Become a Patron!

Avoiding battery care buffunery

Hey what's up so I'm fairly new to mech mods and I basically just a have some simple questions I'm using the athena mod and got the zion rda running .28 ohms now the place I went to I was explained everything but I forgot to ask something for battery understanding if I use my mod all day and the battery starts to lose its charge what risk am I taking because I hear about battery venting and from what it sounds like is if I'm firing it and the battery is weak is that risking an explosion? Because your trying to make the battery push more power than it can handle because of the low charge thanks in advance I'm sorry if anything sounds stupid I'm just trying to avoid any incidents

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The danger is if you go below 3V for with battery sag along with voltage drop you may drop below 2.5V which the damage done to the battery you're fucked. Just be safe and don't run the battery below 3.5V or 3.6V.

For Newby's on Mech's read this and if you're not willing to abide or comprehend it stick with Regulated Mod's -

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android
2. Batteries! you MUST take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!!
a. Avoid garbage batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not ebay or amazon) sources, great places to get authentic are from
http://liionwholesale.com/
https://www.imrbatteries.com/
b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"
c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog
d. In Mod's with multipule batteries, marry them.
e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.
3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -
a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up
b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery and you can add 1/2 the amp rating of the next battery
c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amp. So a series you build high with a lot of wire, no lower that .4 ohms.
4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build or any shorts.
5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front jeans pocket and blow your Johnson off ya know ;)
6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.
a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.v

VU Sponsors