Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/ne...arettes-to-smoking-ban-in-public-places-.html

"I don't believe anyone should be able to sit in a booth at a restaurant and blow out clouds of smoke with a family sitting next to them. And I have no problem with responsible legislation. I believe that's what this is," said Vapor Austin co-owner Cameron Hophe."

Smoke???

Well there goes Vapor Austin on to my shit list. - 5150

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to agree with the restaurant ban, specifically. I don't want to smell someone's vape while I'm eating. I thought banning cigarettes in restaurants was also a good thing.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have to agree with the restaurant ban, specifically. I don't want to smell someone's vape while I'm eating. I thought banning cigarettes in restaurants was also a good thing.
I totally disagree with any such bans in any privately owned establishment. The law should go no further than to require signage indicating whether smoking or vaping is allowed. If smoking or vaping is allowed in an establishment and you don't care for it, go eat somewhere else.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I totally disagree with any such bans in any privately owned establishment. The law should go no further than to require signage indicating whether smoking or vaping is allowed. If smoking or vaping is allowed in an establishment and you don't care for it, go eat somewhere else.

I agree with this - I would go out a lot more (good for the economy!) if I could relax more after a meal

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I lived in New Braunfels, between Austin and San Antonio. I couldn't stand either, loved New Braunfels. The others are the Democrat center of the state. They are both ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant.

I would never move back to Texas. It isn't all it's cracked up to be except expensive with property tax.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best thing to ever come out of Texas was an empty Greyhound bus.

Leg it :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lived in New Braunfels, between Austin and San Antonio. I couldn't stand either, loved New Braunfels. The others are the Democrat center of the state. They are both ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant.

I would never move back to Texas. It isn't all it's cracked up to be except expensive with property tax.
Austin is full of California transplants and Trustafarians.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tru words..people should be free to choose how to run their own bussiness and lives.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tru words..people should be free to choose how to run their own bussiness and lives.
Depends on the business.
Restaurants and such fine.
But hospitals and such essential service businesses need regulating.

Should the electric company be allowed to deny you service on a whim?
only green painted homes should get electricity?

internet and cell phone service?

on people running their own lives?
Most certainly as long as it does not cause others problems.

Od on drugs for instance and die if you want as long as you do not drive while doing it and endanger others for instance.
I personally think all pillheads should die because of the problems they have caused me in getting medically needed pain meds.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree with this - I would go out a lot more (good for the economy!) if I could relax more after a meal

Exactly right. I very rarely go ANYWHERE that I don't absolutely HAVE TO go, just because of this. In fact, I was far more prone to go out to eat back when I smoked, though I knew I'd have to go outdoors to smoke; that made sense to me. Banning vaping makes NO sense whatsofuckingever; it has NOTHING! ZERO! ZILCH! to do with anyone's health, and EVERYTHING to do with some fucking nanny control-freak NAZI wanting to piss on everyone's parade just for the fucking fun of it. So now I simply don't go out to eat. Food's better at my own house anyway, and I can vape to my heart's content... and my non-smoking/non-vaping spouse DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT HOW MUCH I VAPE.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Depends on the business.
Restaurants and such fine.
But hospitals and such essential service businesses need regulating.

Should the electric company be allowed to deny you service on a whim?
only green painted homes should get electricity?

internet and cell phone service?

on people running their own lives?
Most certainly as long as it does not cause others problems.

Od on drugs for instance and die if you want as long as you do not drive while doing it and endanger others for instance.
I personally think all pillheads should die because of the problems they have caused me in getting medically needed pain meds.

And the methheads should be rounded up and SHOT for causing me so damn much trouble getting goddamn SUDAFED! for my goddamn stuffy nose!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the methheads should be rounded up and SHOT for causing me so damn much trouble getting goddamn SUDAFED! for my goddamn stuffy nose!

Andria
They could be useful for disarming IED's and clearing minefields.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly right. I very rarely go ANYWHERE that I don't absolutely HAVE TO go, just because of this. In fact, I was far more prone to go out to eat back when I smoked, though I knew I'd have to go outdoors to smoke; that made sense to me. Banning vaping makes NO sense whatsofuckingever; it has NOTHING! ZERO! ZILCH! to do with anyone's health, and EVERYTHING to do with some fucking nanny control-freak NAZI wanting to piss on everyone's parade just for the fucking fun of it. So now I simply don't go out to eat. Food's better at my own house anyway, and I can vape to my heart's content... and my non-smoking/non-vaping spouse DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT HOW MUCH I VAPE.

Andria
yep much better at home and my spouse is who got me into vaping in the first place.
Fully supportive of my vaping hobby and she does not smoke or vape.

imho discreet mtl style vaping would be no problem in restaurants and such.
But I am against cloudy vaping in most public places.
health concerns aside it can be annoying and just plain rude the way some vape.
Perhaps a maximum wattage vaping law in public places?

Bars now I see as a different beast.
Whatever the owners allow.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/ne...arettes-to-smoking-ban-in-public-places-.html

"I don't believe anyone should be able to sit in a booth at a restaurant and blow out clouds of smoke with a family sitting next to them. And I have no problem with responsible legislation. I believe that's what this is," said Vapor Austin co-owner Cameron Hophe."

Smoke???

Well there goes Vapor Austin on to my shit list. - 5150
If they're going to ban public vaping, they need to ban use of fog machines in laser light shows at parks and such, at concerts, in nightclubs, etc. And, they need to ban the use of Vick's waterless vaporizers (VapoPads) in daycares, hospitals, etc. VapoPad ingredients: Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Glycol, Cedar Leaf Oil, Rosemary Oil, Camphor, Lavender 40/42, & Others. Has some of the same ingredients and heck, the little kid might be allergic to some of that as well (I'm allergic to rosemary, gives me flu-like aches and pains and makes me congested).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yep much better at home and my spouse is who got me into vaping in the first place.
Fully supportive of my vaping hobby and she does not smoke or vape.

imho discreet mtl style vaping would be no problem in restaurants and such.
But I am against cloudy vaping in most public places.
health concerns aside it can be annoying and just plain rude the way some vape.
Perhaps a maximum wattage vaping law in public places?

Bars now I see as a different beast.
Whatever the owners allow.

GA is completely sane, about smoking in bars: the law is that anywhere that anyone under 18 MIGHT go, no smoking, period. If a place doesn't permit anyone under 18 to ENTER, then smoking is permitted. You do have to be 21 to drink, but you can *enter* a bar at 18 -- but no one under 18 may enter... so smokers in GA, go nuts. I'm just glad I quit drinking before the Smoke Wars started up in earnest -- I have absolutely zero reason and even less desire to enter a bar, so I really don't give a shit whether they allow smoking, vaping, or goat fucking. But I sure as hell wish AA meetings would allow vaping at the very least -- it's NOT smoking.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they're going to ban public vaping, they need to ban use of fog machines in laser light shows at parks and such, at concerts, in nightclubs, etc. And, they need to ban the use of Vick's waterless vaporizers (VapoPads) in daycares, hospitals, etc. VapoPad ingredients: Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Glycol, Cedar Leaf Oil, Rosemary Oil, Camphor, Lavender 40/42, & Others. Has some of the same ingredients and heck, the little kid might be allergic to some of that as well (I'm allergic to rosemary, gives me flu-like aches and pains and makes me congested).
they also need to make the wearing of Patachouli a mandatory death sentence.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GA is completely sane, about smoking in bars: the law is that anywhere that anyone under 18 MIGHT go, no smoking, period. If a place doesn't permit anyone under 18 to ENTER, then smoking is permitted. You do have to be 21 to drink, but you can *enter* a bar at 18 -- but no one under 18 may enter... so smokers in GA, go nuts. I'm just glad I quit drinking before the Smoke Wars started up in earnest -- I have absolutely zero reason and even less desire to enter a bar, so I really don't give a shit whether they allow smoking, vaping, or goat fucking. But I sure as hell wish AA meetings would allow vaping at the very least -- it's NOT smoking.

Andria
Damn Girl you are on the warpath tonight.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I drink very little due to alcohol tasting horrible to me.
wife drinks from time to time and I am the driver :)
Just personally have no desire to go to a bar. well maybe if they have nekkid women :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

had to google that. And I agree.

An annoying stank masking scent (commonly a scented oil) that subliminally causes internal cringing for members of the bathing community

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I drink very little due to alcohol tasting horrible to me.
wife drinks from time to time and I am the driver :)
Just personally have no desire to go to a bar. well maybe if they have nekkid women :)

Hell, I wouldn't mind looking at nekkid people of either persuasion... but having to hang around with stinking smokers who may be intoxicated takes all the fun out of it. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's not like I could do anything about it, I'm too damn old. but you know the old line... "I may not plan to order, but I can still look at the menu!" :giggle:

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

LOL, More then HALF of California would be dead if this became law.

Berkeley would instantly become a ghost town (except for the 2 dozen conservative students)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Problem is that there will always be someone more conservative or liberal.
It never ends.

VU Sponsors