Become a Patron!

Augvape Merlin Mini Juice Control ?

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Iv just wicked up my Merlin Mini for the first time and it seems great but I’m a bit confused by the juice holes. Iv researched this on Google and there seems to be different opinions about the juice control so I wanted to see what people who had been using this RTA for a while did.
Iv been using the Ammit 25 for a couple of months and although the Merlin Mini is similar I’m used to closing the juice holes when I fill and then whacking them wide open again after. The MM however is strange as when you tighten the base the default position for these holes is completely closed off. To open them you simply loosen the tank a little however it seems a loose and moves a little to freely, almost as if it is not supposed to be open in this position. Iv read from other posts that you just tighten it up and vape away without worrying about the holes and that it will wick perfectly without being open.
I use a 70/30 juice and the single coil deck if this makes a difference.
Thanks guys!

*update*
So, after using for a couple hours at around 44w I am noticing my hits getting a little dry with the juice holes shut. Iv opened them up but if I put it in my pocket I find it moves and I have to adjust it again slightly. What is everyone else’s experience with this and why do so many reviews say that you can leave them closed?
Great tank, this is my only real gripe!

Sent from my Apple Newton using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There isn’t any juice flow control on the Merlin mini. The holes you see are to allow juice to go to the wick. You want to tighten the bottom all the way and it doesn’t matter if u can’t see the holes.

I can’t see the holes on mine, I vape at least 80vg/20pg juice around 80 watts and never get dry hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There isn’t any juice flow control on the Merlin mini. The holes you see are to allow juice to go to the wick. You want to tighten the bottom all the way and it doesn’t matter if u can’t see the holes.

I can’t see the holes on mine, I vape at least 80vg/20pg juice around 80 watts and never get dry hits.

Thanks for the reply. This is what I don’t understand, if I don’t loosen the tank to leave the holes open I start getting dry hits after 2-3 pulls. With them open it simply does not happen.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply. This is what I don’t understand, if I don’t loosen the tank to leave the holes open I start getting dry hits after 2-3 pulls. With them open it simply does not happen.

You might have too much cotton in the coils.

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You might have too much cotton in the coils.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. I’m used to the Ammit 25 and the enormous amount of wicking it requires so I could possibly be overwicking. Definitely a possibility.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bit off topic, one of the posts in my merlin mini single coil deck is wiggling a bit causing the ohms and wattage to move around so that it's not performing as it should, any idea where to buy a single coil deck for this tank?

VU Sponsors