Become a Patron!

Batteries for Minikin v2 with 0.4ohm dual coil (AKA what wattage am I likely to run this at?)

brittlebone_echoes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First box mod, upgrade from my Smok stick V8 baby. I'll be running it with the Vandy Vape Kylin v2 tank, and a pair of staggered fused clapton 0.4ohm coils.

The problem is, I have no idea what wattage I'll be vaping at, so I'm not sure what batteries to go for. I've already found this excellent post by IMFire3605, and their thread on batteries, but that only helps if I have a ballpark wattage for my vaping.

With 0.4ohm coils in this tank, looking for a relaxing vape with good flavour, not looking to push the kit to it's limit or turn a room into a scene from Wuthering Heights, can I be pretty safe getting batteries suited for sub 120w vaping? I just can't quite get my head around how my coils are going to impact the preferred/necessary wattage (other than low resistance means more power needed)

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First box mod, upgrade from my Smok stick V8 baby. I'll be running it with the Vandy Vape Kylin v2 tank, and a pair of staggered fused clapton 0.4ohm coils.

The problem is, I have no idea what wattage I'll be vaping at, so I'm not sure what batteries to go for. I've already found this excellent post by IMFire3605, and their thread on batteries, but that only helps if I have a ballpark wattage for my vaping.

With 0.4ohm coils in this tank, looking for a relaxing vape with good flavour, not looking to push the kit to it's limit or turn a room into a scene from Wuthering Heights, can I be pretty safe getting batteries suited for sub 120w vaping? I just can't quite get my head around how my coils are going to impact the preferred/necessary wattage (other than low resistance means more power needed)
I would definitely recommend diggin in some battery info like stated above. Battery Mooch is an amazing guy that tests batteries for vapers. He also just started his YouTube. He has charts on all batteries he tests and updates it weekly if not sooner.
Just a heads up I purchased from IMR some Sony vtc5a’s and I was not aware until I was going through Mooch’s instagram that somehow the batteries, Sony VTC5A with a Made in China sticker, from IMR were tested and the performance was lower than the older version of the same battery. I know somewhere he tells you places that he recommends to purchase batteries from. Because there are a ton of places that will sell fake and phony batteries.
What it boils down to just make sure you know the batteries you ur using and only buy them from a reputable source. Hope this helped a smigg

VU Sponsors