Become a Patron!

Batteries for Wismec RX gen 3

runxdancexfly

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Friends!

I want to get the gen 3 kit that comes with the gnome sub-ohm tank. I know this has 3 batteries and I know mooch's chart, but I'm used to just my single 26650 that in my vapor flask stout with my aspire cleito. I usually vape 40-65W. My question is what Amp should I be looking at?

Thank you for help in advance!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use LG HG2s in my Gen 3. Those should work just fine for you, especially considering how low of wattage you vape at.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Friends!

I want to get the gen 3 kit that comes with the gnome sub-ohm tank. I know this has 3 batteries and I know mooch's chart, but I'm used to just my single 26650 that in my vapor flask stout with my aspire cleito. I usually vape 40-65W. My question is what Amp should I be looking at?

Thank you for help in advance!
You'd actually be better getting Samsung 30qs if your vaping at that wattage & will get decent battery life cos I think they are 3000mah. Don't need Sony VTC5As or LG HG2s if your vaping that low

runxdancexfly

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'd actually be better getting Samsung 30qs if your vaping at that wattage & will get decent battery life cos I think they are 3000mah. Don't need Sony VTC5As or LG HG2s if your vaping that low

Looks like both they both are 3000 mah, but am I correct in thinking that the samsung 30qs would last longer due to lower Amps of 15A vs the LG HG2 that are at 20A?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like both they both are 3000 mah, but am I correct in thinking that the samsung 30qs would last longer due to lower Amps of 15A vs the LG HG2 that are at 20A?
Not by a great deal but they do yeah, they are my favourite batteries. Most of the time I vape at 70-90 watts an I get two days out of them. I used to use a cloud beast an some Sony VTC5As but for the brief time I tried vaping above 100 watts it was too much for me!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyway I hope you enjoy your mod! I was gonna get this but went with the rx300.
It's freaking massive though haha

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh btw if you ever are in the market for another 26650 battery mod I love my aspire nx100 :)

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

By Mooch's tests of the 3 3000mah models out there, the Samsung 30Q actually holds and sustains 20amps CDR though Samsung rated them at 15amps, the Sony VTC6 rated in at 19amps CDR (again though Sony rated them as 15amp) though holds voltage longer than the other 2, and the LG HG2 rated in at 18amps though rated by LG as 20amp. Either 3 will suit you fine given you low wattage range the amps you are going to be pulling are really very minimal

65watts Set/9.6v Lowest Charge (3.2v X 3 being a series mod)/90% Control Board Efficiency = 7.5231amps

runxdancexfly

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By Mooch's tests of the 3 3000mah models out there, the Samsung 30Q actually holds and sustains 20amps CDR though Samsung rated them at 15amps, the Sony VTC6 rated in at 19amps CDR (again though Sony rated them as 15amp) though holds voltage longer than the other 2, and the LG HG2 rated in at 18amps though rated by LG as 20amp. Either 3 will suit you fine given you low wattage range the amps you are going to be pulling are really very minimal

65watts Set/9.6v Lowest Charge (3.2v X 3 being a series mod)/90% Control Board Efficiency = 7.5231amps

Thank you! I'm loving this community!

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am also looking to get a rx gen 3 might get back in the game been out for a while use to have a boxer mod!! what batteries are good now should i go with vtc5 or vtc6??

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am also looking to get a rx gen 3 might get back in the game been out for a while use to have a boxer mod!! what batteries are good now should i go with vtc5 or vtc6??
Vtc5as are really good batteries. Just make sure you get from a reputable vendor cos lots of fakes going about!

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Over 170W high resistance coil vaping (.2 ohm.15 ohm and .12 ohm) on even an ocassional evening of continuous, even if not chain vaping, would require LG HB6s and not the slightly longer lasting, and stronger wraaper HB4s. They get too hot unfortunately the RX Gen 3 must not have good venting but I'm sure you don't push wattage that high for most of your vaping sessions.

Hey guys, i would like to ask, when i want to use wismec rx gen 3, on 0.12 Resistance (tfv12 - V12-T12 coil). Which batteries should i use for cloud chasing ?

I've got this : Sony VTC5A 2600 mAh (35A) ( i am now on RDTA DeJaVu tank with 120 W +- ).

I would like to have different batteries for cloud chasing and for casual vaping :)

Thanks for advices :)

VU Sponsors