Become a Patron!

Batteries and Charging

Cordell42

Member For 1 Year
Just picked up the new Geekvape Aegis legend 200 watts. It takes 2 18650s. The guy at the vape shop gave me 2 Samsung 25r 2500mah. Been charging them wrong for a couple of days( didn't read charger instructions right) so I changed the voltage, now it charges at 3.7 volts. But now the charger (Nitecore i2) says the batteries are fully charged. But my mod says they are only about 60% charged. Did I damage my batts? Do I need to get different batts? Would it hurt to put 18650s that are a higher mah in the mod? Sorry I'm new to mod vapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been charging them wrong for a couple of days( didn't read charger instructions right) so I changed the voltage, now it charges at 3.7 volts.

Exactly how did you charge the batteries wrong?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
4.2V is a fully charged 18650. What charger are you using? Never mind I haven't had enough coffee yet I see it says a Nitecore I2

Cordell42

Member For 1 Year
4.2V is a fully charged 18650. What charger are you using? Never mind I haven't had enough coffee yet I see it says a Nitecore I2

Could I pick up two 18650s with 3000 mah? They would last longer?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok im winging it with your charger
its should be charging to 4.2V that is full charge on a 18650 battery
the 25rs are a good battery
yes you can use any 18650 battery you want BUT you should really only be using good ones form a name brand (samsung,song,LG)

my personal opinion from first to last to get safest and longest lasting
sony VTC5a
Sony VTC6
Samsung 30q
lg hg2

I use some 25rs but they do not last as long as the ones I listed above. All but the VTc5a are 3000mah batteries
testing has shown though the VTC5a under many conditions will last about as long as most 3000mah batteries
the VTC6 outlasts the 30 q by a smidge and the 30q outlasts the hg2 by a smidge

set your charger to 4.2 recharge the batteries, then they should read at 100% in the mod
get a second pair so you always have a set charged

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok im winging it with your charger
its should be charging to 4.2V that is full charge on a 18650 battery
the 25rs are a good battery
yes you can use any 18650 battery you want BUT you should really only be using good ones form a name brand (samsung,song,LG)

my personal opinion from first to last to get safest and longest lasting
sony VTC5a
Sony VTC6
Samsung 30q
lg hg2

I use some 25rs but they do not last as long as the ones I listed above. All but the VTc5a are 3000mah batteries
testing has shown though the VTC5a under many conditions will last about as long as most 3000mah batteries
the VTC6 outlasts the 30 q by a smidge and the 30q outlasts the hg2 by a smidge

set your charger to 4.2 recharge the batteries, then they should read at 100% in the mod
get a second pair so you always have a set charged

oh and if you plan on running your mod only at about 120 watts and up non stop just get the VTC5As with a bit more amp head room they are safest at those wattage setting

Cordell42

Member For 1 Year
oh and if you plan on running your mod only at about 120 watts and up non stop just get the VTC5As with a bit more amp head room they are safest at those wattage setting

Thank you for the advice Matt, much appreciated. Happy vaping

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the advice Matt, much appreciated. Happy vaping
one other thing, there are fakes of all those batteries on the market from time to time. buy from a reputable dealer such as
liionwholesale.com
imrbatteries.com
illum.com

to name a few there are several more

Cordell42

Member For 1 Year
one other thing, there are fakes of all those batteries on the market from time to time. buy from a reputable dealer such as
liionwholesale.com
imrbatteries.com
illum.com

to name a few there are several more

Good to know. I just got the smok prince stick with the TFV12 tank. Would it be okay to use in my aegis? Also is it okay to amp up the watts above what the heads say from time to time for intense flavor and clouds?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok you can basically use any tank you want with the aegis

You can use a coil heads at any wattage you want BUT if you run them too low they many not produce much vapor or flavor, If you run them too high they could burn the cotton, taste burnt, or just be too hot for you.

The idea with the recommendations on a coil head for watts is just an IN GENERAL idea as to where to start, you do need to experiment usually in 5 watt increments until you get about what you like then 1 watt increments to fine tune

Cordell42

Member For 1 Year

You can use a coil heads at any wattage you want BUT if you run them too low they many not produce much vapor or flavor, If you run them too high they could burn the cotton, taste burnt, or just be too hot for you.

The idea with the recommendations on a coil head for watts is just an IN GENERAL idea as to where to start, you do need to experiment usually in 5 watt increments until you get about what you like then 1 watt increments to fine tune

That's what I thought. Just wanted to be safe and make sure

Cordell42

Member For 1 Year

Again, thank you

VU Sponsors