Become a Patron!

authentic mods

bowtieduece

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just got my first true authentic mod. I purchased it on black Friday (175$ shipped) through vaporleaf.com and received it on Monday! The machine work is so smooth I love it! BTW its the golden army panzer by mcv

Attachments

• IMG_20141201_181129.jpg
    IMG_20141201_181129.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 23

TiGs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got my first true authentic mod. I purchased it on black Friday (175$ shipped) through vaporleaf.com and received it on Monday! The machine work is so smooth I love it! BTW its the golden army panzer by mcv

Sweet.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yet another Wizard Box
The "Bounty Hunter"
CpizTAi.png

4Zk249y.png

rEW0BAR.png

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've only been vaping for a few months now. Currently I only have a Fuhattan Clone by Ameravape. I really appreciate this thread being dedicated to authentic mods and I definetly hope to own one in the future. My question is....When you buy the mod, or even a RDA or RTA, etc. how do you know that you are actually buying an authentic and are not being ripped off? It seems like it could be a very easy way for someone to get swindled for some serious cash.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sometimes you just cannae tell. All of my authentics are rare enough not to have been cloned....and are unlikely to be cloned. China chooses what they will clone based on feedback from the users. If a design is wildly popular or sought after...they will most likely clone it. Beyond that...it is strictly caveat emptor.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That makes sense. So where did you come across the different authentics that you own or have seen? Just conventions or something? I know most vape shops that I have been in rarely have an authentic.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have excellent contacts. Due to my refusal to engage in romantic nonsense...I also have a good vape budget lol. People in the community know that I'm a buyer, so they tend to give me intel on things that they know will interest me.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many online retailers have a section dedicated to high end mods and atties.

For example:
http://www.vaporkings.com/High-End-Mods-s/4302.htm Lots of Philippines made products, overall great selection & fair pricing.

Or, just Google a particular item you are interested in, you'll find plenty of retailers to chose from. Problem might be more with finding things in stock, but if you find a website you are unsure of, you can post it here and I'm sure members can help you out.

Heres a nice place to start if you are completely unsure of what you are looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/user/toddecigreviews

Frequent updates for reviews on authentic items only. If something grabs your attention, you should be able to source it somewhere online. Happy hunting!

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you @KKen That helps a lot! I haven't been around long enough to "know the right people" lol.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tons of authentics out there! I just happen to go for the "impossible to get" ones, or super low serial numbers.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I make my own. Can't get more authentic than that :D pics coming up when i actually finish building something... Nintendo controllel DNA30 is about 3/4 ready, and my solid copper dual 18650 mech box is pretty much rendered out. Just need to figure out the firing button.. No wires on that.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you @KKen That helps a lot! I haven't been around long enough to "know the right people" lol.

Don't really need to know anyone if you just want a good authentic. Once you figure out what is important to you, yeah, you can take it one step further like Franciscan and source the uber-rare stuff. Sometimes though, you get lucky. I've found nice things on various forum classifieds, local B&M or just online.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you spend some time watching Todds Ecig reviews, you'll find something that fits your criteria soon enough. From there, just google search the item. Sometimes you'll find it, sometimes not.

Depending on what you like, you may gravitate to a particular reviewer or reviewers. For me, I gravitate towards European and Philippine made mods and atties, so I tend to often watch:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ABloodyGoodVaping
https://www.youtube.com/user/igetcha69
https://www.youtube.com/user/viennavaper (lots of Philippine product reviews, some English, some German)

Not to say they don't review US products, they often do as well, but I notice that they tend to get their hands on more of the items that you don't hear so much about, at least that's what it seems like to me ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Great wisdom this. Trolling websites is the key to getting the authentics you, and others desire.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@ franciscan, have you checked out the Cuprum? That thing is so sexy my millimeters turned into inches when i saw that.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I might order one in Feb. Then of course I will patina it!

VU Sponsors