Become a Patron!

average life span of tanks?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What have you all found to be the average lifespan of low to mid range priced tanks? My isubs bit the dust after a few months. I have two Smok VCTs, and they're about 6 months old - one of them just crapped out on me. The very bottom plate on the tank that screwed into the mod came off. I think I can put that back together with pliers, though. My crown tank is probably 3 or 4 months old and it has been giving me problems lately too. I can no longer get the bottom piece off to change coils without pliers either. Putting it in the freezer did not contract the parts enough to separate them. It's sort of frustrating. I broke down and bought a Freemax Starre, which I really like, but I've only had it 2 days. I just hope it holds up well more than 4-6 months. What has your mileage been?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
2 years and still going strong on both of my cheapo Anyvape Davide Glassomizers, lol.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its one of those things... You never really know.

For me I find that well designed, well made devices are going to give you a better chance of long time use. This does NOT mean that a 200 dollar atty made in europe or the US is going to last for ever.

I find that the more you can break it down for cleaning and maintenance the longer it will last. Grade of stainless steel also does factor in.

I had a very high end and at the time a "unicorn" mod. It was my first experience into the high end, buy for life and reputation item. I waited for over a year.

High expectations, they had a great reputation and many followers of how its the epitome of the best of the best.

Well when I got it , of course it was amazing compared to what I had been using. It was a work of engineering art/ design. But id disapointed me badly.

It cost me over 200. and it turned out to me so high maintenance. The parts oxidated awfully. The brass parts got black and so did the ss threads. Switch would heat up after a week and got worse with use.

When I realized a gift horse that sold for 25? was performing better and more consistently It irked me.

I dont think the reputation was not well earned, I think they just decided to use low quality materials.

So look and ask a lot of questions. There will always be some atties that come out touting to be the best and well made.... Not always are they really well made.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got carto tanks that are 5 years old, and some first run protanks, 3 years old. As for the tanks binding up, clean the threading. I clean my tanks once a month in an Ultrasonic cleaner when I am using them actively. Keeps all the crud and crap from accumulating in the threads and in the nooks and crannies on the tanks.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It cracks me up when people complain about things being made badly, that they break and become obsolete in a year and sometimes much less time.

On one hand we love the idea of things being well made with pride, blah blah.... This sometimes leads to over engineering, so much useless features when all you want to do is blend some milk and icecream,

On the other hand you have most of the human race wanting to posses the latest and greatest and most enviable device and they trash it as soon as there is a new one , a flashier one, more "intelligent" devices that one flaunts around to say , Look at me, this cost me a ridiculous amount of money, then the new one comes out, and its in the heap of useless things.

Im glad there are so many choices and that there are some that actually can see quality for the right reasons.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not so much complaining as just curious. The isubs, I didn't really expect to last. The others, I did clean. I think it's just a case of high VG gumming up my crown, but I'm afraid of breaking it everytime I pry it apart. I'm honestly not sure why the metal plate on the bottom of the VCT came loose. It looked a bit warped before. Maybe just where I use it alot lately. What has been the most dependable tank for any of you?

Woody_

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm still running my Atlantis v1 purchased 12/2014. I've yet to have a tank crap out on me.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While I'm enjoying the new tank, I'm hoping to salvage the others. I had been enjoying going back to the VCT. The flavor wasn't quite up there with the crown, but still acceptable and they go through less juice than the crown and the starre. I still do have one VCT in good working order at least.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Subtank mini. Still going strong. Just put in some new fresh green washers. Its around a year old?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I must be getting a stronger hit out of the freemax starre. I'm getting more nicotine. I get that jittery feeling every now and then. LOL.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A week and a half.
New Tobeco super tank mini, accidently knocked it off the bench today. The only tank that doesn't include extra glass. FML

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A week and a half.
New Tobeco super tank mini, accidently knocked it off the bench today. The only tank that doesn't include extra glass. FML
Oh no...not good. I did that with my evic mini. I think it will still fire, but the battery compartment was knocked out of kilter. I'm afraid to use it. I have an istick 40 TC and a Koopor Plus, so I'm still good.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I replace mine with newer, gotta have ones before older ones go bad. Subtank mini's got replaced with tfv4, bachelor and serpent. I have a feeling my subtank plus's will be replaced with Boreas.

HD

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I did manage to get the Crown and the VCT cleaned and fixed. Hopefully I'll get many months more use out of them. Guess I need to keep the pliers handy.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crown is about a year old, although I am about to replace the seals in it (which should be expected by now), I expect it will last for quite a while longer.
I clean it completely about every fourth tankful.

Last edited:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was using my GG Odysseus's for almost 4 years. When I bought them they were already over a year old. They were still going strong, but since my hands got bad, I had to give up on them because they required R-NR wires and they constantly reminded me of my pain.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using my GG Odysseus's for almost 4 years. When I bought them they were already over a year old. They were still going strong, but since my hands got bad, I had to give up on them because they required R-NR wires and they constantly reminded me of my pain.
LOL..... the Oddy..fucking hell haven't herd anyone vaping one of those in a good long while ..

VU Sponsors