Become a Patron!

Base mixing calc

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw somewhere on the forums here where somebody was asking if there was a calc that would give amounts for flavor base mixing. As I have a scale arriving soon I will be mixing flavor batches of my favorites more often. Thus I thru together an excel sheet to simplify it for me. Thought someone here might like to try it out.
Note I locked the cells that shouldn't be changed but if you want the password let me know.

Uploaded spreadsheet to following link
http://rg.to/file/96eea8a2ecf36ce1d61b04ecbf12ca4d/flavor_mixing.xlsx.html

Last edited:

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the share
No problem. It sure makes things easier for me. I was slow at work yesterday and added a few features to make it more useful for me. I extracted all the flavor and manufacture names from my copy hotrods juice calculator and added them in dropdown boxes to avoid having to type them every time. Like wise for the percentages. Also added a form to add and sort new flavors. Wanted to add a save feature so once a flavor mix has been added you can select it from a list and auto populate the calculator. Unfortunately I left the file on my desktop at work so that will have to wait till next week now. No matter it doesn't look like anybody is interested in this anyway.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have HotRod's calculator. It already does this. Look at one of your recipes in it and hit the "FLAVOR %" button, change it to 100% and you have your base amounts.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have HotRod's calculator. It already does this. Look at one of your recipes in it and hit the "FLAVOR %" button, change it to 100% and you have your base amounts.
Maybe I'm missing something there but all I see is it gives your percents which is fine if your mixing 100 ml. If I wanted to make 28 ml of flavor base how would I calculate that in hotrod's calc to know how much of each flavor to add ?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Change percentage to 100%, click "Apply" exit the pop up window.Then in the recipe window change the "amount to make" to whatever you want. look under the columns ML, Drops, or Grams, whatever you're using.

Remember the original total percentage, I write it in the notes, for when you want to change the percentage back.

Last edited:

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Change percentage to 100%, click "Apply" exit the pop up window.Then in the recipe window change the "amount to make" to whatever you want. look under the columns ML, Drops, or Grams, whatever you're using.

Remember the original total percentage, I write it in the notes, for when you want to change the percentage back.
Absolutely wonderful !!! Thanks alot JNX . Now I really feel stupid !! Oh well I had fun figuring my own out but alas theres nothing better than hotrods calc.

Please ignore this thread. It was written by a retard !!! LOL

Reactions: JXN

VU Sponsors