Become a Patron!

Banana diy help

Hey everyone. I've been trying to make a good banana recipe but no matter what I try I get a really bad chemical taste and I don't taste any banana. I've tried 40 pg 60 vg and I'm mixing bav cream @around 5% banana ripe (tfa) at anywhere from 1- 10% and Graham cracker (tfa) at 3%. My nic is 3 mg and nic strength is 36. I've tried Capella banana with same results. I love banana and would like any tips you may have.... I'm new at diy. Any help would be great

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is this even after you've let it sit a while, or straight after mixing?

Also, moving this to the DIY area, for more input. I've not used the TFA Banana Ripe.

Hey thanks for the quick response ya I try it right away and then let it sit with the lid off for a couple days and not much difference. I've added 3-5 drops of EM but still no difference

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've not used the TFA Banana Ripe

Same here never tried tfa banana ripe but have found some tfa flavours are a little touch and go. Personally go through a lot of Fa Banana,,love that stuff!

around 5% banana ripe (tfa) at anywhere from 1- 10%

10 % for a single flavour might be way too much. If you over do a single flavour it can give you a chemical taste. Try a process of elimination start with just 3% Graham cracker or lower and 1 % off either banana do you still have a chemical taste? Then let it steep if you still have the chemical taste you could make some unflavoured juice at the desired vg/pg / nic levels. If the taste remains then there is some thing else wrong not your favourings. If not then it might be the tfa banana is not a great flavour! Or you are still using to much,, perhaps .5% banana might be better! Not uncommon for me to have just .2% of a flavour in a recipe.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey thanks for the quick response ya I try it right away and then let it sit with the lid off for a couple days and not much difference. I've added 3-5 drops of EM but still no difference
Don't use too much EM, that can kill your flavoring. Some flavors do have that chemical taste to them, but it'll fade out eventually. Put the caps back on, leave them a couple days, shake them really well, too.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I second the FA banana it is a far better banana flavor you might give it a try.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey everyone. I've been trying to make a good banana recipe but no matter what I try I get a really bad chemical taste and I don't taste any banana. I've tried 40 pg 60 vg and I'm mixing bav cream @around 5% banana ripe (tfa) at anywhere from 1- 10% and Graham cracker (tfa) at 3%. My nic is 3 mg and nic strength is 36. I've tried Capella banana with same results. I love banana and would like any tips you may have.... I'm new at diy. Any help would be great

Try the Banana Ripe at 1% as it's pretty strong IMO.
You can add 1% CAP to this also as mixing different brands can help sometimes.
But I think I like the flavor of TFA Banana Cream better than Banana Ripe.

The TFA Bavarian Cream can get weird tasting so I'd drop it just to test the Bananas, (or use way less).
I actually prefer CAP Bavarian but only use like 1-2% sometimes.
TFA Dairy Milk might work better with the Banana IMO.

Try the Banana Ripe at 1% as it's pretty strong IMO.
You can add 1% CAP to this also as mixing different brands can help sometimes.
But I think I like the flavor of TFA Banana Cream better than Banana Ripe.

The TFA Bavarian Cream can get weird tasting so I'd drop it just to test the Bananas, (or use way less).
I actually prefer CAP Bavarian but only use like 1-2% sometimes.
TFA Dairy Milk might work better with the Banana IMO.
Thanks for the great tips!! I will try

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is my top banana mix right now, still a work in progress...
254f0ee91dd3fdb941a8e2986d1d971b.jpg

im mixing today and will lose fresh cream completely as its too creamy and maybe drop vanilla by half and up the banana by 1%.... thats how ita going down today... only pg i use is from the flavors. Banana flavor is always there though, im hoping it will pop a little more today... oh yeah this is shake n vape but will crispen a little (vanilla will come out more) after a couple of days.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, definity better...
dd9b823081a9c1d1223bc737b4c43ab7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors