Become a Patron!

Baby Beast tank has been stuck for 2 weeks. Tried everything.

Should I just throw this out?

• Keep trying to open it

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Throw it away and get a new one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it and get a new one

• Throw it away and get something different

• Keep it and get something different

• Total voters

JustYourAverageVapeGuy

Member For 3 Years
I can't believe I wasted $65 on this mod. It burns through atty's extremely quickly, and not once has it been easy to open up. Every time I need to change the coil, the tank is stuck closed and I spend several hours trying to open it up. And now here I am again, for the 7th time. Except now I can't get it open no matter what I do. I have spent 2 weeks and $40 on supplies trying to open this thing up. If I grip the bottom, then the air flow just spins around completely ignoring the thing that's supposed to stop it from doing that, and if I grip the top then... the airflow on the bottom spins around. I tried gripping the tank itself with a jar opener and now I have a crack running down the side because I had to grip it that hard to keep it from spinning in my hand, but luckily it isn't leaking. Should I just throw this thing away and order a different tank? I'm so tired of this. Here's a list of things i've tried:
Refrigerating, freezing, pliers, hot water, boiling water, warm water, rubber bands, vape bands, ice water, bare hands, jar openers, various fabrics, and even C-Clamps.

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could you post a picture of this tank , I do not like the cracked glass situation, I can tell you I have a new cloud beast tank that will not open and what I do is hold the tank firmly and rap a cloth around the bottom and use my pliers and un screw the base, so I know what your talking about it is a pain in the ass. Did the tank come with a extra glass piece?? If it did you might what to use it because these small cracked tanks most likely will start leaking and then you will have juice getting all over your mod, I hope that over some time mine will get better, if you can it's always a good Idea to have an extra tank for emergency use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

JustYourAverageVapeGuy

Member For 3 Years
The crack isn't really a concern at all. I was unfortunate enough to have a full tank when the coil went out, and I still have a full tank a week after cracking the glass. No matter what I wrap around the bottom, it just spins the airflow (the entire bottom part is nothing but the airflow, so I can't just grip under it) so I can't get a good grip on it.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya I Have never had a tank that is this hard to open mine is a little larger than your Baby beast and has had no liquid in it yet.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I had an answers but I do not know what else to try..

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the baby Alien Kit with the baby beast and it comes apart easy go figure.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been playing with my cloud beast tank opening and closing and it is getting better, however if I really crank on it closing it is hard to open so I am just going to tighten it but not really crank it so hard and see how that works out, it has not been used yet it came with my Smok 350 Mod that is rocking my Crown lll Rainbow .

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't believe I wasted $65 on this mod. It burns through atty's extremely quickly, and not once has it been easy to open up. Every time I need to change the coil, the tank is stuck closed and I spend several hours trying to open it up. And now here I am again, for the 7th time. Except now I can't get it open no matter what I do. I have spent 2 weeks and $40 on supplies trying to open this thing up. If I grip the bottom, then the air flow just spins around completely ignoring the thing that's supposed to stop it from doing that, and if I grip the top then... the airflow on the bottom spins around. I tried gripping the tank itself with a jar opener and now I have a crack running down the side because I had to grip it that hard to keep it from spinning in my hand, but luckily it isn't leaking. Should I just throw this thing away and order a different tank? I'm so tired of this. Here's a list of things i've tried:
Refrigerating, freezing, pliers, hot water, boiling water, warm water, rubber bands, vape bands, ice water, bare hands, jar openers, various fabrics, and even C-Clamps.
I hope you can get your tank working Its kinda important they come apart without have to wrestle with the darn tank.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is not much to grab on the Baby Beast compared to the Cloud Beast, I would use the Allen wrench method as stated above.
48c7967f02e8894ccc9461aa00050da3.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oops I just tried my Baby Beast and it is stuck , Allen wrench time , New plan my smallest Alle wrench is to big Hum time to make a mess good by To the juice in the tank.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will not go thru to the other side and when I put pressure on it like this is a no go.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG mine is stuck I cannot even get it to move with my towel and pliers and I chipped some paint with the Allen wrench this is ridiculous. Hum plan C
5feb7037b8c10887c4c55d548b0326b2.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even with the towel over the pliers my paint is coming off. Huston we have a problem, Any other Ideas welcome. I'm kinda stuck in a mud hole to.
5ac3f8f554d9c1526dfe0b1a2e183d0a.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I'm giving up until help arrives I am taking paint off with protection and when your doing thus with pliers on both ends still cannot move the bottom more paint just comes off.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put it in the freezer for a few minutes, turn the hot water on, take tank out of freezer then run the base under hot water. That should make the metal in the base expand and hopefully release the top section.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Progress The only thing that worked see picture.I had to come down with the pliers with towel protection of course. I'm not happy about the paint.
d4fc690f6c66148c2c3d28edabc4c2c1.jpg
9a6d9882cd7ab1eda184635be25da484.jpg
4470b6511bc913a7cd4e527fccd49fa2.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang SMOK this is Insane in 8 years of Vaping I have never had this problem with a tank and of course it had to happen with my special Pink tank.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smok feature?
I have a couple of TFV4 mini's that I won and they are not real slick to get open either.
Actually I won all of the SMOK vape stuff that I have.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New coil installed and were moving forward, I just put this coil and tank bàck togàtherand did not crank it hard so we will see later if I'm going to have the same problem. This is a New Mod and tank and it looks like I need to buy a new pink tank I can only hope this helps other folks who run into this situation. The paint on the tank is coming off way to easy.
8a5f556a0ad03cb069805f02fefb592c.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will do that fq06 .

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To the OP I now truly understand your feelings with this tank... I tried the freezer the hot water it did not help. I will however remember this procedure my Hands hurt.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New coil is primed and we have clouds and my DIY Grapefruit is yummy.

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most of the time they are getting stuck on o-rings, so…
Lesson #1: lubricate your o-rings before assembling the tank. Any thick e-juice will do; better yet, use a USP glycerin ($3-4/bottle at Wallyworld).
Lesson #2: unlike metals, rubber (including silicone rubber) contracts when heated. Splash the tank with very hot (maybe even boiling) water, then immediately grab it through a towel (not a paper towel, you'll need a grippy one!) and unscrew whatever you wanted to unscrew.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the time they are getting stuck on o-rings, so…
Lesson #1: lubricate your o-rings before assembling the tank. Any thick e-juice will do; better yet, use a USP glycerin ($3-4/bottle at Wallyworld).
Lesson #2: unlike metals, rubber (including silicone rubber) contracts when heated. Splash the tank with very hot (maybe even boiling) water, then immediately grab it through a towel (not a paper towel, you'll need a grippy one!) and unscrew whatever you wanted to unscrew.
I did all of what you suggested and this tank was still having issues coming apart. I also juiced up the O rings on a Brand new Purple Cloud Beast and I will check that one later today, What you suggest normally works.. Thanks for your input...

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did all of what you suggested and this tank was still having issues coming apart.
Oh, one more tip from Captain Obvious… Slow and steady is the key with o-ring friction based connections. A lot of people, even with engineering degrees, don't seem to understand it. If you apply too much pressure or do it too fast, silicone will bulge and make things worse.

…and don't over-tighten your tanks! :blah:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, one more tip from Captain Obvious… Slow and steady is the key with o-ring friction based connections. A lot of people, even with engineering degrees, don't seem to understand it. If you apply too much pressure or do it too fast, silicone will bulge and make things worse.

…and don't over-tighten your tanks! :blah:
I do not know how slow the Original Poster was but I was in working slowly, like 3 hours, Like I said in 8 years of vaping I have never ran into this situation , my tank has had liquid in it for almost a month In fact I went thru 4 tanks of my DIY Vanilla Dream in the Pink Tank. I am going to play with my Purple Cloud Beast tomorrow I juiced the O rings and put it back together. I'm just kinda sad that the OP has had to deal with this it really should not be nearly impossible to get the tank apart It was a day of learning that's a good thing.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not sure what it is either ????

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I googled this, it is what you wrap pipes with ?? I don't know any kinda sticky would most likely lift the paint right off my Pink Baby Beast. @VapingInNewYork is this what your talking about ?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I googled this, it is what you wrap pipes with ?? I don't know any kinda sticky would most likely lift the paint right off my Pink Baby Beast. @VapingInNewYork is this what your talking about ?

I meant this Question. For Theo457..

Theo457

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for the late reply, @Puff,
@VapingNewYork
Its basically electrical take used to insulate electrical connection its a semi contact adhesive to it doesn't completely stick to the object and will not damage or pull any paint out, it has a firm matte finish allowing you to have a solid grip on the tank.

I myself use it on all my tanks at home in the event of this happening.

http://www.screwfix.com/c/electrical-lighting/insulation-tape/cat850122

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for the late reply, @Puff,
@VapingNewYork
Its basically electrical take used to insulate electrical connection its a semi contact adhesive to it doesn't completely stick to the object and will not damage or pull any paint out, it has a firm matte finish allowing you to have a solid grip on the tank.

I myself use it on all my tanks at home in the event of this happening.

http://www.screwfix.com/c/electrical-lighting/insulation-tape/cat850122
Thank you Theo457 I will get some for my Drawer of Vape tools.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have decided to just buy another pink baby beast kit then if need be I will have parts, Coated pliers and add the electrical tape.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found that out also lol I also think somehow over time the coil gets tighter over the time of use, Of course this is just my opinion lol. Kinda temperamental baby beast . I have coils now some I can play with cloud beast for several days and she how that tank reacts. And my theory could be wrong.

VU Sponsors