Become a Patron!

Baby beast

Hey, I have a baby beast tank and I find that I can't use 70vg 30pg liquid as it tastes burnt. People have said that I need to use something with more pg but all the flavours that I like, like dinner lady, I can't vape. I have also had an innokin kroma and a spirals tank, and I had the same problem. I know with the baby beast you can get plenty of different coils, I'm wondering if I need a different type?
Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've used same ratio in bbb/same coils, no problems.
Are you priming and breaking in the coil correctly?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey, I have a baby beast tank and I find that I can't use 70vg 30pg liquid as it tastes burnt. People have said that I need to use something with more pg but all the flavours that I like, like dinner lady, I can't vape. I have also had an innokin kroma and a spirals tank, and I had the same problem. I know with the baby beast you can get plenty of different coils, I'm wondering if I need a different type?
Cheers.

Pre made smok coils are always a crap shoot as to whether you are going to get a good one or not. I always use the rba for the baby beast and only 70/30 juice. No problems with dry hits or burnt taste as long as it’s wicked properly and you don’t use too high a wattage for the coil.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Lowe
Cheers.

Lowering the VG leads to immense leakage in most smok tanks since they are not designed for thin juices. Depending on the wattage you vaping at you will even burn them out faster, since thinner juice is meant to leave wicking rather quickly in comparison to higher VG. That's just my experience with them so, I do think just as vape fan mentioned, that your coils might not be primed correctly or you are at a higher wattage.

Do keep in mind tho, commercial juices are extremely sweet, dinner lady is a coil killer and you will have to exchange these coils more often.

I've used same ratio in bbb/same coils, no problems.
Are you priming and breaking in the coil correctly?
Always make sure I prime them enough, I've even left them soaking overnight before vaping. When I do vape a 60pg 40vg ratio, I find I don't get that burnt taste. And I try to creep up in wattage slowly so that I don't burn them out. I'm on a 0.4 coil that's 40-80w and I'm on 55w right now, I have a 60pg in the right now and it's fine, maybe I should try a 70vg now that I know my coil is defo primed and I'm already at 55w?

Lowe

Lowering the VG leads to immense leakage in most smok tanks since they are not designed for thin juices. Depending on the wattage you vaping at you will even burn them out faster, since thinner juice is meant to leave wicking rather quickly in comparison to higher VG. That's just my experience with them so, I do think just as vape fan mentioned, that your coils might not be primed correctly or you are at a higher wattage.

Do keep in mind tho, commercial juices are extremely sweet, dinner lady is a coil killer and you will have to exchange these coils more often.
I want to vape 70vg 30pg but I just get a burnt taste. And 60pg 40vg works well, it's just not the right flavour that I crave...e.g. dinner lady lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
@55w the .4 won't last as long as it did for me @40. If thats working for you, great. If going higher in wattage make sure you have the right batteries .

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
Cheers.

I have several Baby Beast tanks, and I use the SMOK M2 0.25 ohm coils and vape them at about 45 watts. I only use 65/35 juice, I don't get burned hits ever, and my coils last a long time (couple of months). The M2 is also SMOKs designated Stick coil. Obviously, they have a lot of coils to choose from, but the M2 in my Baby tank with 65/35 juice gives me a good smoke, long life, and I never get a burned hit.

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
I too have never had this problem with the Baby Beast coils not being able to wick high VG juices,admittedly they don't like sweet eliquid but what coil does. I have never tried Dinner Lady so I don't know if it has a strong flavour but if it has you could try mixing it with a little PG just to thin it out a bit. I have heard that some people prick the sides of the coils cotton with a pin but not too much or it will leak. Sorry I can't be of more help.
I'm thinking of getting the RBA but I have the EU 2ml version and it's hard to find except for one kit on Amazon.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pre made smok coils are always a crap shoot as to whether you are going to get a good one or not.
Fake news. I rarely get a bad Smok coil. People just don't know how to use them.

Hey, I have a baby beast tank and I find that I can't use 70vg 30pg liquid as it tastes burnt.

I use the same .4 Q2 coils. You would be better off vaping them at 50W. The higher wattage you use them, the faster they will burn out. I use 70/30 in all of mine with no problems.

VU Sponsors