KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

I bet there’s a lot of manufacturers out there that wish they didn’t have to include all of the modes we see on regulated devices nowadays. Let’s face it there’s a lot out there that still play the game and end up doing a half ass job of it, so why bother in the first place? This must have been what Augvape decided with the V200 ….stick to the basics, cater for the large proportion of vapers who couldn’t care less about temperature control or wattage curves.

Augvape aren’t really known for their mods, whilst they have released several to date this is their attempt at a high powered device. They kindly sent me one for the once over. I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews rather I will present you with my findings should you be interested in the product.

1C2FFFE7-6969-4634-8560-B0F973C53193.jpeg

Manufacturer Specifications:
  • Dimensions: 87.5mm x 45mm x 29.2mm
  • 5 to 200W Output Range
  • 0.05 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
  • Modes: Bypass Mode, VMode (Responsive power mode), Normal (power mode)
  • 0.96 Inch OLED Display
  • Construction: Zinc Alloy
  • Oversize Hidden Firing Button and Rotating Button
  • In Built Protections
  • On-Board Charging: 1.2A
  • Takes Dual 18650 batteries
  • Gold plated 510 pin (Stainless steel plate)
  • Weight: 164g
What’s in the box?
  • ·Augvape V200 Box Mod
  • USB Charging Cable
  • User Manual
Available Colours: Red, Black, White
Product Info:
http://www.augvape.com/product/v200mod/

Impressions and build quality

Well if you’re a petrol head this could be the one for you, styled on the Honda V-TEC B18C engine. I happen to love Honda and Japanese cars in general, in fact both the wife and I own them! So yep this one peeked my interest as soon as I saw early pictures out there …damn I hope they do the Nissan GTR next, my mate at work has one (it’s a little bit naughty). But I’m not here to rattle on about cars let talk about this mod.

So the mod features a massive 0.268 horsepower! Or rather 200 Watts, good to see it’s not overstated on paper like some claims out there for a dual 18650’s. Good god I hope I never have to vape a whole horse of power, A Shetland “my little pony” is more like it ……120w is where I dare to venture for the most part.

The mod is fairly tall but it’s really narrow for a dual 18650, ok it’s not quite Squid Industry “Double Barrel” tiny...but it’s definitely one of the smaller regulated box mods out there. The space inside is tight as well, in fact batteries will only just fit in the bays. If you happen to have a sticker on top of the wrap you could well find the battery sticks when everything has warmed up inside. I had it happen to me, so I’ve avoided using any cell with a rating sticker since. The only area that does bother me is the lack of obvious venting with these tight battery trays.

4E8FB30C-0E94-4895-9732-9E2EA4A7DF35.jpeg 935D2719-018E-4CA4-A8B4-5A60FC5D2F41.jpeg

The paintwork is really nice although chips are going to be an issue for it especially along the seam where the two case parts fit together.

Despite the seams and craziness going on around the edges the mod is actually comfortable to hold if you are a left handed vaper. Sadly if you are right handed you won’t get the same comfortable experience since that oil cap (wattage and mode adjustment dial) digs into your hand. Augvape got a little too carried away with styling on the engine here, I think they should have moved it in slightly. In actual fact this could also be a weak point in terms of accidental drops.

The oil cap, or wattage dial rotates slightly, simply hold it up or down to adjust or cycle through modes. I found wattage changes to be fairly slow on the V200. Additionally when you load a new atomiser it always restarts the wattage from 10 which is a little bit annoying, although I understand why it was done (to avoid burning the coil out after swaps).

The gold plated 510 positive pin is spring loaded and has plenty of throw to it, so seating atomisers flush with the plate was fine.

53FA4D5D-D934-49A1-AF65-1D1E626E79C8.jpeg

The 510 plate is large seating up to 26mm atomisers, if you don’t care about a gap the mod will seat up to 30mm without an obvious overhang. Its centre mounted and works well with the position of the fire button.
FCFB0BA8-64D6-4403-8007-37D12A16A837.jpeg
I took the mod apart to see what was going on underneath. It’s a super clean assembly inside with lovely soldering work on the contacts. There is a secondary plate inside the housing which extends to secure everything in place so I can’t see the 510 popping off anytime soon.

67D459CA-E0E7-4CAD-880C-C45558F27A78.jpeg 88500EBF-C0A1-4694-9848-84ACCFAEDA91.jpeg EE1B9C38-5F89-4B1A-89ED-0A4710F43F63.jpeg

It read resistances accurately throughout my testing.

The fire button itself is integrated into the top of the screen, it’s not a crappy touchscreen Jobby though, as you press it the button clicks so the screen flexes which adds to the overall styling of the mod.

There is no rattling on this mod, to be honest though there’s not much that can rattle since everything has been integrated into the mod.

The mod is fairly weighty with the solid zinc alloy construction, loaded with 2 batteries it came to 260g (or 164 out of the box).

The screen is a little too dark for my liking, with the black screen protector it needs to shine through more in daylight. The screen comes with all of the standard information you would expect to see (Voltage output, Wattage Output, Mode, Resistance, Puff time, Battery life indicators)

1212A0F4-1483-45E3-8888-349C74C9CABD.jpeg

The battery door closes ok and stays put, however unlike other doors with bottom entry this has a single catch system. I would like to have seen this designed as a slide and hold (like the Joytech Espion for instance) so it’s less prone to wear and tear on that single piece.

B088BF57-FF4F-4BDF-8E69-DE59D88D8C1D.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Modes and Usage

There’s very little to this device in fact everything’s short and sweet, even when you turn off the device you get a simple “System off Bye!” Like it’s pissed off at you for no longer using it (makes me chuckle every time I see it)

5 clicks on or off & 3 clicks to open up mode options, use the dial to cycle through Normal, VMode or Bypass

That’s your lot! Hang on though remember I said about Augvape sticking to the basics… this thing does not slack when it comes to power modes that VMode in particular is pretty responsive, noticeably more so than Normal mode in the low to medium wattage ranges up to 120W. I felt this outperformed the Joytech Espion I recently reviewed using both side by side at the same wattages (and that was decent itself), it also starts firing “almost” as quickly as the Vaptio Wall Crawler which is pretty much instant.

You know how some mods have a hard setting where it initially boost the output then you notice it back off a little …..VMode isn’t like that it boosts then maintains an unnoticeable smooth profile thereafter. The experience is a little like a very minor turbo lag (0.2 seconds) next bang I’m at wattage.

Normal mode is not noticeably different to other decent power mods out there.

I tend to shy away from Bypass modes on regulated mods. Bypass mode just hits with whatever voltage you have left in the battery (coil resistance dependant) bypassing the regulator to simulate a mechanical mod. I was running a chunky set of coils on the VLS RDA and its ramps up bloody quickly with a 0.36 ohm build. I probably need to raise the resistance a little in all honesty to use this mode comfortably on a series mod.

Charging and Discharging

I noted a low cut off at 2.98V whilst using this mod so battery life a plenty. Although the battery gauges seem to go down at different rates initially by the end I recorded a balanced discharge with a 0.01V variance.

Charging took 5 hours using Samsung 30Q’s (3000mAh) this is a pretty long cycle period these days, however slower is better and the cycle finished off both batteries exactly at 4.16V. The mod warmed but nothing I would consider worrying.

All in all I felt the V200 did a good job with charging and discharging

I also noted it’s possible to vape whilst charging as well, the charge pauses whilst you take a puff then continues.

Pro’s
  • Cracking integrated design
  • Power mode specifically VMode is excellent
  • Decent Balanced Charging
  • Solid Construction
  • Excellent 510
  • Internals assembly looks really clean and tidy
  • Small for a dual battery box mod
  • Centre mounted 510 will hold 26mm atomiser flush or 30mm with little overhang
  • Good battery life – low cut off
  • Resistance readings are accurate
Cons
  • The wattage/mode control dial should have been pulled in slightly
  • Comfy for left handed vapers only
  • Paint chipping will no doubt be an issue on the seams
  • Battery tray has little margin for extra stickers on top of battery wraps
  • No obvious venting
  • Battery door has a single catch point
  • Battery B seems to drain a little quicker than battery A on screen
Final Conclusion

Ok this mod doesn’t offer anything outside of power mode, for some this might be a deal breaker off the bat. For others out there they might be thinking this is going to one uncomfortable mod to hold and use, if you are right handed yep that dial is noticeable for sure.

Excusing those two things the V200 performs very well, I personally think it’s one of the best looking mods I own but maybe I’m biased on this. There aren’t many crazy things I was able to find wrong with it other than niggly points, it’s simple and I enjoy using it very much.

Here are what it looks like with some of Augvapes other products I’ve picked up along the way

D4BE1D2B-9483-4BB1-BB53-930FFCFC17CE.jpeg 0F103A29-F26C-4B6E-901A-EE3171BC4928.jpeg 8A448A92-6EAE-4B19-9BE0-F051C2D46A83.jpeg 00E15DB3-674F-4D7C-AB9F-4B4D2E4F6756.jpeg

Thank you for reading my review, I hope this information helps...until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors