Become a Patron!

authentic Vertex v2 owners..

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I just left a local B&M that was recommended to me by a local vaping association. While there, I picked up what they told me was an authentic Vertex V2 for $80. I'm quite happy with the purchase so far, but after getting back to my computer here and doing some searching, I'm seeing a mix of packaging for authentic V2s. Does anyone have one? If so, how was it packaged? Mine was simply wrapped in some tissue paper and taped up.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing from the Philippines is packaged like that.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow return it. nothing like getting diddled for authentic prices for a clone.

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nothing from the Philippines is packaged like that.

Just heard the opposite from the owner of an unrelated vape shop in a different state. Told me that it is common for Philippines to package that way..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just heard the opposite from the owner of an unrelated vape shop in a different state. Told me that it is common for Philippines to package that way..
I own several mods from there....one came in a box made from woven water lily leaves.....others in well made boxes of various description. Vertex is made by the same people that produce the FirePipes box mod...and the FP is very nicely packaged.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
post some photos of it including the internals. We can then figure out if its real or a clone.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I own several mods from there....one came in a box made from woven water lily leaves.....others in well made boxes of various description. Vertex is made by the same people that produce the FirePipes box mod...and the FP is very nicely packaged.
When I bought a Vicious ant Cyclone AFC, it came in a poly bag with a certificate of authenticity. Still the best small bottom feeder for a squonker in my mind. That teenie tiny chamber just chucks flavor.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, I just talked to Viper, and it should come in a black drawstring bag....with a blister packaged bottle opener....all in a BOX.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have noticed the the Philippine modders are quite into putting cloth drawstring bags with their products. My R-Box, Classique, FirePipes, BRIEFLY OWNED DPM all came with those.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Gravy! Shit like this just pisses me off to no end. And a local vaping association sent him in to buy one to boot! Verify it is a clone and then name the b/m where you got it. I've got no patience for fraudsters and blatant ripoffs!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My version one came in a black velvet bag with a drawstring

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have noticed the the Philippine modders are quite into putting cloth drawstring bags with their products. My R-Box, Classique, FirePipes, BRIEFLY OWNED DPM all came with those.
Since it comes from the same factory 90% of the time the packaging is the difference in price.

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just took some pics, I'll upload shortly. Is Viper's word about as official as something can get?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just took some pics, I'll upload shortly. Is Viper's word about as official as something can get?
They are the primary distributor for the Vetex and other high end mods and kit. Plus the word of one who owns one....and one who has done a considerable amount of business with Philippine mod makers.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thing is @Stormweaver1983 , you are still new here...and one of the things that sets VU apart from the other forums....what we hold dear...and what made us the #1 forum, is that we support each other, and HATE it when one of our own in this community gets taken advantage of.

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thing is @Stormweaver1983 , you are still new here...and one of the things that sets VU apart from the other forums....what we hold dear...and what made us the #1 forum, is that we support each other, and HATE it when one of our own in this community gets taken advantage of.

Yeah, I browsed the "other" forum a bit, but never even created a login there. Totally enjoying the atmosphere here!

And because I am new here is why I asked about Viper. I recalled seeing the name before, but before I go into someone's place of business shouting fake, I want to be as absolutely sure as possible. You know?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I browsed the "other" forum a bit, but never even created a login there. Totally enjoying the atmosphere here!

And because I am new here is why I asked about Viper. I recalled seeing the name before, but before I go into someone's place of business shouting fake, I want to be as absolutely sure as possible. You know?
Absolutely! What I would do in the situation is to clean it thoroughly and explain to them "This is not what I thought it was" and leave it at that. Keep in mind, if they are so unscrupulous as to sell clones as authentics, they might give you some issue about a refund or exchange.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm 90% sure it's real the matching looks clean

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Try this....we KNOW that the V2 comes with a drawstring bag and a bottle opener. Go to the shop and spin a story like "Hey, I was on a forum, and a friend of mine who owns one of these (do not mention Authentic), asked me what I use my bag for, and if the finish has started coming off my bottle opener" then gauge the situation by their reaction. Explain that you are puzzled because you did not receive your bag, nor the opener. This might tell the tale.

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did receive a bag, but it was a red drawstring, not black. I imagine that could simply be a matter of what was on hand at time of shipping.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you might be good to go. Chances are they may have run out of openers....or the shoppie kept it. You were not wanting a bottle opener with a free atomiser lol

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you might be good to go. Chances are they may have run out of openers....or the shoppie kept it. You were not wanting a bottle opener with a free atomiser lol

Ha, totally. Would've liked the box though! If that is what happened, it is still a sketchy practice and I won't be returning to that shop.

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all your help everyone. I'll swing by the shop tomorrow just to see what they say, but I think it is probably authentic.

You all rock!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all your help everyone. I'll swing by the shop tomorrow just to see what they say, but I think it is probably authentic.

You all rock!
3Q9V13U.gif

VU Sponsors