Become a Patron!

Base Nic Mixture

I am mixing a base 18mg 60/40 (pg/vg) base.

Question is, do I need to mix the base for more than 18mg because when I add it to a 20% flavoring it will dilute the nicotene? Hope I worded this properly, any help greatly appreciated!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Any flavoring you add will of course dilute the nic strength, but whether it's an acceptable final strength is up to you.
some examples to help you decide:

If you mix your nic base to 18mg and use 20% flavoring, the result will have a nic strength of 14.4mg. (18 times 80%)
If you mix your nic base to 18mg and use 10% flavoring, the result will have a nic strength of 16.2mg. (18 times 90%)

If you mix your nic base to 20mg and use 20% flavoring, the result will have a nic strength of 16mg. (20 times 80%)

Does that give you the info you need?

I currently use the 'juice calculator' by Rod Brown. But it doesn't take into account the variance in adding flavors to pre mixed nic base. I will try the others, thanks all

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First, when you're making a batch, you already know how much you want to make. Let's say your batch is 10mL. At 18mg nicotine strength x 10mL batch size is a total of 180mg of nicotine needed. If the nicotine concentrate you use is 100mg/mL then 180 / 100 = 1.8mL needed for your batch which at 20drops/mL is 36 drops. You can then add your flavorings and then top it with your pg/vg ratio. Hope that helps.

VU Sponsors