Become a Patron!

Augvape DRUGA RDA...Don't miss this one!

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I read somewhere in youtube comments that Druga was translated as "the beginning to everything". Don't quote me, I forgot what language it was translated from, and the source..umm yea. I like to think it fits this RDA though. The Augvape Druga was a collaboration of "Indonesian's Pride Coil Builder Mike" @vapehouse and @AugvapeOfficial. This is the first RDA that Mike has designed as well as one of the first RDA's that Augvape has manufactured. I have to say... they nailed it. I also saw online where some people were pissed about the name "Druga" and how it's associated with actual drugs or some crap. I'm from the south...first thing I thought when I saw the name was a new Redneck word of the day; Druga - "Earlier I druga 14 point buck through my yard with a 4-wheeler". But I didn't really think it was pronounced like that lol. Not 'drug-ah'...Probably more like 'dru-ga'. I tend to roll my tounge on the R like Dracula when I say it but that's just me. I can't wait to dive into this review!

What we have here is a 24mm RDA made from 304 stainless steel with 24K gold plating on the deck. Ignore the low price tag... Augvape hooked this thing up. There's 3 options for drip tips, and they're Goon styled and sized (810 if your buying custom tips). Installed from the factory you get the shorty ultem tip, which I wasn't too fond of at first but it grows on you! I barely put my lips to it and let air come in through the sides of my mouth, crank up the watts, open the airflow all the way and blow as big of a cloud as I want. I love how it has the name etched in the side of the ultem. Talk about attention to detail! It stays amazingly cool as well. This is my first time using ultem and it should be included with all atomizers. Second is the delrin tip. It's a damn nice one too with thick walls and a silky finish. The third option is the drip tip adapter, allowing you to use whatever goofy tip you want to use.

The 510 posi-pin is gold plated brass for excellent conductivity. It doesn't protrude out very far so be careful using this on a hybrid mech. Augvape also included a squonk pin and I'm betting that this RDA is perfect for that. 20mm diameter deck...a huge open floor plan...what else do you need? I'm on the hunt for a squonk mod now just so I can use this RDA with it. The threads are smooth when you screw it to a mod and it sits flush on everything I own. The barrell section fits snug but you dont have to grit your teeth trying to pull it off. On the other hand, it's tight enough that I can pick up a dual 18650 mod only holding the barrel section. The o-rings on the top cap/ airflow adjustment are just the right size. It turns so easily, almost like its inside of a track, yet it stays in place so well. The fit and finish is outstanding all around.

I haven't messed around with this type of build deck before. It reminds me of the Skill and Skywalker RDAs but instead of running a grub screw down between a split post the Druga has a knurled cap that you screw down over a split post. They call it CSS or "Clamp Snag System. You can do most of the work by hand, but when tightening down onto wire leads you must use something close to a 3mm flathead screwdriver (the one you get in the Coilmaster build kit works). At first I thought it was made for a phillips head driver but it isn't tapered down towards the center as it should be. If you try to use a phillips on this you can kiss your post caps goodbye...and my first con is that you dont get any extras of those. I think at least one spare would have been a good idea.

This is a builders dripper. Designed by a builder...for builders. Sure, you can install small, round wire coils into it no problem...but it shines the most with metal monsters inside. You don't have to be any good at building fancy coils either. A quick search online and you can have some awesome coils shipped to your door in no time (please research ohms law, check your batteries limits, and watch youtube tutorials on installing coils if you're new to building). Installing coils could not be easier. I remove the post caps completely, measure and cut the leads , set both coils inside the slots and then screw the caps back on. Once I get the caps finger tight I break out the flat head and finish it up. After wicking, if you leave an open air channel under your coils, air can travel completely around the coil and bring every wisp of vapor into your mouth...an awesome conical top cap also helps thing's along. Oh, I can't leave out the 6mm juice well. It's not like having a tank or anything but it holds a good amount. I haven't had it leak on me yet and I over drip all the time. I can get several pulls on this thing after a fresh wetting of the wicks. :ejuice::cloud::cloud::cloud:

To sum it all up, the Augvape Druga is a fine piece of work. Everything works flawlessly. The airflow is smooth no matter how it's adjusted and hardly makes any noise when you hit it. It's set up for dual coils only as you have no single coil airflow, and that could be a bummer to some people. Another thing you won't have to worry about is the paint...it's anodized I believe... and they didn't cheap out and leave the inside of the cap unfinished. The quality is impressive to say the least...did I mention that already? It quickly became one of my favorites. The innovative deck, the functionality, the flavor production, and the love that went into making the Druga defines this RDA.

Augvape has many other great products that I highly recommend you check out. You don't have to worry about weeding through fifty things looking for one or two great products. They have a small line-up, and all of the items are great. They could charge way more for their stuff, and that says a lot about the company.
www.augvape.com
Instagram and Twitter are @Augvapeofficial
Facebook.com/AugvapeOfficial
http://www.augvape.com/product/druga-rda/
Thank you Augvape for making this review possible! :cheers:

Thanks for reading! If you're in the market for a new dripper look no further. It's not the only great RDA out there but it's right near the top. For an average price of $35.00 why the hell not.
:wave: Until Next Time! :wave:

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review signman got my one on the way pulled the trigger and purchased one can't wait to try it ...I'll knock out a review after I've spent some time with it as well

Just need to decide what coils I'm gonna make especially for it!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Druga is my RDA of choice when I have an odd build to try out. It's so damn easy to build on it! The rest of the RDA is kind of average, and nothing out of the ordinary.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
as well as the first RDA that Augvape has manufactured. I

Small correction here: Augvape has two previous RDAs - the Astro and the Druid

I own both of them, in addition to the Druga

This is the first RDA they made that is easily squonkified though

The Druga is an awesome RDA - agree with that all the way!

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice review, bud!

On impulse, I threw a clone of it in my cart at FT last week, 'cause for $7.50, YTF not, right? LOL I'll be getting the authentic eventually, of course.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review signman got my one on the way pulled the trigger and purchased one can't wait to try it ...I'll knock out a review after I've spent some time with it as well

Just need to decide what coils I'm gonna make especially for it!
I cant wait to see what you put in there boss! You're gonna love this thing. I look forward to your review!

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Small correction here: Augvape has two previous RDAs - the Astro and the Druid

I own both of them, in addition to the Druga

This is the first RDA they made that is easily squonkified though

The Druga is an awesome RDA - agree with that all the way!
Thanks for the correction. Edit has been made

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice review, bud!

On impulse, I threw a clone of it in my cart at FT last week, 'cause for $7.50, YTF not, right? LOL I'll be getting the authentic eventually, of course.
Dude I have so many clones it's sad lol. I will say though if you haven't tried a clone from Efun you should check them out! I got a couple off FT and just didn't like what I got. The ones from Efun are made well and hard to tell from the originals. Not all of them are great I'm sure.. but the ones I got were awesome. Let me know how yours turns out brother!

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didnt pay much attention to that last pic in the review but damn look at how clean and nice that cotton is! It's as old as the coils and the pic was taken about 4 or 5 days after they were new. I vaped the hell outta that thing! It just shows how well this deck distributes juice. I was also using native wicks platinum so that probably helped. Lightning vapes does this bundle thing where you can get a roll of wire and a bag of cotton for about the same price as the cotton alone! I didn't think the "premium" cottons were special or different from regular japanese squares but the native wicks is good imo. :blah:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
And here she is! Gonna attempt a 5 core staggered fused clapton for this beauty when I next get round to building! Might as well give it a go never tried that build before ;)

IMG_1134.JPG

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And here she is! Gonna attempt a 5 core staggered fused clapton for this beauty when I next get round to building! Might as well give it a go never tried that build before ;)

View attachment 83360
That is a freaking badass setup! I love the looks of that geekvape mech box especially with the druga on top. Have you had any issues with the button sticking on the mech?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That is a freaking badass setup! I love the looks of that geekvape mech box especially with the druga on top. Have you had any issues with the button sticking on the mech?

Not sticking no but it's pretty tough to press in at the moment maybe because it's new? ...rocking a 0.17 build on the exo and it's such a lovely smooth vape mate kinda get what Rossco meant now about the power delivery is just better on a mech

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sticking no but it's pretty tough to press in at the moment maybe because it's new? ...rocking a 0.17 build on the exo and it's such a lovely smooth vape mate kinda get what Rossco meant now about the power delivery is just better on a mech
Yea i bet your right about the button not being broke in yet. I love that mech cause its fully mechanical! I bet you are getting awesome power from that .17 build! And its super safe! Thats what I like the most.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yea i bet your right about the button not being broke in yet. I love that mech cause its fully mechanical! I bet you are getting awesome power from that .17 build! And its super safe! Thats what I like the most.

Yeah for a first time mech user like me it's a good choice

Parralel batteries so knowing the types of builds I go for on low resistence side have increased CDR helps

On of switch inside door panel

The sled is designed so batteries won't work if inserted wrong way round

Button resistence is strong so it won't just engage easily

Hits fantastically at 0.17 reckon it's about 84w (22amp draw) with sag at full charge just where I like it running the IJOY Exo on it at the moment can't wait to give the Druga a run out though when I next get the chance to do some coil building

It's bloody heavy and solid absolutely love it

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ooooh! Druga in colors!
992e30366208c373d0a23397f25e7cc8.jpg
cf2fdfc5e18518dcb94f597f93821a13.jpg

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dude I have so many clones it's sad lol. I will say though if you haven't tried a clone from Efun you should check them out! I got a couple off FT and just didn't like what I got. The ones from Efun are made well and hard to tell from the originals. Not all of them are great I'm sure.. but the ones I got were awesome. Let me know how yours turns out brother!
Been using my clone for about 3 weeks now. Haven't stripped or melted anything yet lol. No leaks. No broken o-rings. No complaints. I feel like it's worth more than the 7.50 I paid for it.
I'm planning on building myself a squonker soon, so I may get an authentic to match the box color.

Here's the clone on a G2:
IMG_20170622_021227.jpg

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't tell that's a clone. They even got the ultem tip spot on. Did it come with 2 drip tips and a squonk pin?

VU Sponsors