Become a Patron!

Augvape Intake RTA review by KingPin! (inc. wicking guide)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
LMAO yes those are the ones. Glad to know I need to wear my bung face to use them, thanks.:D

Bahahahaha :giggle: trying to picture that now!

Speaking of shoe lace thingies ...Vapefly sent me a packet of some new cotton they are launching feels like it’s got them things in it ...supposed to be using it with the Core RTA they are sending ....shall see how that goes ....I’m really picky about cotton, if it’s shit I won’t be using it end of story

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Bahahahaha :giggle: trying to picture that now!

Speaking of shoe lace thingies ...Vapefly sent me a packet of some new cotton they are launching feels like it’s got them things in it ...supposed to be using it with the Core RTA they are sending ....shall see how that goes ....I’m really picky about cotton, if it’s shit I won’t be using it end of story
I like trying new wicking on occasion. Easier and cheaper than trying to dial in a new atty.:)

Tell me what you're picturing...been trying to decide what a bung face is.:huh:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
:hug:

This one was insane though Meg ...I think I have a problem :confused::giggle: over 3,500k words for a tank! ... i loves it I do
Now you know how I feel. Do I want to write so much all the time, that it nearly equals a damn novel? Nope but in most cases it can't be explained in 3-20 sentences, and that's not just review related lol.

thank you for the review and comparison to the other tanks, specially the KM, I knew I could trust your opinion. I didn't even realize it has been close to a month, hence I missed the posting lol. Please keep doing these kind of reviews, I very much appreciate it.. :hug:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like trying new wicking on occasion. Easier and cheaper than trying to dial in a new atty.:)

Tell me what you're picturing...been trying to decide what a bung face is.:huh:

oh shit quick bung it in ...:giggle:

00c250957dd6313397b821c47de4a1c4.gif

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Now you know how I feel. Do I want to write so much all the time, that it nearly equals a damn novel? Nope but in most cases it can't be explained in 3-20 sentences, and that's not just review related lol.

thank you for the review and comparison to the other tanks, specially the KM, I knew I could trust your opinion. I didn't even realize it has been close to a month, hence I missed the posting lol. Please keep doing these kind of reviews, I very much appreciate it.. :hug:

We just like to embellish a bit storm no harm in that :vino:

No problem at all and thank you very much :hug: :blowkiss:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 116716 All setup with a Ni80 Fused Clapton 3mm i.d. .36 ohms. I just set it up so the jury’s still out on the flavor compared to the Kylin Mini. But looky a “Black” driptip with pearlescent on top.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts hearts :vino:

Oh by the way @Letitia9 earlier when you mentioned the bung thing I miss read your post with face part haha was the “act of” i was thinking of

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Look forward to hearing your thoughts hearts :vino:

Oh by the way @Letitia9 earlier when you mentioned the bung thing I miss read your post with face part haha was the “act of” i was thinking of
Love a man with naughty thoughts.:D

So guy next door says he is is getting much better flavor raising the coil so it sits closer to the chimney. I have serious doubts. Did you try a high coil?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Love a man with naughty thoughts.:D

So guy next door says he is is getting much better flavor raising the coil so it sits closer to the chimney. I have serious doubts. Did you try a high coil?

:devil: What can I say we are a weak species with two brains ...sadly the other one does most of the thinking ...what’s that in my back ...sorry I tried to argue but he made me do it love

I did and preffered it lower personally only because I believe there isn’t the amount of force on the draw for airflow to get around the coil when it’s higher unlike say the crius 2 dual coil where its better with a bit of distance

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy to report I raised my 3mm Fused Clapton, the top of the coil is 2 or 3 hairs :Dlower than the post screws & the flavor has improved quite noticeably. Boy am I surprised :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That will affect things sure or perhaps it’s just one of those things depending on how hard you draw as well.

Having said that I liked how you positioned the coil on the Zesthia it’s spot on there, so could be you have found the sweet spot for it over the guide I showed.
:vino:

I did try the coil up there and preffered it lower personally on this one (there’s not much in it though 1mm or 2 adjustment at the most)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
533B8702-8C46-4DCC-B430-9D9C36CD3F10.jpeg
That will affect things sure or perhaps it’s just one of those things depending on how hard you draw as well.

Having said that I liked how you positioned the coil on the Zesthia it’s spot on there, so could be you have found the sweet spot for it over the guide I showed.
:vino:

I did try the coil up there and preffered it lower personally on this one (there’s not much in it though 1mm or 2 adjustment at the most)
It looks like this. Excuse the dark wick, its my juice.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So raised the coil a bit and pleasantly surprised to find the flavor good. Couldn't use the COTN after that but using it in two Nanos and the Recurve and I'm impressed. This wick is great. Keeps up with max vg and needs no fiddling. I'm getting two wicks from each piece in my current attys. No spitting or gurgling, I love this wick material. Doubt that I will continue to use it in the rda but wanted to give it a go. Perfect for the Nano and much easier than rayon to use, actually easier than KGD as well.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So raised the coil a bit and pleasantly surprised to find the flavor good. Couldn't use the COTN after that but using it in two Nanos and the Recurve and I'm impressed. This wick is great. Keeps up with max vg and needs no fiddling. I'm getting two wicks from each piece in my current attys. No spitting or gurgling, I love this wick material. Doubt that I will continue to use it in the rda but wanted to give it a go. Perfect for the Nano and much easier than rayon to use, actually easier than KGD as well.

Does it need trimming and raking much?

Would you say you prefer the coil higher as well?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Does it need trimming and raking much?

Would you say you prefer the coil higher as well?
Wick only needs a comb if you are working with a tight space for tucking. For the Nano I usually trim one side and leave the other with all types of wick. The cotter itself needs no combing, I just cut to length and tuck in rda.

Coil height honestly I find one as good as the other pretty much. I do like that the vapor is a touch cooler with wick higher. My coil didn't go very high tho. Didn't want to switch coils entirely. I did change from a fruit to a coffee so honestly not a fair comparison other than warmth. I take terrible build pictures but both of these are after raising the coil.
20180802_173905-1.jpg 20180802_173520-1.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I find with the Intake I have to change dt if switching from fruit to sweeter juices. 810 for sweets and coffee, rl 510 for fruits.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Wow, great review @KingPin! and your pics are phenomenal :tunez:

Thanks very much matey :cheers: summers nearly over now my garden is like scorched earth with the heatwave ... so no more outside pics :( boooo

Suppose I could put it on dead grass or something ...that’ll do...after all its the thought that counts lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks very much matey :cheers: summers nearly over now my garden is like scorched earth with the heatwave ... so no more outside pics :( boooo

Suppose I could put it on dead grass or something ...that’ll do...after all its the thought that counts lol
I hear ya, same here so like to limit my exposure to the scorching sun as much as possible, this summer has been brutal. Your pics are just gravy though bud, very impressive, the whole review overall

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I bet you can build/wick thin air, you're just that talented.

Haha well I was waiting for a please ...guess it came out wrong :oops: didn’t mean to sound like a jackass my apologies

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Haha well I was waiting for a please ...guess it came out wrong :oops: didn’t mean to sound like a jackass my apologies
You in no way sounded like a jackass. Nothing for you to apologize for dear man, if my meager attempt at humor made you feel that way I apologize. :hug:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You in no way sounded like a jackass. Nothing for you to apologize for dear man, if my meager attempt at humor made you feel that way I apologize. :hug:

:blowkiss: Hahaha crossed wires ... I can’t so much do air wicking, ...air guitar though, now your talkin!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
:blowkiss: Hahaha crossed wires ... I can’t so much do air wicking, ...air guitar though, now your talkin!
Of that I have no doubt. Bought another Intake, I sense I might end up having a couple more before it's over.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Not yet. Nothing gets junkie status until I have 4.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm late for the party as usual, but awesome writeup my friend! I need a leak-proof rta for my paranormal and I've been looking seriously at the intake. How would you say the airflow compares to the reload?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm late for the party as usual, but awesome writeup my friend! I need a leak-proof rta for my paranormal and I've been looking seriously at the intake. How would you say the airflow compares to the reload?

Thanks very much matey :cheers: ...it’s a little more restricted than the reload, if you set the AFC on the reload to just under half way open, that will be similar to what the intake is like wide open

It’s smoother on the draw than the reload I think

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks very much matey :cheers: ...it’s a little more restricted than the reload, if you set the AFC on the reload to just under half way open, that will be similar to what the intake is like wide open

It’s smoother on the draw than the reload I think

Ok. Thanks. I could probably learn to live with it but I'd have to go back up to 6mg juice to compensate. :) I'd use my reload on the paranormal but I don't want the kevlar to get soaked with juice from condensation.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok. Thanks. I could probably learn to live with it but I'd have to go back up to 6mg juice to compensate. :) I'd use my reload on the paranormal but I don't want the kevlar to get soaked with juice from condensation.

I’d say if you think you will struggle with the draw and want something easy to wick mate have a look at the Themis from digiflavour (dual coil) or Horus from Vapefly (single coil) ...both of these offer a loser draw

The Zeus is a little more tricky to master mate with one hand but the draw is silky smooth

I reviewed all of these somewhere else if you wanted to check them out (I’ll come back and post the link for you in a sec)

Edit: heres the review buckle up it’s a biggun!

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...us-horus-rta-triple-review-by-kingpin.408211/

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@KingPin! can you do a coiiling/wicking guide for the reload RTA + the galaxies rta MTL ?

Here you go mate just for you (promised I’d do it) ...My Reload RTA Wicking guide

Part 1 of 2

Pre notes: I’m using cotton bacon V2, my juice is 75/25 (VG/PG ratio). I use the Scottish roll method (google that and watch the video)

Step 1 - coil positioning

Placement is key on the reload, I use 3mm ID coils and pull them out so they hug the airflow (like so from above)
8BAABD5A-053E-4E56-AD82-B119CD1E08EC.jpeg
Like so from the front (notice the are quite low to the deck in these two pics below...but high enough for air to get around the coil nicely)
264D10ED-58C4-4762-A9D7-76C667ED75BB.jpeg
F63D7CBC-E54B-451C-B77C-5962A193A6A0.jpeg

Step 2 - you should have torn a strip of cotton off and rolled up the cotton at this point, it’s a feel thing here, as you pull the cotton through it should be tight but not so tight it pulls the coil out of position.

You can use a single piece to wick both just loop it round (this ensures consistency in your wicking density through both coils) ...when you’re done just snip the joining peice. Make sure to leave enough at the loop end to go to the next stage

A2244E84-F031-47B2-BBDF-F6491B117039.jpeg

Step 3 - the cotton will have been thick at this point, the wells are fairly tight on the Reload so you will need to rake the ends. Make sure to comb it through from all directions until the cotton feels like it combing through in the same direction (it’s best to use something with a sharp point for this bit)

You’ll end up with a fluffy mess like so

93772FCA-D6D8-4541-9B1F-12DCFC48F1E7.jpeg

Step 4 - now to measure where to cut.....notice my green arrow below (theres a lip here at the bottom of the threading) you need to push the cotton down against it to form a line ....this is your cut mark. Simply straight cut along that line 1220F1E9-831E-4B03-BCB3-FA56DDE98818.jpeg

You should end up with this

8CFEB195-6869-47F1-B74F-555234700B99.jpeg
C5138D32-A852-4E26-9BC0-C4DE1E01317C.jpeg

Go to part 2 below.....

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Part 2 of my Reload RTA wicking guide

Step 5 - time to start putting the wicks in the well. How I cut the cotton means there will be barely any showing in the inlet (green circle below), instead nearly all of it sits just above this behind the threads. Because you raked a fair bit of material away earlier it should make it easier to plug the well in two halves fairly easily (see my blue line for the mid way mark). I’ve already fed one side down for this pic below.

D1597D86-DDE8-4910-88DF-DADB792DAB74.jpeg

When feeding the wick in; start from the bottom of the cotton and push it all the way down each pass, this will pull more cotton in as you go...keep going until it looks like my cotton on the left side.

The cotton should not be feeling really tight in the well when you’re done feeding it all in (if it does pull it back out and go back to the earlier raking step to rinse and repeat.

A731AB08-DD3D-4C6F-8D78-5ED77D92FC41.jpeg

Step 6 - check your work. I like leaving the area neat and tidy, this means when you done moving the wick it should sit nicely over the raised post block (blue square). The other critical area to watch out for is making sure you haven’t left gaps at the sides (green arrow)

9643EB3C-75E9-4A3A-8DDD-70758049807C.jpeg

When your done the cotton should be filling the well up from all angles, not be too tight (rather a fluffy plug)
7386564E-D8E6-4025-8055-EC3186ECDC57.jpeg

Also you won’t see much cotton sitting in the juice inlet

A13CACF9-F463-453F-AFED-EC14AD05B7F5.jpeg

Step 7 - juice up the cotton ...if it looks like this after you juiced it (not the colour rather the way it swelled) you are good to go! ..notice I have removed any cotton from the threading carefully sculpting...you don’t want to undo your hard work because of anything hanging over the threads

24DDE921-596E-4CC5-89D4-3C4CCA001720.jpeg

Step 8 - put the top back on, reverse thread it just to make sure it’s not snagged any cotton in the threads, then screw it down...if it feels scratchy you have cotton in the threads...stop remove the cap just to check and sort the problem out before trying again

Once the chamber/tank is secured back on fill the tank a quarter way just to check it’s wicking ok. If you did everything right you’ll be chain vaping the whole tank no issues.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors