Become a Patron!

Bad Air Flow

I have been vaping for about 2 years now and within the last month or so I have got where I am building my own coils. I haven't got the big mod yet or upgraded like that which I will be soon so for right now I have been rebuilding my tanks that go on my EVOD and dream vapors. I am using the kanthal 32 ga and organic cotton for wick but I notice that the air flow is like restricted when iam pulling where as when I would get a new tank or coil from store it was a nice air flow when pulling I still produce vap but just real restricted feeling any suggestions on why and how I can open it up again. Thanks.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is this an evod tank or evod battery?

You might be using too much cotton. I had this issue when I started building my own. I was so surprised how little it takes. Depending on the tank, you could drill out the air holes a bit more, too. I recently did this on my protank base.

thanks I try not to use to much cotton but maybe I need to use even less I have two tiny little air holes at bottom of tank I had though about drilling them out some.

just be glad when I can finally get my mod and a drip tip coil builds will be so much easier and mad vap. I haven't decided yet which way to go mechanical, chip, or hybrid

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You'll know if you have too little cotton. Took me forever to figure out the amount to use. I ended up going with cotton yarn. Pretty much removed the guess work. I was using Sugar and Cream from Hobby Lobby.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
just be glad when I can finally get my mod and a drip tip coil builds will be so much easier and mad vap. I haven't decided yet which way to go mechanical, chip, or hybrid
I won't be any help there, lol. I use ego types and an MVP.

If I understand correctly, with a hybrid, you work with the dripper/tank attached to it and that's it. With a mech, you can put any dripper or tank you choose on it. I'm lost at chips. I get those from a bag :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's odd, I didn't have that issue back in the day when the protank came out and I was rebuilding those coils.
Maybe try less wick and smaller coil? If air flow is more restricted you must have more wick blocking the air path than stock.

A purpose designed rebuildable is sooooo much easier to build on. Go to fasttech and check out some of the rebuildable tanks that you can get for around $10. You will be much happier. Kayfun lite v2 is a solid pick and there are a ton of other ones too. Spend the extra $1 and ship with usps express ePacket china. Anything with a battery in it will take a month or more... ship that separate from the rest of your order.
Guess you will need a mod for that atty too if all you have is a ego style battery(?) but you can find a regulated box mod or stick mod for cheap there too.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If I understand correctly, with a hybrid, you work with the dripper/tank attached to it and that's it. With a mech, you can put any dripper or tank you choose on it. I'm lost at chips. I get those from a bag :)

Yeah, the hybrids are a one atomizer only setup. Get a normal mod with a 510 connection so you can chose from tons of different atty's.

I too get my chips from a bag, haven't caught up with the chipped box peeps yet :D
Still old school with a metal tube and flashlight battery :cool:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'll know if you have too little cotton. Took me forever to figure out the amount to use. I ended up going with cotton yarn. Pretty much removed the guess work. I was using Sugar and Cream from Hobby Lobby.

Yup, "sugar and cream " or " peaches and cream " work well .

I started on an MVP and then tried other more powerful mods , to be honest , i still use my MVP's the most , it always provides a great vape , very reliable as well .

VU Sponsors