VapesXO

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm having trouble with my connection.
My mod is an iStick 20W and my atty is a Kayfun V4 by Tobeco.

The issue is that I can't get a stable connection between the mod and the atty.
When I screw the atty onto the mod, the ohm reading will jump around, or not register at all.

I've tried adjusting the pin on the atty, but it doesn't seem to be working very well.
I don't know if this is an issue with the atty or with the mod.
I'm inclined to think it's the pin in the atty, as my Mini Nautilus works just fine on the mod.
The Mini Nautilus has a spring-loaded pin though; the Kayfun doesn't.

Is there anything I can do or buy to solve this issue?
I thought maybe buying a new pin for the atty would work, but can't find any anywhere...

EDIT: Now I think it actually is the connector in my mod, as my Mini Nautilus is having connection issues now too.
I guess it's time to send an email to Eleaf / iSmoka for assistance.
Good thing the new iStick 50W that I'm thinking of getting has a spring-loaded 510 connector.

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
resistance can change a bit as a coil is heating up and cooling down but it shouldn't change more than .1 with a kanthal coil. You might have a connection issue with your pin or your coil leads could be loose or touching metal in a weird way causing resistance issues....I don't have a V4 yet but with the double screws on a single coil build I'd bet that if one lead is touching a screw it's not trapped under it would make it read weird...like I said I don't have a kayfun V4 but 90 percent of the time when I have a problem with my atty it's one of the screw leads that has backed itself out a little from rewicking or use or whatever and even though it's only a hair of a turn it can cause issues. I've also had RDA's that had 510 center pin screws that seemed tight but an extra quarter turn and all of a sudden my mech button stopped getting warm. Just some food for thought. Sorry your Kayfun and Istick is acting weird...usually that's two solid pieces of hardware

VapesXO

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@[USER]madmonkey[/USER]: I'm thinking it's definitely an issue with the connector of the iStick.
Initially I was only having issues when connecting my Kayfun, but now I have issues with my Mini Nautilus too.

What happens is that the resistance will jump around as you tap on the side of the tank, tilt the whole setup, etc.
The numbers will vary from 0.0 all the way up to as high as the iStick will support (3.0 or something, I think).

At first I thought it was a bad 510 pin in the Kayfun, because the Mini Nautilus didn't have any issues.
Now, however, I'm having the same issue with both atomizers. Surely it's not that both of them are broken...

It's got to be a problem with the connector in the iStick.
I've read that they can be easily messed up if you overtighten an atty, which I may have done. :oops:

So, I sent an email to Eleaf / iSmoka to see if there's a warranty that can fix this.
I plan to buy the new iStick 50W soon anyways, but want my 20W to be working too.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sucks. Sorry to hear that

VapesXO

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, man. Hopefully it all gets worked out by Eleaf.

VU Sponsors