Become a Patron!

Attack on the Istick

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fuck, I want it to connect to my iPhone.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if the 510 connector is any better than the one on the iStick.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's only 4mm taller than the iStick, and the connector is above the battery, so I can't imagine that it's a sprung 510!

Specs are here: http://www.szecigarette.com/products/709.html

Power: 9 - 30W
Voltage: 3.0 - 5.5V

That's not a very big range of volts! Judging by those ranges, 1 ohm would be the sweet spot where you actually get 9 - 30W available.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now you've done it... next week, upgrade with built in mp3 player, iPhone app, another 150 watts, car jump starter that plugs into cig lighter, and very beautiful artwork
do not forget the extension that converts it into a beautiful artwork tattoo gun!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Have you guys seen this one? The 30w istick copy?

Even using the istick in the video to show that it reads a lower ohm. Has power bank and a flashlight lol. There is no shortage of mods out there right now.

Wow, thanks for sharing .. I would have liked to see them make a 30W device that looks a lot less like the iStick. They changed the shape of the body slightly and the buttons but still. I like what P4U did with their the IPV mini a little more, most especially the removable 650 even as that was inspired by the iStick as well.

I would like to see something along these lines made out of stainless :)

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SS would be amazing, I really like the istick my wife has, and she loves it, she loves how small it is compared to my mvp 2.0 I have to say I kinda agree with her.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
l was amazed to find that the flashlight function worked in the dark!

Who would have Thunk It?

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just a point of clarification: joyetech owns eleaf, or is a parent company. this is just a progression of tech, not an attack on.

http://trademarks.justia.com/856/77/eleaf-85677872.html

disclaimer: just my opinion, which sometimes takes leave of reality. ok, most of the time. ;)

not sure why...

peace_pipe_smiley.gif

well, maybe. :p

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just a point of clarification: joyetech owns eleaf, or is a parent company. this is just a progression of tech, not an attack on.

http://trademarks.justia.com/856/77/eleaf-85677872.html

disclaimer: just my opinion, which sometimes takes leave of reality. ok, most of the time. ;)

not sure why...

peace_pipe_smiley.gif

well, maybe. :p
lol the title was just in jest. Personally I dislike the "killer" line that everybody uses for any new device.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol the title was just in jest. Personally I dislike the "killer" line that everybody uses for any new device.

oh. i can miss the obvious! :p

i was researching this, earlier this morning. it is dc, unlike the eleaf, which is good. center pin is not floating, or, apparently, adjustable. maybe this is supposed to be a fix all:

i don't have the threading issues as i don't change tanks much. i have a battery for every tank. personally, i love the shape and form of the iStick. if they put a floating center pin in and make it so you can put a 18650 in this, i'm in for about a dozen! ;)

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the Review vid on this adapter,Sam... I like this reviewer as well, I will watch for these to come out and pick up a couple, I am sure Moe will really like these:)

Edit I just ordered 4 of them here

http://sweet-vapes.com/

Last edited:

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh. i can miss the obvious! :p

i was researching this, earlier this morning. it is dc, unlike the eleaf, which is good. center pin is not floating, or, apparently, adjustable. maybe this is supposed to be a fix all:

i don't have the threading issues as i don't change tanks much. i have a battery for every tank. personally, i love the shape and form of the iStick. if they put a floating center pin in and make it so you can put a 18650 in this, i'm in for about a dozen! ;)

Thanks for posting the vid.

But come on now ... for this, we need yet another tool just to attach it to the existing connector? Hmmmm ... will wait in hopes that a future iStick version will have the spring loaded connector already built into the device itself.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pending more info this looks pretty interesting to me. I see the wholesale price is very close so it should be competitively priced. It wouldn't be a surprise to see several very similar devices popping up soon.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ Moe, Yaaa but I want something for the ones I have now:D:cool: Plus, I'm thinking they will work on some of my other mods too:) $8.95 works for me

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oops! egg on my face! that new mod is made by Joye4life, not Joyetech. :oops:

samjoseph1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now you've done it... next week, upgrade with built in mp3 player, iPhone app, another 150 watts, car jump starter that plugs into cig lighter, and very beautiful artwork

Don't be that funny, I cannot help laughing!!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just for an indication on pricing the first pre-order has surfaced. $49.95 for the full kit. Evkoo.com. Seems most of the references I've seen to them were from people who weren't happy. I'm not interested in pre-orders anyway but it does look like it will be ball park with the Istick full kit. Remains to be seen if it performs and holds together of course.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my adapters today, I like them!!
They don't fit on my Shark, I'll try them on some other mods later.
IMG_2314_zpscdef4be4.jpg

3aa717cb-94ec-4c2a-abea-fdf2cdcc68ba_zps3e7af45d.jpg
Update:Novelty, they really don't do much except give you a floating pin, they are now in my odds & ends drawer, They bulk the mod up too much... I'd rather have the adapter that came with them originally.

VU Sponsors