Become a Patron!

Batteries concern

hello guys i am new here . Been searching for answers in the net but seems most of them are quite "outdated" . Lately I've been seeing many batteries that goes with 3000mAh 40A n so on . And some of the sellers even claim that thoose batteries are trustable . I am worried that people get conned and vape it on a unregulated mod at low resistance.. i am still currently vaping on sony vtc4 though usually runs on .1 ohm hybrid mech mod. I am from southeast asia by the way

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hello guys i am new here . Been searching for answers in the net but seems most of them are quite "outdated" . Lately I've been seeing many batteries that goes with 3000mAh 40A n so on . And some of the sellers even claim that thoose batteries are trustable . I am worried that people get conned and vape it on a unregulated mod at low resistance.. i am still currently vaping on sony vtc4 though usually runs on .1 ohm hybrid mech mod. I am from southeast asia by the way
these elevated specs are one of two things
* just false
* theoretical burst rate which should never be trusted for low ohm build mech usage
mooch is the respected authority and tests each batter
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/mooch.256958/

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
3000Mah 40 amp does not exist. 3000Mah 20 amp, 25 amp does exist. Buy Samsung or LG or Sony VTC batteries.
I think there's a 26650 with 40 amps and 3000mAh... But I've never seen one in an 18650. I use LG HG2's (brown) personally. But I am tempted by the newer VTC6

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't use them so I never really looked into them too much, could have posting their "pulse ratings" which are bs but like I said I don't have any miss that use 26650 so it was just at a glance that I seen it. It was one listed on liionwholesale though

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Just a heads up...
With a .1 build on a mech you are pulling around 42A at full charge. There are currently no 18650 cells which have a CDR above 30A(nor do we expect to see any). I'd recommend looking at getting some good authentic 30A cells (HB6, HB4, HB2, VTC3) and running closer to .15 and up.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think there's a 26650 with 40 amps and 3000mAh... But I've never seen one in an 18650. I use LG HG2's (brown) personally. But I am tempted by the newer VTC6

HellbillyRJ
The iJoy 26650 claims 40A, but not 40A CDR. Just a stupid marketing ploy, since it's a 30A CDR batt, and that's as good as they get. But I guess they feel they have to pander to morons to sell batteries. Sad.

Just a heads up...
With a .1 build on a mech you are pulling around 42A at full charge. There are currently no 18650 cells which have a CDR above 30A(nor do we expect to see any). I'd recommend looking at getting some good authentic 30A cells (HB6, HB4, HB2, VTC3) and running closer to .15 and up.

thank u and everyone for the answer.
would u recommend a vtc4/6 ? yeah change my build to .2 now lucky me it didnt go off

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I would recommend going with a 30A battery if you plan on building at .2ohms on a mech. Give yourself some headroom as some added protection in the even of an autofire situation.

The VTC4 is a 23A CDR and the VTC6 is rated by Mooch at 19A. In my personal opinion, neither is suitable for a .2ohm build, but if it absolutely MUST be one or the other, then at least the VTC4 is a 23A cell and can handle the 21A that a .2ohm build will draw at full charge.

I would recommend going with a 30A battery if you plan on building at .2ohms on a mech. Give yourself some headroom as some added protection in the even of an autofire situation.

The VTC4 is a 23A CDR and the VTC6 is rated by Mooch at 19A. In my personal opinion, neither is suitable for a .2ohm build, but if it absolutely MUST be one or the other, then at least the VTC4 is a 23A cell and can handle the 21A that a .2ohm build will draw at full charge.
what battery currently has the cdr if 30? i really cant trust my loval vape shop damn ill post some faked spec battery images later

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The LG HB6, LG HB4, LG HB2 and the VTC3 all have 30A CDR by Moochs ratings and his battery chart. For reference here is the chart....

img_4813-jpg.643937

Please use this chart for all battery selection purposes. Mooch takes great care in testing the cells we use and providing us with reliable information on safe CDRs for the cells we use.

Note at the bottom that he's included some trusted vendors. I highly recommend you buy your batteries from those sites only. Please note that buying from trusted vendors does not guarantee that you will never encounter fake cells but they RARELY get through with these vendors. The trusted vendors take greater care in identifying fakes and notifying the consumer and making it right by replacing the cells or providing refunds or credits.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
what battery currently has the cdr if 30? i really cant trust my loval vape shop damn ill post some faked spec battery images later
You can build .2 just fine with the sony vtc5a batts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors