Become a Patron!

Avocado 24 Bottom Flow Version

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i kind of wish I had seen more threads & articles on RDTAs when I started building. So I’m a bit late to the game but really hooked on them. I’m mostly use a RDA dripper setup. I have squonk but I like changing up the flavors a lot since I DIY.

Anyways I did do some research once I discovered RDTAs and decided to find a Geek Vape Avocado 24 Bottom Air Flow and Limited Plus. They’re both “older” RDTAs but had received great reviews at the time they came out.

Took a bit the find the Avocado 24 BA but the upper airflow versions were more abundant. I found one on Alibaba Express on Clearance so got it for cheap money

This RBA is the bomb. I’m getting the same incredible flavor that I get in my RDAs single and dual coil builds. The chamber is rounded at the top which is supposed to increase flavor. Honestly I can’t imagine the juice having more flavor at this point. I’ve been using a single coil ss 316L at .6 ohms.

It has a 4ml tank which seems small but is absolutely perfect for me since as said above I like to change out my flavors often throughout the day.

Several reviewers decried the lack of a fill hole in the deck. I have had no issues with either pushing the wick over with the tip of my unicorn bottle or just taking one wick out. It’s really not a problem.

I’ve had no leaks whatsoever in the 2 weeks I’ve been using it.

To me RDTAs are the perfect spot between the ease of squonking and having to drip in an RDA. Like I said I wish I had known about them earlier. I probably wouldn’t have bought close to 30 RDAs lol!!:gaah:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm looking for an RDTA myself. but have yet to find one, a reasonably priced one, that floats my boat.\

post pics of yours.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've got alot of RDTAs and the one I like the best is the Desire Mad Dog RDTA. The next would be the OBS Crius RDTA.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That level of flavour with SS316L coils? Imagine with Nickel...

Does it have a plug so you can use it in single coil mode? Since I got my profile and Wasp I find I’m enjoying low wattage full flavour vaping with a single coil. I have to use double the wattage on my KALI V2, and even then, the flavour isn’t as intense.

Sent from the Star Destroyer Executor

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got alot of RDTAs and the one I like the best is the Desire Mad Dog RDTA. The next would be the OBS Crius RDTA.
I lost 2 Griffin tanks in a week recently... So I went shopping at Several vape shops ,, it was shocking the limited supply or no supply of rta/rdta. They seem to want to stick with the replacement coils for profit margin I guess. Meanwhile I had 2 22 Avocados at home that I seemed to have outgrown :(

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I lost 2 Griffin tanks in a week recently... So I went shopping at Several vape shops ,, it was shocking the limited supply or no supply of rta/rdta. They seem to want to stick with the replacement coils for profit margin I guess. Meanwhile I had 2 22 Avocados at home that I seemed to have outgrown :(
I very rarily buy anything other than batteries from my local vape shop anymore. The owner I liked sold the store and the new owner is a crook. I just buy online anymore. I DIY juice and make my own coils so I'm not dependent on a vape shop.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always struggled with my avocado 24ba. Simple round coils, single coils, dual coils, twisted coils, fused claptons. It has a helluva time clamping smaller single wire coils like 26-28ga, the leads are usually still a little loose. Twisted helps that. The long 510 pin on it gets really hot though. To the point the glass is hot as hell, cooks the juice and turns it darker after a bit. I tried some thicker gauge kanthal like 22 or 24ga and had to run 90w for dual coils to get them going. It definitely didn't like that higher wattage (typically vape around 55-60w on stainless fused claptons).

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I very rarily buy anything other than batteries from my local vape shop anymore. The owner I liked sold the store and the new owner is a crook. I just buy online anymore. I DIY juice and make my own coils so I'm not dependent on a vape shop.
I am completely DIY,,, but twice I got caught on the road when the tanks died,,, so I hit up several vape shops, ,,,they really have limited stuff these days. Walked out of 1after getting no service,, -1girl helping 1guy who didn't appear to need help -only juice

I buy most gear online as well ,,this last episode of restocking was 1mod + 1atty at vapeshop and 3attys+ 2mods online

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I am completely DIY,,, but twice I got caught on the road when the tanks died,,, so I hit up several vape shops, ,,,they really have limited stuff these days. Walked out of 1after getting no service,, -1girl helping 1guy who didn't appear to need help -only juice

I buy most gear online as well ,,this last episode of restocking was 1mod + 1atty at vapeshop and 3attys+ 2mods online
My vape purchases have to wait for awhile now. I've been wanting a nice mech mod for awhile so today I ordered one. It was a little expensive but it will be nice. Now I need to figure out what I want for an atty for it.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered an Aromamizer Supreme kit from Steam Crave. Looking forward to messing around with that one.

VU Sponsors