Become a Patron!

Average builder, frustrated with my latest RTAs

Hey Guys, I've been vaping for about 7 years, 5 of which building, and recently I've been very frustrated with my Rta lineup.

I dont like fussing over my build or wicking... dont care about art coils, simple and effective is what I want

I mean, right now, I get a consistent build & wick on the Sapor RTA and Digiflavor Pilgrim.

And I cant for the life of me get a decent wick on either the Engine Nano or the Zeus Single.

I've pretty much discarded the Zeus, it just frustrates me, but the Nano, I feel like im missing out, if I get a "semi-decent" build on it, it works fine until I refill it, and then, every time, its leak city, or should I say flood city... I mean if I turn it upside down, juice comes out of the airflow... if I make the wick a little thicker, dry hits all round... can anyone give me some pointers on that and maybe the Zeus, or if they are shit, just let me know of a newer Rta that is easier to wick?

I get along with the sapor because its the same as the griffin to wick and I had that a long time. and the aromamizer v1 is also very easy as its basically a dripper build...

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hm. I am loving my Nano and would take yers off yer hands - send me a PM.

I've a Boreas v2 that's dual - it's been idling since I got the Nano. I simply never get dry hits if I am even slightly awake and notice the tank is empty. (Yes, on occasion I can have a Senior Moment). I even sidelined the Griffin 25 and Aromamizer v1 in favor the Boreas v2 and then the Nano. Additionally, sidelined cloned Taifun GT III and Hussar - just because I am tired of the restricted airflow - I dislike having things max-open and STILL wanting to find a drill.

I've a Coil Master Elfy... Somewhere... (I think the asian camel is still at sea on a sampan powered by rubber-bands or something) I look forward to trying that, as it's even cheaper.

Everything I've seen or watched a review on lately seems to just be more complicated and rehashing. I am not even experiencing a lot of what seems to thrill reviewers.

Looks like are both GTA-style.. I presume you are using cotton? Might try Rayon/cellucotton - it doesn't SWELL like cotton, so it shouldn't swell-up and block the juice-flow.

Actually, I've started getting along with the Nano, I watched the review from "Vaping with Vic" and did the same wicking, and its working like a champ... wish I'd seen that before posting, but in my defense I did watch other wick jobs that probably only worked for the purposes of the review itself.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Got a wicking guide in my review for the Zeus if you are after one Mate ...this will take you straight to the right page

Zeus Wicking Guide

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Zeus: Someone will appreciate it, but I looked at that rta and passed. I am hoping the Elfy is another success, because if so I will get a spare - and then I should be done with RTA's. (well, until something breaks, and it's discontinued and you are just flat-out screwed)

Right now, the Engine Nano is giving me flavor and vapor - off the SXmini or DNA200 - that rivals the DS-style 1:1 mech with SXK Basic, (although the latter is a little more restricted).

I think anything I get now will be a regulated squonker akin to the Gbox200, but w/o the battery-door issue. Or, a regulated single-cell front-squeeze (non-pokey) squonker. I'm pretty well sold on good-airflow single-coil - duals just cost more (ejuice, battery, hassle) - and squonkers obviate the whole capacity/leaking issue. (I just want bigger than these idiotic 8ml silicone bottles). I definitely would like to try a single-cell 2x700 regulated squonk - RUMINT has that the runtime is definitely more than comparable 18650.

Mind you: I am a bit irked at the RDA/squonk manfac: these are simpler atty, smaller, less parts - stop charging the same prices for larger, more complex devices.. Putzii.

VU Sponsors