twisted messes squared RDA. Because it only does TC in nickel it's strictly a wattage box for me. It's built like a tank and pretty to boot. Well worth a look.
What do you mean strictly a wattage for you ?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Return it and get a 2/3 ;)
No please don't. The rx has people coming here with issues all the time. Nothing wrong with smok mods at all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My buddy that picked up a 2/3 about a month ago hasn't had an issue with it yet and it's his only mod (daily use). Granted a month isn't a long time but it has lasted longer than the couple days Pedram's smok lasted lol.

How can you say there's nothing wrong with smok in a thread complaining about a smok that either has a glued in or such shit cheap metal 510 that it broke in days? Would you suggest buying another smok?

I've said it before, the people that have issues with Wisemec 510's are using tvf4 or 8 or whatever subtanks (another smok product lol) or don't know how to thread things together. Use a attomizer with a normal 510 length like just about every one available besides a smok subtank and it will last a very long time.

If I bought a smok and it broke in days like Pedram's did... I wouldn't be buying a second smok. Fool me once bad on them, fool me twice... bad on me.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean strictly a wattage for you ?

He doesn't like using Ni wire so he only uses it in power mode or watt mode most likely with stainless wire. That mod may be more $$$ than you want to spend anyway based on your $50 smok purchase.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My buddy that picked up a 2/3 about a month ago hasn't had an issue with it yet and it's his only mod (daily use). Granted a month isn't a long time but it has lasted longer than the couple days Pedram's smok lasted lol.

How can you say there's nothing wrong with smok in a thread complaining about a smok that either has a glued in or such shit cheap metal 510 that it broke in days? Would you suggest buying another smok?

I've said it before, the people that have issues with Wisemec 510's are using tvf4 or 8 or whatever subtanks (another smok product lol) or don't know how to thread things together. Use a attomizer with a normal 510 length like just about every one available besides a smok subtank and it will last a very long time.

If I bought a smok and it broke in days like Pedram's did... I wouldn't be buying a second smok. Fool me once bad on them, fool me twice... bad on me.
It's one mod. People are on here once a week with rx issues. I brought 3 G2 one of them had issues. All the companies QC sucks to be honest. But the thing with the rx is the 510 pin sucks on everyone including their expensive dna model. A lot of people here upgraded to the fat daddy vapes 510 pin for it. It's such an issue fat daddy vape made an upgraded 510 to sell lol. It's bad when a product requires an after market upgrade. I had an xcube 2 with an issue as well. Got a replacement and it works perfectly. With any tank. Also I don't like wismec response saying using any non wismec atty voids warranties. That's terrible support. And who wants to use a wismec atty? I'm not saying it's a bad mod. I'm saying I wouldn't recommend it for someone's everyday only mod. Smok has had plenty of mods that work fine. I wouldn't recommend a smok mod unless someone wants to spend less then 60 bucks, but I sure would pick one over a wismec. Also IMO smok makes the best pre-made coil tanks why would I want a mod that won't work with it?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mosts of the posts I've seen about that are from use with a smok atty, granted I haven't read every post about it and maybe there are other attys with exceptionally long 510's that they are having the same issue with.
All I can speak to is my own Wisemec experience and that has been positive. While my buddies is only one example, that example has lasted longer than Pedram's smok.

Bullet proof mod, SX Mini... but that's not going to put out the power he wants. Build your own box with a dna or 350j chip, as bullet proof as your assembling capabilities are.

I guess if you want to spend less than $100 you may get a dud or it may last, crap shoot.

Other then that, yeah, the QC out of China and even the US leaves a lot to be desired but again, I wouldn't replace a mod that took a shit on me in a few days with the same companies product.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mosts of the posts I've seen about that are from use with a smok atty, granted I haven't read every post about it and maybe there are other attys with exceptionally long 510's that they are having the same issue with.
All I can speak to is my own Wisemec experience and that has been positive. While my buddies is only one example, that example has lasted longer than Pedram's smok.

Bullet proof mod, SX Mini... but that's not going to put out the power he wants. Build your own box with a dna or 350j chip, as bullet proof as your assembling capabilities are.

I guess if you want to spend less than $100 you may get a dud or it may last, crap shoot.

Other then that, yeah, the QC out of China and even the US leaves a lot to be desired but again, I wouldn't replace a mod that took a shit on me in a few days with the same companies product.
I'm not saying your wrong. Nothing wrong with the mod. I mean if he's only doing wattage a fuchai 213 would be great even though it doesn't temp control. Personally when I recommend something it's an ipv5 for cheapest, G2 for mid range, and dna 200 for expensive. But it depends on the person. I wouldn't recommend a DNA mod unless it's someone who wants to tinker and hook it to a PC.

As far as smok tanks go, they do tend to have a longer 510 then my rdas, but they work fine on every device I have. Only the wismec have issues with it. It's a poor design IMO especially on the expensive dna model.

And for bulletproof you can't beat a G2. The owner ran it over with his car and it still worked lol. But smok for the price makes solid mods imo with lots of features, good menu system, decent temp control and nice looks. I'm not a fan of the rx looks. I tend to stay away from wismec products more then any other brand

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not knocking the ipv5 but it's funny... my buddy that got the 2/3 can break any mod. I don't know what he does to them but he's had 2 out of 2 fail on him (among other mods).
Fire button on both, one of them I pulled the foam fire button sealer gasket thing and it works fine now and is his backup for when he figures out how to break the 2/3. The other one couldn't be resurrected. At least he'll have something for when he does inevitability break his 2/3 and is waiting for something new in the mail, he could probably break a G2 or SX Mini.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not knocking the ipv5 but it's funny... my buddy that got the 2/3 can break any mod. I don't know what he does to them but he's had 2 out of 2 fail on him (among other mods).
Fire button on both, one of them I pulled the foam fire button sealer gasket thing and it works fine now and is his backup for when he figures out how to break the 2/3. The other one couldn't be resurrected. At least he'll have something for when he does inevitability break his 2/3 and is waiting for something new in the mail, he could probably break a G2 or SX Mini.
Some people don't treat their stuff right

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started to scroll through this but got tired.
@PedramCarter I have a Primus Koopor and if the 510 adapter is spinning, it is broken.
The wire that SHOULD be soldered onto the bottom must be broken by now with the amount of times you have spun it.
Not going to add to the long list of other mods for choices, you certainly have a lengthy list by now.
But I wanted to positively tell you that the 510 adapter is NOT supposed to spin AT ALL.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Any other good devices I could get thats made out of steel and has a good build?

Jiminy Christmas

A few things
I agree with fq, sounds like the 510 came loose inside the box. I would return it for refund, unless you know your way around the inside the mod.
As to replacements, I am always wary of taking advice from fanboys of any particular mod in general; as, I would hate to wear anyone elses blinders or befall to another's tunnel vision. The G2 may be a good mod; but, like everything vaping personal preference is just that. Thank goodness we have a large inventory of available products.
Personally, I don't need more than 100w so I'm a fan of the dna75s and 133mods. Nothing I would recommend to another unless they like to fidget with the escribe. Also I do like the 60w radius with tc from provape- a large investment for some and something else I won't recommend.
I do really enjoy my girlfriends joyetech evic mini and the mini dual.
Thanks plenty of power for subtanks and the mini has never given her any problems.
On the wismec, I've never bought one; however, that was probably the best selling mod of 2016, and the last quarter of 2015. More mods sold means more mods to have issues with - hence more complaining complainers and militant douchesnozzels.

Just my 2cents as an outside observer. In the end, you have to get what will work best for you within your budget.

I just signed up to let you ALL know that you are retarded and dont know a fucking thing about mods. NO ONE in this thread should EVER open up a mod, yall are too stupid and will blow your shit up. That being said. learn to read, cuz noone helpee the guy asking the question. So here is the DEFINITVE answer.

Inside the mod at the bas of th 510 connector is sometimes a nut that simply needs to be tightend.

On MOST mods it is just a shitty glue and you tightend it too much. If you keep spinning it you will break the positive wire to the atomizer. You think wismec/smok/ijoy give a fuck? They can make anything they want, any way they want it. They make them cheap, then sell them high.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just signed up to let you ALL know that you are retarded and dont know a fucking thing about mods. NO ONE in this thread should EVER open up a mod, yall are too stupid and will blow your shit up. That being said. learn to read, cuz noone helpee the guy asking the question. So here is the DEFINITVE answer.

Inside the mod at the bas of th 510 connector is sometimes a nut that simply needs to be tightend.

On MOST mods it is just a shitty glue and you tightend it too much. If you keep spinning it you will break the positive wire to the atomizer. You think wismec/smok/ijoy give a fuck? They can make anything they want, any way they want it. They make them cheap, then sell them high.
Well, thank god you signed up as we've had a real deficit of know it all shitbirds within our ranks.

VU Sponsors