Become a Patron!

bars banning e cigs

How many of u guys have seen this my go to spot baned them b/c they kept having to kick people with dry herb attachments on their egos out

Vape_geek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know my local bar banned ecigs but not because of the dry herb attachments.

they banned them due to too many people blowing huge clouds with subohm setups. I love my subohm setup but use a much more modest setup when in public places to not piss people off.

I can see how giant clouds can be very annoying to non vaping patrons.

Chris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can respect a business, whatever type of business it is, making their own choice. What I can't respect is the local or state governments making that choice for them. I also hate how vaping is getting a black eye in the community because of people taking things too far.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. :)

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
You can always stealth Vape, but we are seeing the beginning of a LONG road of a few jerks ruining it for the rest of us. My big concern is places that WON'T LET YOU BRING YOUR VAPE IN while smokers can still bring their smokes and lighters...

Melvins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here in Minnesota after a long but victorious battle with the MN Legislature this past session it was left up to the establishments to decide.
I've had to go and discuss with other vapers the finer points of vaping etiquette, which is to say that if they're insistent on cloud chasing in public would they please blow their clouds at the floor where it's less noticeable/invasive to non-vapers and dissipates quickly.
A little interaction goes a long way and most are receptive to it.
Most have bought me a beer afterwards too.

My local bar is non-smoking until 9pm. Vaping is allowed prior to 9pm but the owner simply requests some discretion and respect from the vapers. Another bar that I frequent is totally non-smoking but the owner does allow respectful vaping. As long as we (vapers) can keep ourselves in check, many proprietors don't mind. I highly encourage people to talk to the owners / managers of these establishments and before blowing clouds all over the place. Most people are pretty reasonable if approached properly. I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble for dry herb vapes in my area, yet. I'm sure all it will take is for one ass to get busted and then the hammer will fall. I will also add that I hang out in pretty tame bars geared towards a middle-aged crowd.

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
I always make it known immediately (before ordering a drink) that we are vapers. Sometimes the establishment is totally cool with it, and then a crowd of d-bags comes in and they're MAD because they can't smoke in the bar when we are "smoking". Sometimes this gets ugly, and results in chugging our drinks and leaving angry, but the bar owners are NOT happy to see money walking out the door.

We once had a local bar come in the Vapor Trail shop and give us comps for free drinks and bowling because of a bad experience with d-bag drunks...

I always make it known immediately (before ordering a drink) that we are vapers. Sometimes the establishment is totally cool with it, and then a crowd of d-bags comes in and they're MAD because they can't smoke in the bar when we are "smoking". Sometimes this gets ugly, and results in chugging our drinks and leaving angry, but the bar owners are NOT happy to see money walking out the door.

We once had a local bar come in the Vapor Trail shop and give us comps for free drinks and bowling because of a bad experience with d-bag drunks...

The first bar that I mentioned is sort of an odd situation but they all know how to handle themselves and their customers... It's a 'Cheers' sort of place. Some of the bartenders vape, the owner smokes but tried vaping for a while, they sell eVo brand ecigs and juice from behind the bar and the owner/employees of the most established local B&M hang out there on a regular basis. I've never seen a problem with their 9pm transition to a smoking establishment. They also have an excellent air handling system. I take my kids in there for lunch sometimes and you don't get the stale smoke smell like you would expect. Even my wife who is very sensitive to cig smoke doesn't mind sitting at the bar during smoking hours as long as she's not sitting right next to someone who smoking. It's amazing how with a little fore-thought and investment by the owners combined with courtesy and respect from the clients can result in a situation where everyone is pretty happy.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't know if it's because I'm from WA, but no. I haven't been kicked out because dry herb people took advantage. There are some bars that just don't allow it. I always ask first. Vaping has spread pretty well now, so a good amount of people know what it is and allow it.

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Thank god smoking is banned indoors in NY state...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Matter of fact, I'd rather go outside to Vape than have people smoking. Then again, I used to go outside to smoke BEFORE the smoking ban.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know my local bar banned ecigs but not because of the dry herb attachments.

they banned them due to too many people blowing huge clouds with subohm setups. I love my subohm setup but use a much more modest setup when in public places to not piss people off.

I can see how giant clouds can be very annoying to non vaping patrons.

Same here, my local watering hole banned ecigs after a crowd of college kids sat in the booths in the back and created a massive fog bank with cloud chasing setups, I don't mind cloud chasing, but the actions of a few assholes has shutdown vaping at the bar. That's the stuff that gets me pissed off, not the bar owner banning ecigs, but people not being considerate and thinking of the future when they blast massive clouds in a public setting. It gives a bad rep to all vapers.

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
We have a local bar that has a sign up saying "As of May 1st, NY state has banned the use of ecigarettes indoors"

I felt the need to tell them that this is NOT true. NYC has a public places ban, but not the whole state! We are 6-7 hours away from NYC!

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A few can ruin it for everyone. Maybe I'm just old now but if I was in a restaurant with my family and the booth next to me was cloud chasing I would be pissed. People please just use common sense And please blow to the floor. Those few are gonna be the reason to start a law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can always stealth Vape, but we are seeing the beginning of a LONG road of a few jerks ruining it for the rest of us. My big concern is places that WON'T LET YOU BRING YOUR VAPE IN while smokers can still bring their smokes and lighters...
Now that's biased. Never heard that before.

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host

NFL stadiums will not allow you to bring your Vape because you can't use them in the stadiums, and 30,000 people or so walk into every game with cigs and lighters that they ALSO can't use in the stadiums...

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Same story for many local concert venues as well.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
IMHO, there is a time and a place for cloud chasing.
In your own home most certainly.
In your car, of course.
By permission in the homes of friends and relatives.
At a vape meet or vape shop, Duhh!

Other places take a moment to evaluate the situation and consider the wisdom of stealth or moderation.

Case in point, until recently, I was allowed to vape in one of my doctors office. They knew I was doing it and I kept the cloud miniscule. The doctor even approved it as I was not using the analogs.

Then someone else came in and decided to blow clouds. One of them directly into the doctors face.

By By vaping at that office.

We should all act as ambassadors in public.

Done with my soapbox now.

Who's next?

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Actually, MANY local vapeshops are banning cloud chasing around here. Why? I'll never understand but many of them strictly prohibit their employees from using RBAs on the job...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think I heard a local one say it had something to do with the fire marshal?

Perhaps they think where there is vapor there is fire?

tdengsot

Member For 4 Years
My work has now prohibited vaping indoors or in view of customers. Also it had to follow the same guidelines as analog items (10' from any entrance/exit). Some bars in my area don't believe it's the same and allow vaping pretty close to the doorway, then we follow courtesy only.

VU Sponsors