Become a Patron!

Authorized VU Vendor List

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Can we get a clean-up on aisle 6?

A few suggestions for the vendor list.....

I think the Authorized VU Vendors section is in need of some reorganization and/or cleansing.

On some of the links, there has been no activity for 6+ months. One link has had no activity since August 2014. Maybe part of the requirements to be listed should be that the vendor has to at least make monthly or quarterly posts.

My aim is not to “otherize” any company, but I think Vendors should be in separate categories based on region. (North America, East Asia, Western Europe, The Greater Metropolitan Area of Tiraspol Moldova, etc.)

I also think manufacturers should be listed separate from retail/wholesale sites. I noticed that the last vendor request was from Wotofo. After seeing their exchange with Smokie, it made me think of what a great cross-promotional “get” this kind of VU/Manufacturer arrangement is; having the VU banner on their home page. Having a manufacturers section of the vendor list might prompt other manufacturers to want to be listed as well. They may be more accepting of the VU Banner on their home page if they feel they are getting some type of exclusivity here on the VU site.

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cats_Choreographed_By_Dog.gif

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your suggestions. On one note here is that vendors who are a MFG without selling retail have go into the VU vendor wholesale section.

And your correct about being active in there sub forum which is part of the complying being a VU vendor. When I get the time I will clean up the dead beats.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Can we get a clean-up on aisle 6?

A few suggestions for the vendor list.....

I think the Authorized VU Vendors section is in need of some reorganization and/or cleansing.

On some of the links, there has been no activity for 6+ months. One link has had no activity since August 2014. Maybe part of the requirements to be listed should be that the vendor has to at least make monthly or quarterly posts.

My aim is not to “otherize” any company, but I think Vendors should be in separate categories based on region. (North America, East Asia, Western Europe, The Greater Metropolitan Area of Tiraspol Moldova, etc.)

I also think manufacturers should should be listed separate from retail/wholesale sites. I noticed that the last vendor request was from Wotofo. After seeing their exchange with Smokie, it made me think of what a great cross-promotional “get” this kind of VU/Manufacturer arrangement is; having the VU banner on their home page. Having a manufacturers section of the vendor list might prompt other manufacturers to want to be listed as well. They may be more accepting of the VU Banner on their home page if they feel they are getting some type of exclusivity here on the VU site.
Take a look at the vendor section now!

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I wish we would reduce it even further and should make the requirements even higher. Let's say a vendor/retailer gets 100 negative pages of feedback, remove it. I understand some pay to be here, but maybe they should put that money in their own customer service or quality control. I can't even count on how many people got literally fucked over by efun or gear best, yet they are still advertising there shit here on the forum like nothing ever happened lol.

Vendor section should be active, legit businesses that deserve to be mentioned or have a advertising platform, but that's just my thoughts on that. Anyways, good job on cleaning the section smokie. :D

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
@SMOKIE
This vendor list would also help in avoiding SPAM postings. I have sent @5150sick a few PMs, regarding those SPAM postings, and ways to avoid them.
Here's my idea I've suggested: "...
I was thinking of using a "white list", a list of allowed websites, that you know of being vendors for vape supplies, or other references commonly used, rather than a "black list", a list of spammers. The white list (in theory) should be shorter, thus it should help in at least marking new threads for review, before making the thread accessible for the VU members.

Therefore, when someone is submitting a new thread, the thread is searched for links, and compared to the white list. If the link is in the white list, it is getting through for all VU members, otherwise it's going to a manual review by a moderator, in case it's not a spam, the moderator can pass the new thread, and add the link to the white list.

To my knowledge, usually the spam threads are brand new threads being posted here on VU. Therefore, not every post in a thread would have to be compared to the white list, thus not causing any lag/performance issues for new posts.

Thanks for "listening"!
..."

Being a Computer Scientist, I know it's possible to do so.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I wish we would reduce it even further and should make the requirements even higher. Let's say a vendor/retailer gets 100 negative pages of feedback, remove it. I understand some pay to be here, but maybe they should put that money in their own customer service or quality control. I can't even count on how many people got literally fucked over by efun or gear best, yet they are still advertising there shit here on the forum like nothing ever happened lol.

Vendor section should be active, legit businesses that deserve to be mentioned or have a advertising platform, but that's just my thoughts on that. Anyways, good job on cleaning the section smokie. :D
Just let me correct you, no one pays to be here. Vendors are welcome here for Free with or without using our VU banner on their website, that is why we have authorized, and a unlisted vendor sections.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Just let me correct you, no one pays to be here. Vendors are welcome here for Free with or without using our VU banner on their website, that is why we have authorized, and a unlisted vendor sections.

My apologies and thanks for correcting me, I thought they are paying for an advertise slot. Next time I should ask before assuming that lol. Anyways I didn't try to implement or insult anybody, hope it didn't came off like that, was not my intention.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
My apologies and thanks for correcting me, I thought they are paying for an advertise slot. Next time I should ask before assuming that lol. Anyways I didn't try to implement or insult anybody, hope it didn't came off like that, was not my intention.
None taken, just wanted you to know, vape on.

VU Sponsors