Become a Patron!

Back to vaping...

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi all I started vaping ~5-6 years ago with a JoyeTech 510. Soon after they released the eGo and I ordered a bunch for China. They were great little units at the time, I completely cut nicotine and eventually quit vaping. Well, that lasted for about 6 months (just long enough for me to decide to not take my equipment with me in a move). And I started back with analogue cigarettes; About 5 months ago I tried to step back to vaping, I purchased two units from Kanger, the subvod pen followed by a Cupti. I always had problems with the Cupti flooding and never could find a flavor locally that I liked. A few months have gone by and I went to see if could get a fresh CLOCC coil for the cupti and maybe find a juice while I waited for my old standard to be delivered from Tasty Vapor; Butter Rum.
Well no shop I stopped at carried the CLOCC any more and I ended up splurging and buying a Asmodus Minikin 2 and a Aspire Cleito 120. I also found a juice!!!!! Marlin Steam; Adrift, a nice tasty butter rum with a splash of chocolate.
Now I have this beast of a machine, and I am still used to old tech and have no idea what to do with all of these options. Apparently they now call the devices 'mods' even though they are mass produced (confusing), I am liking curve, I have not figured out using temp, or that tcr or tfr are yet. Also what is the point of a puff counter or limiter?

So, Looking forward to meeting great people on this forum and diving into the wild world that is now cloud chasing and flavor chasing. I'm more of a flavor person, and need to figure out how to use this Asmodus for flavor as most people at the shops seem interested in massive clouds.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU Sporkdroid! Glad to see you pursuing to get back off the analog sticks. Looking over the hardware that you purchased, it looks like you definitely have something better than your average "starter" setup.

The Aspire Cleito 120 tank (atty) is a good performing tank, for flavor or "cloud chasing". That tank also has an RTA available for it if you wanted to get into building custom coils for it.
Here is a good youtube video on that tank.

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU Sporkdroid! Glad to see you pursuing to get back off the analog sticks. Looking over the hardware that you purchased, it looks like you definitely have something better than your average "starter" setup.

The Aspire Cleito 120 tank (atty) is a good performing tank, for flavor or "cloud chasing". That tank also has an RTA available for it if you wanted to get into building custom coils for it.
Here is a good youtube video on that tank.

Awesome! I may need to get the RTA. Thanks for sharing.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome! I may need to get the RTA. Thanks for sharing.
I don't have that specific tank, but I have similar tanks that have the purchased coil and an RTA available. I no longer purchase coils for them due to their cost. I only purchase the RTA. I can build my own coils and wick them at a 1/16th of the cost.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi all I started vaping ~5-6 years ago with a JoyeTech 510. Soon after they released the eGo and I ordered a bunch for China. They were great little units at the time, I completely cut nicotine and eventually quit vaping. Well, that lasted for about 6 months (just long enough for me to decide to not take my equipment with me in a move). And I started back with analogue cigarettes; About 5 months ago I tried to step back to vaping, I purchased two units from Kanger, the subvod pen followed by a Cupti. I always had problems with the Cupti flooding and never could find a flavor locally that I liked. A few months have gone by and I went to see if could get a fresh CLOCC coil for the cupti and maybe find a juice while I waited for my old standard to be delivered from Tasty Vapor; Butter Rum.
Well no shop I stopped at carried the CLOCC any more and I ended up splurging and buying a Asmodus Minikin 2 and a Aspire Cleito 120. I also found a juice!!!!! Marlin Steam; Adrift, a nice tasty butter rum with a splash of chocolate.
Now I have this beast of a machine, and I am still used to old tech and have no idea what to do with all of these options. Apparently they now call the devices 'mods' even though they are mass produced (confusing), I am liking curve, I have not figured out using temp, or that tcr or tfr are yet. Also what is the point of a puff counter or limiter?

So, Looking forward to meeting great people on this forum and diving into the wild world that is now cloud chasing and flavor chasing. I'm more of a flavor person, and need to figure out how to use this Asmodus for flavor as most people at the shops seem interested in massive clouds.

Just goes to show you... eliminating nicotine entirely, and/or quitting vaping, are GREAT ways to go back to smoking. :)

Andria

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks all for the warm welcome to this refugee. ;) Now to complete my set-up I need a battery charge and some spare battery. I am also looking at getting the Cleito 120 RTA. Couple questions; Battery Charger -
Nitecore sc2? or is there something better?
Batteries - Sourcemore.com has Sony VTC5's are they real? is this a good site? (it has all three things I want)
Cleito 120 RTA - I want to try this on a single coil set up, I am currently drinking my juice. :vino:

Cheers!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all for the warm welcome to this refugee. ;) Now to complete my set-up I need a battery charge and some spare battery. I am also looking at getting the Cleito 120 RTA. Couple questions; Battery Charger -
Batteries - Sourcemore.com has Sony VTC5's are they real? is this a good site? (it has all three things I want)
Cleito 120 RTA - I want to try this on a single coil set up, I am currently drinking my juice. :vino:

Cheers!

I dunno if I'd trust any VTC5's, I heard a LONG time back that they were going byebye. If you want good, safe, LEGITIMATE batteries for excellent prices, stick with https://liionwholesale.com/ and https://www.illumn.com/ -- for a great, safe charger that's reliable, low-rpriced, and also has free shipping, stick with Xtar, whose URL seems to have changed to https://www.lumensdirect.com/ -- weird, it used to be xtardirect.com.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cheers!
IMR has a good price on VTC5's, I bought 26 yesterday, $5.50 each https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vtc5-18650-2600mah-30a-flat-top-battery/

They have decent battery chargers too...personally I like Nitecore....haven't had a problem with two four cell bank chargers in over 2 years, using daily.

VU Sponsors