The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bench Test Results: AWT 40A 3300mAh 18650...obscenely overrated, DO NOT BUY
MOOCH
renderTimingPixel.png

Bottom Line: This is ridiculous. This cell’s true rating appears to be under 10A but AWT has rated it at 40A on the wrap. I recommend not buying it or using it at any level. At just 20A, one half of the 40A rating given to this cell by AWT, it reached a temperature of 113°C!

PLEASE REMEMBER: There are no 18650’s we can buy with a capacity over 3000mAh that can have a rating over 10A and many are rated down near 3A.

This was found on ECR.
All credit to Mooch.
All hail Mooch!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Companies like AWT that misinform should be held accountable.
As well as online vendors that repeat it, such as "The AWT 18650 high-drain 40A battery is perfect for mechanical mods":facepalm:

I stick with the two S's. Sony/Samsung.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
LG is also fine.
but those are the 3 brands that I use.
Yeah, LG is good too. But I use Sony/Samsung. Well, I do have a Golisi S35 that I use in single battery regulated, that I bought before Samsung came out with their 21700's.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My good ol' LG browns are the only ones that give me any battery life AND performance by safety guidelines. I'm very grateful to the battery gurus here in the forum, otherwise I'm afraid I might fall for the ads for a zillion mah and purchase little time bombs. I have a few sammies and some Vapcells (also fairly inferior by comparison), but my battery box looks like a little brown turd collection, and I'm okay with that. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used the HG2's for over 3 years but just recently recycled those and now I think pink :)
Pink for my regulated and green for my non regulated mods.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The direct comparison of VTC6, 30Q and HG2 is at around 9 min in video.

All 3 are close but the VTC6 is the best with the 30Q next and the HG2 last.

However the 30Q has a longer charge/recharge cycle life than the VTC6.
ie they last longer before you have to recycle them.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am kind of an 18650 purist ;)
I see no personal need to get anything else.
Actually the larger cell size for some mods has kept me from buying them.
Such as the Pico Squeeze 2.
Had they just made a regulated squeeze 1....

And yes I know about battery adapters.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am kind of an 18650 purist ;)
I see no personal need to get anything else.
Actually the larger cell size for some mods has kept me from buying them.
Such as the Pico Squeeze 2.
Had they just made a regulated squeeze 1....

And yes I know about battery adapters.
Personal need is not really among the most important reasons why I keep buying new mech mods. :D

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I like the smaller mods that use 18650 vs the 2XXXX cells.
With a single battery tube mech mod the size difference is often barely even noticeable. In fact my tallest single 18650 mods are actually even slightly taller than my shortest single 20700 mods, and, the outside diameter of several of my single 18650 mods is 25mm, same as my thinnest single 20700 mods, albeit some of my single 18650 mods are narrower at the center so they are a tad more comfortable to hold in the space between my forefinger and thumb (i.e. perlicue) as I press the fire button with my middle finger.
I never was one to follow fads and fashion.
Me neither. I'm leaning heavily towards timeless artistic design styles that have more in common with anti-fashion than they have in common with fashion.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
those are pink too?
I was speaking of 30Q.
Yep 30a - 1500mah. Solid rating by mooch. Pepto pink. Although require frequent charging due to the low mah rating. My wife uses a vaporesso target @ 45 watts. Lasts her all day and some. Hits hard in tube mech but declines quickly. Still good battery.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep 30a - 1500mah. Solid rating by mooch. Pepto pink. Although require frequent charging due to the low mah rating. My wife uses a vaporesso target @ 45 watts. Lasts her all day and some. Hits hard in tube mech but declines quickly. Still good battery.
I vape at 16W, 25W or 40W depending on the rig I use and the 30Q 18650 work well.
Actually the 40W or so vaping is done with 25R's in a pico squeeze.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, you're confusing the HB6 with the HG6. But anyway, forget about the HB6... just grab the blue Samsung 20S instead and never look back.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use primarily vct5a's. A few 25r's and recently a pair of Golisi s26's. Got two of the pinky's single battery mod use only. All are good batteries. Mooch rated the s26's accurate at 25amp - 2600 mah. Pulse rate on bat wrap 30 - 35 ??? Not so much. Thinks it needs to be removed.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to see it be made a criminal offense to knowing mislabel LI batteries or import/sell them knowing they are not correctly labelled.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use primarily vct5a's. A few 25r's and recently a pair of Golisi s26's. Got two of the pinky's single battery mod use only. All are good batteries. Mooch rated the s26's accurate at 25amp - 2600 mah. Pulse rate on bat wrap 30 - 35 ??? Not so much. Thinks it needs to be removed.
Because these rewrap companies target vapers, yes I agree the pulse rating needs to be removed to avoid unnecessary confusion despite the true CDR is also listed right in front of it. Even so, the detailed specs do clearly state "Operate temperature: Charging (0 ~ 45°C), Discharging (-20 ~ 60°C)" so it is still only logical the fact that the "MAX" rating of 35A is going to be in direct relation to that 60°C temperature cut-off; it is still up to the user to correctly interpret all the important specs instead of coming up with stupid excuses of "I didn't know what this other number was referring to", as these batteries never were designed to be used outside a fully protected battery pack with a protection circuit so you already knew beforehand what you were getting yourself into anyway in the first place excepting only if you really are stupid. But that's the immediate problem... a lot of people really are stupid so stupid excuses can still nevertheless be valid excuses.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stupidity should be made a criminal offense. (In several many ways, stupidity already is a criminal offense anyway in the first place.)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Back when I started vaping and got into mods around 2013 AWT was the "gold standard" of batteries.
Those and the gray panasonics were the go to batteries for vapers.

It's a shame they dropped to this level of incompetence & greed.

AWT needs to be in the hall of shame.

VU Sponsors