Become a Patron!

Bad news for Wismec Predator!

ItsHaiku

Member For 4 Years
So I was watchin youtube vids for rba stuff out of nowhere I seen this vid. Now, I probably buy Smok Alien box mod itself not a fan of Smok tanks cuz gotta vape 100+W. Is there any box mods similar to Alien and Predator box mods? S/O to DJLsbVapes

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I was watchin youtube vids for rba stuff out of nowhere I seen this vid. Now, I probably buy Smok Alien box mod itself not a fan of Smok tanks cuz gotta vape 100+W. Is there any box mods similar to Alien and Predator box mods?

Check out these two. Two of my current favorite dual 18650 mods.

Smoant Battlestar Mod
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/317231/

Ipv Vesta
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/314906/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I was watchin youtube vids for rba stuff out of nowhere I seen this vid. Now, I probably buy Smok Alien box mod itself not a fan of Smok tanks cuz gotta vape 100+W. Is there any box mods similar to Alien and Predator box mods?

There are two separate threads on VU started the last day or two where the whole 510 is popping off of the Alien and I've heard of others

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use squonkers, but....the two iJoy Lux 26650 mods I have worked flawlessly for months. The battery life is incredible using two 26650 iJoy batteries.

Have a shitload of chinese junk in the stockpile, but haven't used any of the mods yet.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am holding on to Good vibes about this, Someone will have a fix if we are patient and our Predators will be saved. Personally I love my two Predator Mods they are perfect with my Hands and I love the way they fire with that side Bar. Mean while just be gentle....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fairly soon with the FDA rules coming into play, one better have a few mods which MIGHT last longer than the warranty, usually 30 days. Best to buy a few mods at a higher price point then be stuck with a pile of scrap-iron in a never short period of time.

CircusClowd

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out the IPV8 I have had the IPV400 since july of last year and it has performed great until a week ago when it started autofiring

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My predator has performed flawlessly thus far... although it hasn't been dropped yet either.

Check out the IPV8 I have had the IPV400 since july of last year and it has performed great until a week ago when it started autofiring

There are two separate threads on VU started the last day or two where the whole 510 is popping off of the Alien and I've heard of others
:facepalm:

Or better yet, spend a few extra bucks and get something fairly decent. 99.0% of the chinese junk is just that, chinese JUNK.

Really don't get why some people are practically stupefied that Reos mods is still in business and still selling out mechanical squonkers. "That's too expensive... Ick - it's a mechanical..." Yeah, how's that going in the other direction working out for ya?

You buy something like a Reo and you only have to buy it once. Run it over with a car, drop it from a second floor window - do whatever. Pick it up and just use it again. FDA proof.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hcigar vt 133

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I can't recall a DNA200 mod that has been sent back for repairs more than the VT133, at least evolv will repair them but some people have had to return it multiple times. Maybe it has to do with the reverse polarity board hcigar adds, not sure but it seems like the VT133 is one of the least reliable DNA mods.

A DNA mod is not a bad recommendation though. For the price of a DNA mod I would rather have 2 Smoant Battlestars, 1 to use and the other to keep stashed as a back up. I haven't seen any failures with that mod and it is only $40 and works really well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't recall a DNA200 mod that has been sent back for repairs more than the VT133, at least evolv will repair them but some people have had to return it multiple times. Maybe it has to do with the reverse polarity board hcigar adds, not sure but it seems like the VT133 is one of the least reliable DNA mods.

A DNA mod is not a bad recommendation though. For the price of a DNA mod I would rather have 2 Smoant Battlestars, 1 to use and the other to keep stashed as a back up. I haven't seen any failures with that mod and it is only $40 and works really well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I've had mine since it came out and it's never been repaired. It is a solid mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to tell you. I do understand that there are problems out there. I myself haven't had any issues with anything. Maybe because I'm a mechanical person and don't overtighten or cross thread things. I've always said vaping takes a bit of mechanical knowledge and not everyone has that. However people can learn ! This forum is a perfect example. Lots of great people and info here. As far as dropping something........it happens and I would expect something glass and plastic to break. If it don't lucky you ! I also know not everyone has lots of money to spend on mods but lets face it. If you get a year out of something that costs $30 - $50 you did good. Does your vacuum last forever, no it breaks and you have to buy a new one. Your car breaks and need maintenance. No different with vaping gear. Are some mods better than others ? Yes ! That's why for me I always do research on something and try to learn everything about it. Some of you get that I'm sure lol. If your the technical person in your household you get the joy of figuring everything out, setting it up and learning how to use it while the rest of the family takes minimal effort and reaps the fruits of your hard labor LMAO ! It's true right ? Lets face it, the Chinese have never been known for their original designs and great build quality. Unfortunately most of the vaping gear is made there. Sometimes I have to say less is more. I've been using a vape pen 22 by SMOK as my carry around in the pocket mod. It's small, has great flavor, blows clouds and there's nothing to do but turn it off and on, simple and convenient. Works as good as any mod out there ! If it breaks no big deal costs around $24.00. Reminds me of when I used to use the Atlantis tank and the CF Sub Ohm battery. Ah the good old days lol. Enough of my thoughts. Have a good day everyone and hope you all find what works best for you. We all have one big thing in common.........To stay off ciggs and not pay all of those taxes the government reaps on them and live longer and healthier !!

VU Sponsors