Become a Patron!

Augvape Intake RTA review by KingPin! (inc. wicking guide)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks

With top airflow RTA’s appearing round every corner and under every rock this year; it’s going to take something special at the mid-year mark for me to sit up and take note, in fact if I’m being completely honest I’m a little washed out at the thought of reviewing any more “samey” top airflow tanks, at least that is without keeping my finger firmly off the “yawn” re-run review button.

However Augvape were brave…praise both the vape and coil building gods; Mike gave us Snorkels baby! so In obligatory tradition Augvape kindly sent me the Intake RTA for the once over. As always I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews, instead I’ll present you with my findings to help bolster your research should you be interested in the product.

624D41BC-CFDA-4FA1-BAC6-CB0DA5BAA38B.jpeg

Specification Overview & What’s in the box
  • Visible Height: 45mm
  • Diameter: 24mm at the base (27mm at widest part)
  • Capacity: 4.2ml with bubble tank (3ml with straight glass)
  • Thread length 4.19mm (gold plated positive pin)
  • Construction: 304 Stainless Steel and Glass Construction
  • Drip Tip (Stock shorty 810 – Tapered Bore 7.4mm > 11.3mm, Spare 810 – tapered bore 7.4mm > 13.5mm)
  • Refill Port: 2 (kidney style 9 x 3.9mm)
  • Airflow Slots: 2 (10 x 3mm)
  • Chimney Bore: 5.9mm
  • Air Tube Bore: 3.5mm (two tubes)
  • Chamber width: 19mm
  • Post distance for coil width: 6.5mm
  • Deck length between posts: 6mm
  • Chamber Height 9.4mm
  • Airflow on Deck: Bottom airflow x 3 (each 2.7 x 2.1mm)
  • Wicking hole Size: 4.4mm x 3.2mm
  • Extras: Screws, Straight Glass, 510 Adaptor, O-rings, Tool, 2 spare screws, spare 810 drip tip
Product Information: http://www.augvape.com/product/intake-rta/
Available Colours: Black, Stainless, Blue, Gun Metal

Impressions, Build Quality & Assembly

Let’s start with the low profile stock drip tip, it’s unusual to say the least, it’ll be one of those you’ll either grow to like (unless you already happen to enjoy a tail pipe style of vaping) or like me it’ll remind you of one of those blow up pillow rings to relieve pile/coccyx pain. To be fair as with all of the releases Mikes involved with; he always makes sure there’s options included to cater for as many people as possible, so you have a taller, more normal 810 included with a slightly larger tapered bore (see my measurements). There’s also a 510 adaptor which is what I chose to use since the chimney bore is a 510 diameter anyway (at 5.9mm).

18F7D78B-4848-4ADE-BDEE-ABC4717BB854.jpeg D859CC2F-F408-40FF-A0D4-A0476CDC44C0.jpeg
DD1FC1BF-C301-4CB6-B589-02DD1CDC4EDD.jpeg

I appreciate why Mike went for the low profile tip because the whole top portion of the RTA is a little on the tall side, and running a tall drip tip would have enhanced that aspect further. To me it’s not the prettiest tank out there but it’s certainly functional. The top cap is a quarter twist bayonet style, and due to its height you have plenty to grab onto making refilling an absolute doddle; even for those who have weakness in their fingers. Not only that but the seal underneath has some decent flex to it; meaning it doesn’t squeeze juice out of the seams easily after fastening which I’ve seen on other top airflow atomisers.

8D284090-9E2F-4B7B-8955-0CAB91835397.jpeg

The only area of critique around the top section is the O-ring holding the airflow ring in place. I think it would have been better to locate it at the top rather than bottom since juice has a tendency to get underneath it after removing/securing the top cap repeatedly.

837B98A7-B7F3-4D2A-9E05-DBE5E00912F8.jpeg

Fit and finish is generally good throughout, as is the paintwork. On this matte black version you cannot see any of the gaudy branding we have become accustomed to from Mike in the past, even the engraved “Intake” writing on the chamber is difficult to see which I personally prefer. The only two areas of critique were the edges of my deck could have been sanded better during the final manufacturing stage; also the O-Ring around the base pops out a little too easily when cleaning so keep an eye you don’t lose it.

6A71BCB0-A8E4-43EB-9F2F-CFA0248865E6.jpeg

The tank comes with two types of glass, the 4.2ml bubble for those who like a little more capacity, and the 3ml straight for those who prefer the slender profile with their set ups. I managed to knock my mod over a few times since taking notes for this review and thankfully the bubble glass was thick enough to take it. This is an area to take into consideration when using slimmer mods though and I was probably lucky to get away with it, so note to self: use a band with the bubble as it extends out to 27mm diameter at its widest point, whereas the base is 24mm.

Some parts of the Intake design aren’t dissimilar to other top airflow released this year;
  • The bayonet top cap idea I mentioned above has been about for a while and we’ve seen it on the likes of the Zeus and Themis already to name a couple, but it’s a great idea why the heck wouldn’t you use it!?
  • The inside chamber has the flat ceiling which spins after you lock the airflow tubes into place. Like all of the others out there with this false ceiling; it’s the most difficult area of the atomiser to get behind and clean.
BFE986AF-7288-4A63-B73D-F68E337BC39D.jpeg
  • It has a similar chimney diameter to all of the other single coiler top airflow RTA’s I’ve tried, meaning is actually suited to 510 drip tips well.
  • It has similar sized kidney shaped refill ports accommodating all but the big twist top nozzle bottles.
  • The base shape and its knurling reminds me little of the styling I’ve seen on others this year. In addition you can turn the tank upside down and unscrew the base to inspect the deck (if you’re careful).
  • The Airflow Control Ring, is held in place in a similar way to others I’ve seen, again it makes sense so why not use it.

Really that’s where the similarities end though, considering how it looks on the outside they have managed to fit a lot inside that chamber housing, it’s a little like Dr. Who’s tardis: you get a decent build space, two snorkel tubes, 2 decent sized wicking wells and a wide bottom airflow all crammed into a 19mm diameter area, I’m pretty impressed. I fed back to Augvape (prior to this review) that I’d like to have seen those tubes sport slightly wider diameters just to increase the airflow range slightly, but to be honest I imagine here Mike would have messed about with multiple beta’s of this product and I reckon you’d only get away with an extra 0.5mm or so at the most….still it’s an area they could tweak with in a follow up.

The Intake has a floating deck which appears to be press fit (at least I was unable to remove it); it has the same non-adjustable positive pin seen on the OBS series of tanks. Combined with the chamber I mentioned earlier and the base being press fit; it does make cleaning harder than some RTA’s on the market.

One of my favourite touches is the wicking channels being angled upward at 45 degrees running in line with the bubble glass outward extension. It lets you know exactly where you stand with wicking and more importantly no more juice bubbles sitting under the base or getting trapped against the glass, you’ve either wicked this right or you haven’t.

03CF2BEC-6B87-4045-BC7F-20D20638FD40.jpeg

Finally just to end this section the tank breaks down into 5 parts (6 if using the 510 adaptor).

87C5C4DC-9BA5-4C36-AFDA-D09372812985.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Coil Building

Considering the airflow tubes look like they will cause interference; I found they offered a helpful build guide and even support when wicking (which you’ll see in my next section)

B9F74C72-D71F-44F5-B580-F51A940F4F13.jpeg

The actual build space measurements are as follows:
  • Post distance for coil width: 6.5mm
  • Deck length between posts: 6mm
  • Chamber Height 9.4mm
I found it’s best to approach this deck thinking you have a 6mm cubed work space, and this means you can get some pretty chunky builds in there. For instance this below build was a 3.5mm ID dragon skin coil I made (consisting of three 28g twisted cores) purely to test how it would affect the draw and atomiser temperature… the answer?....not very much affect at all; surprisingly the draw doesn’t seem to change even with the centre area plugged up, on top of that atomiser temperature is kept in check thanks to the radiator type goings on inside.

0D4452D1-61D6-411D-BD0A-9D211FDF419D.jpeg

Having said that that coil isn’t really practical outside of testing … instead I went to my go temp control build: the mighty SS316L, 3mm ID “Flapton Coil” (consisting of 25g flattened wire with a 38g Clapton wrap) I find this a good middle ground to see if a particular product needs a staple or alien coil, in addition to benchmark it against the other single coil atomisers I own. The good news is the Intake RTA works effortlessly with this build so I see no reason to go nuts with other build types.

104FEFD5-10AC-48BE-B0CA-2C2FE1E966FD.jpeg

I’ve tried different heights and I do think close to the airflow seems to work out well so I position my coil like so.

C8A6F2D8-27C2-4A57-B34A-2478DD156BAE.jpeg

I also add enough wraps to make sure the leads feed straight into each post without hanging over the wicking area…remember this is a clockwise (under and over) coiling deck.

In terms of experiences building on it I like the following;

The tubes being attached to the deck means you don’t have to worry about seeping and condensation entering the pipework; nevertheless I do think it’s best to be mindful of cotton hanging over the bottom airflow ports being it sits almost flush because this will lead to problems.

I like that the posts end before the wicking holes, There are so many RTA’s I own where I have to bend the legs in to make sure my cotton isn’t hanging over them (leading to burning).

ECDB6BBD-0134-45D7-BE28-2A0C136887BA.jpeg

I mentioned it all above but the build space is ample 3 or up to 4 mm ID coils will fit in here for you fine.

I like that it’s pretty easy to snip the leads flush against the post, it’s even fairly forgiving leaving a bit of the lead left over.

The post screws are Phillips (which I’m not a fan of), but thankfully they do have a deep cut outs so getting a good grip with the screwdriver isn’t difficult

There are areas for improvement however;

The lip on the post is too small, and just like the OBS Engine 2 the screws are very similar in that they try to eject the leads as you tighten down, it’s just a little less fiddly to deal with on this deck than the engine.

D5D30E7E-128F-41AF-AB9E-64DEC9FFB9F4.jpeg

Post screws and the two spares are Phillips …it would be good to have seen an alternative offered in the spares such as hex or flat head. I did take measurements of them if it helps you find replacements should you strip or lose them ; they are an M2.5 x 4mm (DIN7985) pan head.

I would like to have seen a marker added on the tube as to how high you can position the coil. Since there isn’t one try not to go above this line or you’ll find it shorts out on the chamber ceiling.

29827462-AC5C-4DCE-9F42-C8EA02257D5B.jpeg

The posts are a little too short to allow you to wrap the coil in either direction; I think they could have perhaps made them slightly taller to allow the leads to sit higher and properly out of the way, but appreciate it was done this way to ensure the screw head doesn’t sit too high with large coil legs…incorporating the screw into the post like the OBS Engine Nano would have helped on this front though.

Overall the critique areas are minor; I found the building experience to be forgiving and easy.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Wicking Guide

I use the “Scottish roll method” (google this) and I’m using Cotton Bacon V2. The juice I run is 75% VG so rake more or less cotton away in step 3 depending on the thickness of your juice and diameter of the coil. This method is the same for both 3 and 3.5mm inner diameter coils.

1. When I feed the cotton through the coil it feels pretty snug to the point it’s almost moving the coil. Once complete I move it back and forth a few times to settle it into position which loosens it up slightly.

2. With the ends of the cotton showing place the scissors under the base of the deck both sides. This puts a cut line across the cotton for you (which I’ve marked in the photo)

7C9A00D5-84A6-40B4-A74B-A2BBCB85DA99.jpeg

3. Cut away, and rake your cotton from different angles so it feels like it’s combing through the same way both top and sides. (Read ahead up to step 8 here as to how much cotton you rake away, it’ll be very much a feel thing so don’t worry if you have to come back and repeat this step)

80C08158-B9DD-424F-B5C1-553DA9DE1480.jpeg

4. Once done cut again to tidy up giving you the “bow tie” look

06BB7FDD-DF0B-4963-A53F-52AED27D6E74.jpeg

5. Now place your scissors on the edge of the deck and aim to cut towards the centre of each tip

5FDAF428-331F-406E-9F37-FC33D84AB1DC.jpeg

6. You’ll end up with something like this

71E7A2D3-E298-44AC-B970-205B560B07C8.jpeg

7. Feed the cotton into the well starting from the bottom and working up. This bit is important after each pass make sure you are properly pushing it through all the way through creating a fluffy base, because my approach will leave cotton poking out of the bottom and you need to make sure the cotton hasn’t ended up in a ball at this stage.

AAA16F11-D14F-48C1-AD9E-957140B5DB13.jpeg

8. After you have finished poking all the cotton through it should be fluffy and lose enough to put your scissors or tweezers in the well and push down. Don’t worry about leaving a gap at the front when doing this because you’ll be fixing it in the next step. If you can’t push the scissors in easily go back to step 3 rinse and repeat

44834A49-55EF-4FD2-8C23-36A59AE59F4B.jpeg
FA95AACC-9938-4EB1-BDEF-C2197E11CD1C.jpeg

9. Now grab a pin and place it behind the cotton so it rests in front of the air tube and post and gently pull it forward slightly. This will have two positive effects, first it moves the back of the cotton away from the bottom airflow located on the deck (stopping leaking in the airways, second it moves the cotton forward to plug up that gap you made with the scissors/tweezers.

115FB1AF-3E13-4498-9BD3-2219BC7EBDCC.jpeg
6B64C91C-9DC4-404D-8A0E-B3E86C24D6D0.jpeg

10. You should now be done …juice her up and make sure the cotton has swelled sufficiently to plug up the well, in addition check that it’s not hanging over the edge of the deck as the chamber will push it back undoing what you did in step 9, if this happens do the pin trick again and gently sculpt it.

11. Now time to re-assemble – place the chamber over the deck and reverse screw it until the airflow tubes find the holes in the chamber ceiling, this also helps to remove cotton in the threads. Once you feel it slot into place, tighten it up clockwise and check the cotton is still poking out of the bottom holes ok. Fill up the tank a quarter way to check its wicking ok and enjoy.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How’s it Vape?

It vapes likes a dual coil RTA, seriously I can’t tell the different because you get a similar pressure effect on the draw which is difficult to describe, but if anyone out there owns the Reload RTA you will know what I mean here, the best I can do is there’s a small delayed “thump” after the inhale delivering a packet of flavour and vapour; it’s just marvellous.

Do I like the stock drip tip? …nope I just cannot get on with that haemorrhoids pillow, instead I’ve opted for an aftermarket drip tip which is a little like the recurve drip tip but in a 510 form, (if you wanted something similar ask in the comments I’ll provide a link to where I bought it). In its defence the stock drip tip isn’t bad and doesn’t get hot, I just don’t like tail pipe style vaping.

81225309-41FA-434D-878B-F3402CE2E407.jpeg

I promised my fellow vapers on the underground that I’d do some airflow comparisons, so here’s how I rank it versus my other single coil top airflow RTAs and bear in mind this is just my opinion, it’s by no means hard and fast, in fact some categories are so close it was hard to rank them apart.

Smoothness of the Draw
  1. GeekVape Zeus (Original)
  2. Augvape Intake
  3. Kaees Solomon V2
  4. OBS Engine Nano
  5. Vapefly Horus
The Intake is not far behind the Zeus actually and for anyone out there who has/used the original Zeus knows it’s an unparalleled silky inhale - so I’m impressed with this aspect. On top of this it’s actually pretty quiet as well, no annoying whistling and it’s not hollow for a top airflow.

Restriction on the draw (all fully open on the AFC and 1 being most restricted)
  1. Augvape Intake
  2. Kaees Solomon V2
  3. Vapefly Horus
  4. OBS Engine Nano
  5. GeekVape Zeus (Original)
The intake is a restricted direct lung draw off the bat, there’s no denying that and there’s little you can do to increase it. For some this could be a deal breaker. To give you an idea how tight it is …out of that list the Nano and Zeus are probably the most popular; so the intake fully open is like the Zeus set at half way and the Nano set about a third open. Personally for me its spot on wide open using a 510 drip tip

I’d say this tank is going to suit those who like vaping in the low to mid wattages, if you go crazy with the build and therefore wattage you’ll find it gets warm on the draw quickly due to the reduced airflow availability. I had my coils set between 40w-50W which was ample for a nice warm vape.

Flavour - I’d personally rank them like this all using the same exact coil type and honing their size and positioning to where I found each’s sweet spot
  • Augvape Intake
  • Vapefly Horus
  • OBS Engine Nano
  • GeekVape Zeus (Original)
  • Kaees Solomon V2
The Intake is impressive like I said the flavour is definitely there for a “top airflow”, it sits pretty at the top of my list here to the degree it could pass for a dedicated bottom airflow RTA, and on that front I was also asked to compare it to the mighty flavoured single coil VandyVape Kylin Mini.... well in my opinion the Mini is still more flavourful, but the Intake is much less of a ball ache to use, so I’d say it depends what you are looking for here.

Moistness of the Vape (1 being most moist)
  • Vapefly Hours
  • Kaees Solomon V2
  • OBS Engine Nano
  • Augvape Intake
  • Geekvape Zeus
The intake is toward the drier part of the spectrum on the tongue over some of the others in this list, however I’ve always found this aspect a trade-off, the general rule of thumb is the faster it drinks the more moist the vape, so depends on what you are after here the intake and Zeus are similar in this category.

Finally to wrap this section up the Intake is leak free and wicks really well, except to say I noticed a little bit of spitting after a refill on occasion. To alleviate:- other than wicking being too lose inside the coil, it’s a lot like the other top airflow atomisers in that it’s best not to leave the top cap off for too long, and don’t fill past the top of the glass. When it did spit I found it went away after two or three pulls anyway.

Pro’s
  • Easy build deck and ample space
  • Coils legs stay flat in the posts
  • Quality post screws (hard)
  • Easy to wick
  • Smooth & Quiet draw
  • Great flavour and decent cloud for a top airflow
  • Quick access quarter turn refill
  • Doesn’t get too hot
  • Decent O-rings
  • Spare 810 Drip Tip Included
  • Doesn’t squeeze juice out easily when tightening top cap
  • No leaking
  • Doesn’t guzzle juice too quickly (so ample capacity but does leave it a little drier on the inhale)
Con’s
  • Could be better in quality control in some areas
  • Will spit if you fill right to the top of refill ports (fill in line with top of the glass)
  • Tank does extend out from the base significantly so careful using slim mods
  • [personal] Some people might find it a little too restrictive, I think its bang on
  • It is tricky to clean compared to some out there
  • What’s with the wide bore drip tips and narrow bore chimney?
  • Lip on the post to hold leads in place could have been more pronounced
  • Would like to have seen a marker as to how high you can position the coil
DA97733D-2627-4D52-BA7C-BF2C4D9175F6.jpeg

Final Conclusion

I love the direction Mike is taking at the moment; moving away from safe, airy, clouds first products. The bits I’ve picked up on as cons are tweaking areas mainly, so I don’t want to give you the impression these outweigh the positives because they really don’t.

For my personal tastes this top airflow RTA offers all the things I enjoy, as such I have placed it right at the top of my single coil, top airflow list. There is a “but” though…I do think some out there will struggle with restriction on the draw, however if you vape similar to me or don’t mind how I described in the review you’ll get on with it just fine.

Overall it’s nice to finish on a really positive note, it feels like it’s been a while since I’ve been able to do that. Of course there are some minor areas for improvement but overall top job Mike & Augvape; it’s a great RTA.

Thank you for reading my epically long review. I hope you find the information useful, until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Most of us on VU have a problem of your sort, it's okay :teehee:

Question about airflow- is it smooth? Is it noisy?

I tried to describe that best I could in the how’s it vape section of the review comparing it to others out there ... it’s not far behind the Zeus I found it to be both pretty smooth and not too noisy, I think it’s well balanced in this regard

Put it this way I’m ocd with whistly or annoying draws and it’s wasn’t setting any alarms off :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Fantastic review. Thanks for the time and effort in all your reviews.

Thanks mate, I very much appreciated that :cheers: I severely cut back on what I take on so I can continue doing them like this (I know it’s not to everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoy it)... had a long soul search about it all because it was getting me down earlier in the year... in terms of trying to do too much, I didn’t want to end up knocking reviews out inside a week/2 weeks and it was heading that way if I carried on.... it just takes away the fun and I can’t do it justice if it just becomes a conveyor belt

Think I have a good balance at the moment its much more managable

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Thanks mate, I very much appreciated that :cheers: I severely cut back on what I take on so I can continue doing them like this (I know it’s not to everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoy it)... had a long soul search about it all because it was getting me down earlier in the year... in terms of trying to do too much, I didn’t want to end up knocking reviews out inside a week/2 weeks and it was heading that way if I carried on.... it just takes away the fun and I can’t do it justice if it just becomes a conveyor belt

Think I have a good balance at the moment its much more managable
Great that your getting your time managed. Not easy to do sometimes. Scheduling seems to be the hardest part of most things.
In this way, the professionalism in your work really shines.

Now hurry up and review that C4 (j/k):giggle::giggle:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Fantastic work in your review kingpin! Thank you for the airflow comparisons with other top airflow rtas. Your review is easily the most informative and comparative that I've seen on the intake. Very well thought out! :vino:

Thank you kind sir ...tell you what trying to nail down that post screw was a mission...took me a day of researching to find a screw that comes close but managed to find one on aliexpress that’s titanium and it looks like it’s an exact match :stars:

Titanium screw I found was here

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I've been using my Intake 3 days now and have become increasingly fond of it. My 3mm tri core alien looks to be smidge higher than yours (going to lower it to match your pic). My wicking is different; used rayon and cut tails so they are barely visible below the wick port ring/cage. I combed less than usual and cut flush then clipped a bit off the sides. Fills the port but has plenty of wiggle room. Wick is keeping up beautifully with max vg. Will try your technique when I switch juices to see how it does with a tart fruit vape (toffee ice cream loaded up now. Love the af and despise the dt. Playing with several dts searching for that sweet spot. Finally put a nip on it until some that I had previously ordered come in. My thread are fairly smooth and af ring didn't come off when I cleaned the tank so it's good to know it probably will at some point. Glad I didn't have to chase it down already.:teehee:

As always an interesting read full of info. I like it when you get wordy, good useful goodies just pour out.:blowkiss:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thank you kind sir ...tell you what trying to nail down that post screw was a mission...took me a day of researching to find a screw that comes close but managed to find one on aliexpress that’s titanium and it looks like it’s an exact match :stars:

The post screw is the same size as either the Nano or Zeus; I know this because I have baggies for both and one of the baggies are 2.5 x 4. I'll look them up and see which is which.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

It's the Zeus hex screws I have and the Nanos use 2.5 x 3.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You must really like this rta to do an entire day of researching to find proper post screws for it. :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I've been using my Intake 3 days now and have become increasingly fond of it. My 3mm tri core alien looks to be smidge higher than yours (going to lower it to match your pic). My wicking is different; used rayon and cut tails so they are barely visible below the wick port ring/cage. I combed less than usual and cut flush then clipped a bit off the sides. Fills the port but has plenty of wiggle room. Wick is keeping up beautifully with max vg. Will try your technique when I switch juices to see how it does with a tart fruit vape (toffee ice cream loaded up now. Love the af and despise the dt. Playing with several dts searching for that sweet spot. Finally put a nip on it until some that I had previously ordered come in. My thread are fairly smooth and af ring didn't come off when I cleaned the tank so it's good to know it probably will at some point. Glad I didn't have to chase it down already.:teehee:

As always an interesting read full of info. I like it when you get wordy, good useful goodies just pour out.:blowkiss:

:blowkiss: :teehee: Thanks Letitia, and for the chats when I was going off the rails earlier in the year ;)

I found it forgiving on the wicking side as long as it’s not over stuffed just like you described as well, there’s going to be multiple styles available for this one and it didn’t seem to be a pain in the ass changing diameters either (happy days!)... just thought I’d change it up a little and show a different way to how Mike did it
:bingo:

Dammit now you mention it ....out of all that lot I forgot to say I prefer fruity juices on this one as apposed to the bakery flavours seems to handle them a bit better.

It's the Zeus hex screws I have and the Nanos use 2.5 x 3.

It matches the Zeus Hex screws you mean? That could be a good alternative to slightly recess them into the post

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You must really like this rta to do an entire day of researching to find proper post screws for it. :D

I do like it mate it’s one of those “once a quarter” products I was talking about hehe now we’ll see this concept incoperated and small gains for a while I expect :teehee:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Dammit now you mention it ....out of all that lot I forgot to say I prefer fruity juices on this one as apposed to the bakery flavours seems to handle them a bit better.
Forget it, wrong atty/coils. Asked mjag about better for fruit or desserts concerning the Fireluke double mesh coils and he sad fruits. BTW those coils are tasty juice guzzling monsters. I've got one in my OG Fireluke. Dropped the nic down to 3mg and can still only hit it a couple times a day.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Forget it, wrong atty/coils. Asked mjag about better for fruit or desserts concerning the Fireluke double mesh coils and he sad fruits. BTW those coils are tasty juice guzzling monsters. I've got one in my OG Fireluke. Dropped the nic down to 3mg and can still only hit it a couple times a day.

I tried mesh coils on the melo tank and it kinda put me of them to try again ...do you what it was, lack of fade, one minute your thinking this is nice then wham out of nowhere you get the worst hit thinkable the type that turns your lungs inside out haha

Did you experience that?

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do like it mate it’s one of those “once a quarter” products I was talking about hehe now we’ll see this concept incoperated and small gains for a while I expect :teehee:
I remember you mentioning once or twice. ;)

Uhg, I was trying to move away from rtas but this might have to be the last one. Lol, yeah "last one" until the engine nano v2 comes out. :headbang:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I remember you mentioning once or twice. ;)

Uhg, I was trying to move away from rtas but this might have to be the last one. Lol, yeah "last one" until the engine nano v2 comes out. :headbang:
I think once I get the Intake dialed in to my preferences it will be equal to the Nano and better than for sweet desserts.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Now that’s an endorsement :eek:! You love the Nanos... I mean you do own half thier inventory :D
Shhh don't let the kids hear you, they'll think I don't still love them.:D I do believe I will love this rta at least as much and will pickup a couple more for coffee and desserts. I wish I had that many Nanos, I do love them. Hate to admit it but the Intake is much easier to wick and hoping to get as juicy vape out of it as the Nanos. It wicks beautifully but something is missing, maybe drier as you mentioned, but can't put my finger on what's not quite right yet. Hell took me 2+ weeks to get close to dialing in the Nanos so I'm not worried. Will try KGD and your method next on the same coil. Ordered COTN threads today along with the DPro Mini. I have been blessed in that a sweet generous soul has gifted me a Therion bf 75C. He wasn't using it much and knew I love my Therions. I am quite surprised how excited I am to give it a go. Also ordered a Recurve.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
LoL I won’t say another word in front of the kids :giggle:

I think it’s going to be a challenge to eradicate the dry nature of the tongue hit on the intake without other areas being affected ...I’ll definitely be interested to learn if you crack it though cause I’ll want to use the same method as well
:vino:

Woah now that is a nice gift from that sweet generous soul very nice indeed, that’s some decent hardware right there ...stick a nip tip on the recurve bet you’ll love it, in fact I gotta review that next or one after next anyway...I got the 22mm caps coming to test those on it so waiting for those first ...I’ve been using the stock RDA now for a few months

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think once I get the Intake dialed in to my preferences it will be equal to the Nano and better than for sweet desserts.
That's impressive Letitia! I know the nano delivers fantastic flavor with fruits when properly set up and actually too sweet for me with some juices. I'll have to think about the intake. Curious how the intake will do with tobaccos, that's where the nanos lack for me. If the intake can do tobaccos well then I'd probably have to add it to the arsenal... not that I need another rta. :teehee:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
LoL I won’t say another word in front of the kids :giggle:

I think it’s going to be a challenge to eradicate the dry nature of the tongue hit on the intake without other areas being affected ...I’ll definitely be interested to learn if you crack it though cause I’ll want to use the same method as well
:vino:

Woah now that is a nice gift from that sweet generous soul very nice indeed, that’s some decent hardware right there ...stick a nip tip on the recurve bet you’ll love it, in fact I gotta review that next or one after next anyway...I got the 22mm caps coming to test those on it so waiting for those first ...I’ve been using the stock RDA now for a few months
I almost ordered the cap but figured if I love the 22 dpro i can pick up the recurve cap. I might like having the variety. I like the Gorge but do not like to wick it, thinking I won't like wicking the dpro either but betting the flavor will make it worth my while.

I'll have the juice in the Intake vaped up tomorrow and after a rinse going for a fruit. I have switched the dt again. Have the crius 2 single tip on it now. It is a bit better than the nip (I'll save that nip for the recurve but not sure I'll like the black on the gunmetal).

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
That's impressive Letitia! I know the nano delivers fantastic flavor with fruits when properly set up and actually too sweet for me with some juices. I'll have to think about the intake. Curious how the intake will do with tobaccos, that's where the nanos lack for me. If the intake can do tobaccos well then I'd probably have to add it to the arsenal... not that I need another rta. :teehee:
The only tobacco I use is the Purilum ST and then only occasionally for a day or two. I just don't like dessert or nutty vapes in the nanos, never have and generally use a dual or drop in for those. Have to say that even with 810 dt (not the included) the toffee ice cream is pretty tasty. Would be way too sweet in the nano or probably the crius.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I almost ordered the cap but figured if I love the 22 dpro i can pick up the recurve cap. I might like having the variety. I like the Gorge but do not like to wick it, thinking I won't like wicking the dpro either but betting the flavor will make it worth my while.

I'll have the juice in the Intake vaped up tomorrow and after a rinse going for a fruit. I have switched the dt again. Have the crius 2 single tip on it now. It is a bit better than the nip (I'll save that nip for the recurve but not sure I'll like the black on the gunmetal).

That red one was comfy to use ...think I paid about 3 bucks for it on fastech

Have you got the Merlin? I use the the Augvape Merlin Drip tip on the recurve it’s perfect ...they sell them on fastech as well (but it’s a lucky dip with the colours)

The Gorge is going to be a good bench test for the recurve in fact I’m going to get mine out and try it as well cause it’s lovely flavour plus I’ve not used it in a while ... I reckon they’ll sit in roughly the same camps

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

RY4 was a bit more backgroundish mate that’s the only tobacco flavour I own and its not really a tobacco though it’s more caramel and it wasn’t overly sweet like some I’ve tried it on ...handles the fruities better IMO

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
That red one was comfy to use ...think I paid about 3 bucks for it on fastech

Have you got the Merlin? I use the the Augvape Merlin Drip tip on the recurve it’s perfect ...they sell them on fastech as well (but it’s a lucky dip with the colours)

The Gorge is going to be a good bench test for the recurve in fact I’m going to get mine out and try it as well cause it’s lovely flavour plus I’ve not used it in a while ... I reckon they’ll sit in roughly the same camps
Whichever one of the three that looks to be the hardest to over squonk will christen the Therion.:giggle:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
RY4 was a bit more backgroundish mate that’s the only tobacco flavour I own and its not really a tobacco though it’s more caramel and it wasn’t overly sweet like some I’ve tried it on ...handles the fruities better IMO
I'll have to google it and see if anyone out there has tried tobaccos in the intake. Most of my flavors now are tobacco because non-tobacco juices weren't satisfying my cravings. ;)

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome review KingPin! I love mine! (Note the frosted clear drip tip from my Pharaoh Mini RTA) Didn't care for the original tips!
c5c023dbefab04011fea2a6e182e5722.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Cool coloring on the juice bubbles!
Love your work man!

Thanks very much matey :cheers: it’s a guilty pleasure that juice I’m using and it’s colouring, but the flavour is something else haha, I buy the concentrate from Vampire Vapes “Heisenberg” and mix it at 15%

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Awesome review KingPin! I love mine! (Note the frosted clear drip tip from my Pharaoh Mini RTA) Didn't care for the original tips!
c5c023dbefab04011fea2a6e182e5722.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks very much matey :cheers: that drip tip looks like it was made for the intake! Great matchy skills ...wanna see what kind of build you used for this cause I love your work mate

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I know heaven gifts always applies AHG15 (15% discount) across its range from other stuff I’ve done for them in the past ...for some reason you have to log in to see thier discounted prices on things? ...I assume it’ll be the same on this as well though that’ll take it to where vape fan posted earlier, something to bear in mind for bargain bucket stuff perhaps :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I know heaven gifts always applies AHG15 (15% discount) across its range from other stuff I’ve done for them in the past ...for some reason you have to log in to see thier discounted prices on things? ...I assume it’ll be the same on this as well though that’ll take it to where vape fan posted earlier, something to bear in mind for bargain bucket stuff perhaps :)
Changed the wick yesterday and tried your arrow thing. Kept the tails short and can barely see the tip below the port bar. Honestly can't tell a difference between the two styles or KGD vs rayon. Both work, you were right that it shines with fruits. I'm enjoying the rta quite a bit.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
COTN threads and rdas came in yesterday, looking forward to giving them a go. Will wick one Nano, the Intake, and 1 rda with them to see if they are worth the cost and convenience.

VU Sponsors