Become a Patron!

Avocado 24 help

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi friends. I decided to throw a build on my Avocado 24 original yesterday. Haven't used it since last summer cause it's such a hassle as I have to take it apart each time I want to clean it.
It looks as though I might have taken out the 510 pin one too many times as now the ohms are jumping erratically everytime I hit the fire button.

My question is, is this thing done or can I purchase a 510? If it's the latter, does it have to be from Geekvape or any generic one?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I should have mentioned that due to taking it apart for cleaning so many times, combined with the sh!tty 510 on my cuboid, I was forced to lightly unscrew the 510 on the atty to avoid atty short whenever I wanted to use it.

086d4c5c3e2323e7183ab285f433524a.jpg

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
http://www.myvpro.com/avocado-24-replacement-510-pin-by-geekvape/

Why you taking it apart to clean it so much, I've been running mine almost a year and have had it apart twice...First time was to change too the glass, second time was curiosity.

I just clear the top, fill with everclear, shake the sense out of it, rinse out with water and drain.

Also, Are you sure its the centerpin and note the thread in the top?

Third, theres an peek insulator on the upper deck which is easy to lose and also carried by that vendor.....Might check and see if you've lost it,

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
http://www.myvpro.com/avocado-24-replacement-510-pin-by-geekvape/

Why you taking it apart to clean it so much, I've been running mine almost a year and have had it apart twice...First time was to change too the glass, second time was curiosity.

I just clear the top, fill with everclear, shake the sense out of it, rinse out with water and drain.

Also, Are you sure its the centerpin and note the thread in the top?

Third, theres an peek insulator on the upper deck which is easy to lose and also carried by that vendor.....Might check and see if you've lost it,

Thank you for the reply and the link

I kept taking it apart to clean and because my wicking game was pretty weak then (had just started vaping a month prior) and had a wicking process that required it to be taken apart.

Now that you mention it, the thread looks pretty bad. Insulator is still there though.
I will order a new pin and try your cleaning method. My wicking hopefully has improved since then

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wicking can be a bitch if you over think it....I run it tight thru the coils, chop it off just ever so slightly over the edge of the mod top, trim a point by making 2 cuts from the tip of the cotton down to the deck then another up from the tip to the edge of the top of the coil then tuck the ends so the LAY on the deck, point of cotton heading down holes BUT never enough cotton to see it coming thru the deck.

It takes about 15 minutes and 13 or 14 profanity outburst's out of the whole process.

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will give this one a try! Thanks for the tips.

Back then, I wasn't able to get it to wick properly unless I took it apart, inserted the wick from the bottom of the wicking hole then through the coil and in through the top of the other wicking hole.
I still had 15 min of outbursts though. But the Avocado gave me so much flavour in its single coil mode I put up with it.

I'll let you know how it pans out for me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will give this one a try! Thanks for the tips.

Back then, I wasn't able to get it to wick properly unless I took it apart, inserted the wick from the bottom of the wicking hole then through the coil and in through the top of the other wicking hole.
I still had 15 min of outbursts though. But the Avocado gave me so much flavour in its single coil mode I put up with it.

I'll let you know how it pans out for me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well?????

VU Sponsors