Become a Patron!

Bad Luc V4?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have probably used this charger in the thousands of times. No, often After a few minutes of charging it will flash the entire display. Of course ceasing to charge. I think this signifies an "error message" from it.

It does not always do this. When it does if I unplug/replug it works fine for a while. This is completely at random.
Of course battery safety is no joke and it will do this with a number of batteries and different slots occupied.

Is there an easy fix for this or should I throw it away?

If I toss it of course I will cut the cord.

Thank you

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'd say it's about a 50% chance that replacing the power brick/cord with a similar one (voltage of 12V and current of 2A or more) will fix it, but it's also possible that that's not the problem. I'd recommend just getting a whole new charger, sounds like this one has lived its life.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I will test the power pack with my multimeter. it works 8 times out of 10. Then a couple of times it will go into "error" mode. I was just concerned if it ends up failing to shut off. They are not that expensive too bet myself and home on it so I will just get another. I have 3 and a pila anyways. I don't even really need to replace it in fact. It is just as you know at 2 Amps you can only charge 2 batteries at a time.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This had been happening on one unit for a month or so. Now 3 other units are doing it very randomly as well. Now a Pila goes into "error". Interestingly this is all with the same batteries but 16 of them. So I bet first it is the batteries and if not, possibly my wall outlet. I have a feeling it is the batteries and they are fakes. They would be very hard to tell if they are. If 16 batteries are the cause of this something is up. They all are only 2 Months old. I could see 1 or 2 bad ones in a case. Now I need to troubleshoot this as I doubt all my chargers went bad. It started happening more and then for the first time on other chargers. So I doubt it is the chargers.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Truthfully, this sounds like an issue with the outlet you're using and perhaps the breaker it's connected to. I ended up with a fried charger after a storm and a power surge, forgot to unplug it. Have you tried plugging them into another outlet? (You may have stated this and I missed it. If that's the case, I'm sorry.)

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was guessing batteries. They were going on the chargers at 2.97V Now 3.3V. Power is bad here in the middle of nowhere 75% of the time rely on generators. There have been some bad power instances lately. That could have very well been it. I should have had these on a surge protector. Darn that blows. I will try another outlet. Thanks

VU Sponsors