Become a Patron!

AV able clone question

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
does anyone own a av able from 3fvape? my question is how solid is the firing button? I have a no name av able star wars clone but when u unscrew the button to fire its wobbly and doesn't feel solid. before I go grab a 3fvape av able clone like this one: http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...search_query=AV+able&results=233#.WRnh0NplDqA

I want to be sure the button is NOT wobbly like my clone. I think mine is by sxk, but it has no tramps stamps. just av on the hybrid top lazier etched. no stamping like the one at 3fVape.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
does anyone own a av able from 3fvape? my question is how solid is the firing button? I have a no name av able star wars clone but when u unscrew the button to fire its wobbly and doesn't feel solid. before I go grab a 3fvape av able clone like this one: http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...search_query=AV+able&results=233#.WRnh0NplDqA

I want to be sure the button is NOT wobbly like my clone. I think mine is by sxk, but it has no tramps stamps. just av on the hybrid top lazier etched. no stamping like the one at 3fVape.

I had a Timekeeper from 3fvape they dont sell on there anymore but Fasttech still does. It was the Silver Plated Copper TimeKeeper V2 with the Silver Plated Contacts and all the bits...it was $16 and was the est tube I had until I bought the Broadside and Subzero Shorty combo...The model I had was pretty spot n for 1:1 and the quality was pretty decent...the ony issue is the next one could be just as good or could be pretty horrible...Clones should be rated on a case by case basis....your paying for the model device that was put together with very little quality control and its a gamble.
I have had only 1 bad clone in the last year and I buy them all the time, before this past year the odds were pretty bad that you would get a good one and thats where the stigma comes from for quality, not to mention fanboys and loyalty groups that bash them. Find the clone you want and try it out...its only a few bucks and the odds are in your favor right now that it will surprise you.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thing with the clone Ables is the contact pin, that is where all the button wobble is coming from. Could buy an authentic Silver Contact and it should get rid of the wobble...the clone contact pin wall is thinner than the authentic, but then the contact probably cost more than the whole clone ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thing with the clone Ables is the contact pin, that is where all the button wobble is coming from. Could buy an authentic Silver Contact and it should get rid of the wobble...the clone contact pin wall is thinner than the authentic, but then the contact probably cost more than the whole clone ;)
3FVape offers a Silver PLated Upgrade Contact for $20...it looks better then the versions that come with the mods.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3FVape offers a Silver PLated Upgrade Contact for $20...it looks better then the versions that come with the mods.
this is the issue I have:
my son is excited to find legos, lol that's why he's going on in the video. anyways see how wobbly and loose the button is when it's ready to fire. if the 3fvape is solid than I'm sold. I really like the mod, can't afford a real one and mine fires great, hard no issues other than the rattle.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
this is the issue I have:
my son is excited to find legos, lol that's why he's going on in the video. anyways see how wobbly and loose the button is when it's ready to fire. if the 3fvape is solid than I'm sold. I really like the mod, can't afford a real one and mine fires great, hard no issues other than the rattle.

On my Able I don't have to unscrew the button more than 3/4 turn to fire...If I back it out 2-3 turns its a little wobbly.

Like I mentioned earlier...the wobble is from where the button thread that connects to the copper firing pin... the button doesn't stay on any other way.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On my Able I don't have to unscrew the button more than 3/4 turn to fire...If I back it out 2-3 turns its a little wobbly.

Like I mentioned earlier...the wobble is from where the button thread that connects to the copper firing pin... the button doesn't stay on any other way.
I stuck a spring between the magnets in the switch and that killed most wobble but yeah a slight turn and it will fire rattle is a minimum. But albeit if there is another clone out there with fine threading in the fire button and pin it will have less rattle.

Last edited:

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u @So619Cal
2bd88f4060dcb9823c0d1dc0068fce2e.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a quick shot of the thickness of the wall for the authentic firing pin I was speaking about...

upload_2017-5-16_16-23-28.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
here's the clone firing pin
351131e2b230541bf3d8db07673184de.jpg
8f5df7acf50c01c5004acb1de94f39a5.jpg

I don't think there is one that is truly made much different when it comes to how fine the threads are, its loosely based off the authentic...total crap shoot with the clones... its how close to a 1:1 they are is key... Which imo Kindbright is the only one who comes close. SXK is another that does a good job generally, but when you see 3 of the same mechs on the China sites made by the same MFG ( lets say SXK ) and they all are different prices... Could be Batch 1 is 99.9% 1:1 ...Batch 2 was shit and 95% 1:1 ...and batch 3 could be total shit...and the price for the clone isn't a tell take if they are made well... they are truly mass producing them and the cheaper they can get them made the more profit, so corners are cut...like the thickness of a firing pin wall ;) or not putting the slight bevel on the bottom edge of the button housing, or the slight bevel on the button cap... all these little things add up that take away the 1:1 and also lower the cost over all to produce for them.

I'm done with the clone buying though...

Have a few authentic mechs which I am happy with...recently bought another SOI which arrives Friday ( my Birthday woot ) and going forward, I'd rather have a few good mechs, than a bunch of so so meh mechs.

I will say the clones I do have (3)... I am on a lucky streak...each one performs flawless and looks the tits...each from Kindbright.

SirLeakALot

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an authentic brass able and a clone M1P5 from 3F, both with copper pins. Both of them have the rattles, the clone a tiny bit more I'd say. I think that if the firing pin would have less play in the button housing (which would eliminate the rattle) it could easily get stuck when firing.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I realize this is an old thread but just wanted to pass what I found with the clone.
When I got it I was ready to throw it in the trash!
The button wobbled like crazy and the firing button was so sensitive it would fire with even the slightest touch.
I googled AV clone and the first video I watched the guy was raving about how good and strong the fire button was with two magnets. It clearly showed 2 of the larger washer magnets.
I luckily had an old mod that I wasn't using so I pilfered the magnet out of it and put it with the one in the mod.
What a difference! The wobble is still there if you look for it but the stronger magnet makes it pretty much unnoticeable and the switch is now strong enough that if I stand it up on a flat surface it doesn't fire unless I push down in it.
I hope someone can get something from this.

Last edited:

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an AV clone. Not very fond of it and I doubt I'd buy an authentic if I didn't handle it first. I'm relatively new to the mech scene so I don't have the benefit(?) of dealing with crappy designs of years passed, but I can't imagine why anyone would still manufacture a mod with a design like my clone. That is, a button that is exposed to the weight of the mod. I can understand a button flush with the button housing, sort of, but one totally exposed on a device that you, inherently, don't want to lay on its side? Makes no sense to me from a safety standpoint. Other than that I cannot comment on the design since mine is not authentic, but if the real deal is anything like my clone I can't see how the company has stayed afloat. The design for battery rattle uptake is bleh. It works, but it's far from elegant. I'm not a huge fan of the Admiral design, but at least the awkward reverse threaded nut is neatly tucked away when assembled.

I may be spoiled coming in this late in the game, but I'm okay with that. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors