battaries and SMPL

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i'm having a fitting issue :(

the bore on my SMPL clone is .731" and ripped the wrap on one of my batteries.

is this a wrap issue, or does the bore need to be opened up?

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could of had a slight bump in your wrap, try rewrapping the battery and if it happens again yeah the bore might need opening up

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would assume it was the wrap. I have a piece of electrical tape on all my batteries (to label them) which makes them slightly thicker, and they all fit perfectly fine in my SMPL, even with the tape, so I couldn't imagine the inner bore being too small for just an ordinary wrap.

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yh it could have been the electrical tape got caught and damaged the wrap, try it without electrical tape and if it is still damaging the wrap I would rewrap it, it's simple and easy to do.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
there was a hump in the wrap that tore. i'll be swinging past a shop later, and will see if they have wraps.

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok that will fix your problems tgen

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this is getting interesting.........

i had a couple of Efests that were getting jammed up. the batteries were getting hung up on the anti-counterfeit stickers. once the stickers was removed, the batteries went in easy peasey. this is how tight the bore is on this mech.

not so easy and fast with my "LG" batteries. there seems to be a overly thick seam where the flat wrap was welding into a tube. it is just enough to bind the battery and caused the tear. could i be dealing with a re-wrapped battery???

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could very well be dealing with a re-wrap. I just tried my LG HG2s (3 of them) which have my electrical tape labels on them, and they slid in easy peasy. I also tried my 3x LG HE4s and they all fit too. I'll also state there's no noticble seam on any of them either. I can't post pics off my phone (doesn't wanna cooperate), but I'll post them on Monday at work to show you.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could very well be dealing with a re-wrap. I just tried my LG HG2s (3 of them) which have my electrical tape labels on them, and they slid in easy peasy. I also tried my 3x LG HE4s and they all fit too. I'll also state there's no noticble seam on any of them either. I can't post pics off my phone (doesn't wanna cooperate), but I'll post them on Monday at work to show you.

i'm really starting to think so as well. my cells are branded as LGMJ118650 and have flat tops. liions show this cell to be a button top. wtf???

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
First time I saw that I admit I freaked out "wait wtf are they doing!!" then I saw it was you and figured there was something fishy going on.
You should of saw the Reaction of the guy behind the counter when he was using the drill for building, I pulled them out and tossed one into my Stingray Tube mode and he literally dropped the damn drill and ran towards me yelling lol. I acted like an I had no clue at first just to reel him in some then I told him they were clear wraps. :D

Last edited:

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's those pics I said I'd upload (don't mind the vape bands). As you can see, even with electrical tape labels and whatnot, they still fit in nice and easy.

20160220_2156271.jpg 20160220_215642.jpg 20160220_215702.jpg 20160220_215712.jpg

Something else I just thought about, I have the A-Mod SMPL (Wotofo), but I believe there's another SMPL Clone out there (the one where they even copied the EPIC logo on the firing button, SXK I believe) So maybe they have slightly different ID bores. Check to see which SMPL you have, it may have to do with that. I've never seen an SXK IRL, so I don't know if it has a smaller bore or not, but I have yet to meet someone with an A-Mod that had this issue.

VU Sponsors