Become a Patron!

Batteries left in mailbox.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I ordered some batteries and they're in the mailbox right now. It's only 1:30pm and I won't have access to the mailbox outside until after 5pm sometime. It's 96 - 100 degrees F outside! Has anyone else had this issue before? I'm hoping they're gonna be okay until I can get them out! What do you all think?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I rather expect that they will be just fine.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"safe" is like "pretty" ;-P
Subjective you mean? I get that lol it's true! Be a damn shame though if I shortened the life of some BRAND NEW HG2s before even charging them for the first time! lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are worrying about your mailbox but you are not taking into account they sat in a truck for a few days at probably twice the temperature of your mailbox for a few hours.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah suppose that's true! I got them now and when I brought them in they were VERY warm. I have them in my air-conditioned room now letting em cool off. So they should be fine?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No you need to put them in this until they come to room temperature to be safe~!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you should find something productive to do with your day other than sit and post stupid arrogant crap from behind your safe little computer screen. Must be nice to not be the one getting bullied in your little safe haven right? Your life must be interesting.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh I am bullying you? You fucking wimp your afraid of the dark too huh? Grow a pair you dumbass sell all your vape gear so you will have nothing to worry about~!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I am bullying you? You fucking wimp your afraid of the dark too huh? Grow a pair you dumbass sell all your vape gear so you will have nothing to worry about~!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5d55a7161e0431d9404aa3e4ae3b17b1/tenor.gif?itemid=5712543
AND has the nerve to break rules on this forum, I seriously see you as just some elitist piece of crap that thinks you understand the world, your opinions mean so little to the world and even less to me. Go find something to do with yourself and stop playing God on a forum about VAPING of all things!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see NO issue with ANY of those posts! They're merely for informational purposes! Rather than just being an elitist wannabe scientist like you are, I like to LEARN about the stuff I'm using! I don't just ASSUME I know everything there is to know like you do. Dead space? It's a real thing, GOOGLE IT! 18650 Shelf Life? ANOTHER valid factor of lithium ion batteries etc. I don't even see what your bitching about? If you have the time to follow and sulk over each and every post I make, YOU have problems dude. Serious ones. If my posts chap your ass that much, ignore my posts, it doesn't change my day.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I see NO issue with ANY of those posts!

I see you are too freaking lazy to do a simple search to find the info, you need it handed to you and need more Meds to alleviate your anxiety.You get told it is fine but still keep going like a 2 year old. Then when some shows you how stupid you sound you get Offended and feel entitled to get you tushy rubbed. Screw that and sell your gear! No reason to worry then.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see you are too freaking lazy to do a simple search to find the info, you need it handed to you and need more Meds to alleviate your anxiety.You get told it is fine but still keep going like a 2 year old. Then when some shows you how stupid you sound you get Offended and feel entitled to get you tushy rubbed. Screw that and sell your gear! No reason to worry then.
Well, all that said, I will continue to post what I want to and your whiny ass isn't gonna stop it. So be as mad as you want bro, my life goes on and I hope you find a way to deal with yourself someday! As for today? Good luck.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me mad and whiny? LMFAO I am just going to sit back and watch as the others come along and tell you how much of an ignorant fool your are with all your worrying. Sell your gear man then you will have no vaping safety concerns.

223z4c.jpg

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me mad and whiny? LMFAO I am just going to sit back and watch as the others come along and tell you how much of an ignorant fool your are with all your worrying. Sell your gear man then you will have no vaping safety concerns.

223z4c.jpg
Ignorant LOL I'm asking questions for general knowledge and the one who "knows it all" calls me "ignorant" LOL do you realize how pretentious and self important you sound?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never said I knew it all asswipe I only said you worry about every freaking thing for no reason. Realistic people have legitimate concerns and don't worry about stupid shit. You worry about your mailbox but you are not concerned about the environment they were in even before they got delivered which is something you should really be concerned with. Maybe order only on the fall or winter month? Oh then you will worry they might have been frozen? So only way for you to be safe is stop vaping.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So you were concerned... Why someone would go on a tirade just to try to put you on blast is beyond me. You're also posting (I assume) because you are excited about new gear. Maybe some people forget what it was/is like to be excited about a hobby after their learning period is over. But clearly he must be having his right now. Flow sucks, I'm told, so he should just go take some midol and check back in with us when the bitch goes away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Excited is not irrational worry over things that have already been answered by Battery suppliers and knowledgeable members. Another butt buddy who jumps in who will find out how foolish they look when they do some reading.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Excited is not irrational worry over things that have already been answered by Battery suppliers and knowledgeable members. Another butt buddy who jumps in who will find out how foolish they look when they do some reading.

How can one look back and feel foolish when they've made no claims? Don't answer, it's rhetorical. I only pointed out what's obvious. The only person who could feel foolish in this instance is the person who, instead of giving someone a simple answer (to a simple question) decided instead to berate them.

Taking the time to yell at someone because what they are asking is "well known" or just to tell them that they should "do some research", not only takes more time to do (than simply answering them) but also provides the answer to who really is the foolish one. I don't know the person that started this thread, but I do know the type of person you are. Be helpful and provide information or just don't comment. If someone asks a question that has been answered a 1,000 times (in the same thread they are asking it in) then link them to it and even explain to them how to search a thread. But doing what you did and just being an overall tool doesn't benefit anyone.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you were concerned... Why someone would go on a tirade just to try to put you on blast is beyond me. You're also posting (I assume) because you are excited about new gear. Maybe some people forget what it was/is like to be excited about a hobby after their learning period is over. But clearly he must be having his right now. Flow sucks, I'm told, so he should just go take some midol and check back in with us when the bitch goes away.

It's true though, I jump between many hobbies and I'm an analytical person, I go all in and wanna know EVERYTHING about a hobby lol vaping is just my latest one ;) Also, thanks for the support man, it's quite refreshing.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's true though, I jump between many hobbies and I'm an analytical person, I go all in and wanna know EVERYTHING about a hobby lol vaping is just my latest one ;) Also, thanks for the support man, it's quite refreshing.
I totally understand and no problem. Seeing that type of shit makes me cringe. I've been a mod on a bunch of different hobby forums and it seems like those types of guys are everywhere. When I see enthusiasm (like yours) and questions being asked, that are obviously genuine in nature, the least our community can do is answer them without acting like a bunch of "God your such a nub" assholes.

People tend to forget when they were newer, which turns a lot of them into people like Steve. Acting like we've always known what we do now isn't just dishonest, it disrespectful to the people that taught us what we now know. I try to always remind myself of those times and respect the people who helped me through the unknown.

I also looked at those other theads in his post (that you created) and it showed me the opposite of what he was saying. Those were honest threads with solid questions (and good people who answered them)

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to ask a ton of questions on here too OP. I think up hypothetical situations and would ask a bunch of questions. Hell, I still do.
I think part of it come from all of the people on here who are so overly concerned with safety and love to tell people they are going to blow their face off and it can make a guy start questioning everything they do around vaping.
Don't worry about Steve, he's our resident asshole. You will learn to like him someday, I have. Try using Google before you ask easy questions though. I know this is a forum, meant for discussions, but for those of us with notifications on it can be kind of a pain when people start threads that could have been answered by Google.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Your questions are welcome always H4X, way I see it ..yeah sometimes google can be your friend but if it’s asked in here and someone searches it it’ll be there for all to see as well

That can never be a bad thing

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys! Yeah I'm very wary of the outside temperatures because I live in a state where the temps get up to 100F and over! Makes me wonder how people stay safe in, say Arizona where they get up to 120F! The 2 major causes of faults is heat and torn wraps, the heat concerns me more than anything as I tend to rewrap as SOON as I see a small nick in the wrapper. I don't take chances with torn wraps because my RX200S has REALLY wide positive contact points! Easily covers the positive AND negative poles on the batteries! Thanks again guys! ;)

Last edited:

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
So, I ordered some batteries and they're in the mailbox right now. It's only 1:30pm and I won't have access to the mailbox outside until after 5pm sometime. It's 96 - 100 degrees F outside! Has anyone else had this issue before? I'm hoping they're gonna be okay until I can get them out! What do you all think?
It is something to think about but they should be fine. The li on cells are pretty tuff. And as others have said you have to think about it. They have been on trucks for days from warehouse to your mailbox. I use lipos a lot and they worry me in my mailbox and I always try to a range someone to get them soon as delivered. Letting them cool off before you charge them is fine. I've been away some time this my first post in over 2 years. This used to be s great site to ask questions. But always those ones try to ruin it for others. Stick it out if your new to vaping congrats.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is something to think about but they should be fine. The li on cells are pretty tuff. And as others have said you have to think about it. They have been on trucks for days from warehouse to your mailbox. I use lipos a lot and they worry me in my mailbox and I always try to a range someone to get them soon as delivered. Letting them cool off before you charge them is fine. I've been away some time this my first post in over 2 years. This used to be s great site to ask questions. But always those ones try to ruin it for others. Stick it out if your new to vaping congrats.

2 years wow! Welcome back! Yeah I was going to get them quickly, but the only person with a key to our mailbox was gone and I forgot to take the key the night before. I was thinking that if a closed up car gets so damn hot in the sun, a metal USPS box is no different. I'm making myself a mail key after this lol And li po packs are even more of a worry! Those things are so freaking powerful but so vile haha

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No one is trying to ruin anything just pointing out every post from this cretin is about his worries, do some fucking reading before you climb on the pussy wagon. Jeez people like this should not even use a freaking cell phone.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMFG my batteries were in my MOD next to the BBQ in the Hot Sun and humidity all day will I be in danger? Will they blow up? Fucking grow a pair already...............

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
2 years wow! Welcome back! Yeah I was going to get them quickly, but the only person with a key to our mailbox was gone and I forgot to take the key the night before. I was thinking that if a closed up car gets so damn hot in the sun, a metal USPS box is no different. I'm making myself a mail key after this lol And li po packs are even more of a worry! Those things are so freaking powerful but so vile haha
If this is in a Post office I wouldn't be worried at all, if its a Box like in a apartment complex in the sun.. Sure A lil worry is fine but they should be fine even if left for hours. Yes Our cars get very hot and I have left my mod sitting in my car in the sun all day while at work.
your right lipos are even more dangerous. Any of these battery's can catch on fire, I was just stating that 18650s type normally don't catch fire as easy as a lipo does. I would rather you be over cautious then not to be worried enough.. Some people scare me with such battery's and how they treat them.. You should try your best not to drop any battery on the floor.
I have used Nicad, Nimh , Lipo, Li ion, battery's for years and years and only ever had a AA Catch on fire Lucky it mostly just smoked. it can happen and everyone should be safe. We don't want anyone to burn down their house. its happened many times with Lipos

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really hope one day the higher ups of this forum see what damage one person can do to this forum, I wonder if new people see threads like this, and are now scared to ask questions because they may get insulted and belittled by one well known bully insulting member, it is good VU isn’t strict on rules, but sometimes too little of rules can be as bad as to many.

VapinVegas01

Member For 4 Years
I used to ask a ton of questions on here too OP. I think up hypothetical situations and would ask a bunch of questions. Hell, I still do.
I think part of it come from all of the people on here who are so overly concerned with safety and love to tell people they are going to blow their face off and it can make a guy start questioning everything they do around vaping.
Don't worry about Steve, he's our resident asshole. You will learn to like him someday, I have. Try using Google before you ask easy questions though. I know this is a forum, meant for discussions, but for those of us with notifications on it can be kind of a pain when people start threads that could have been answered by Google.

Then adjust your notifications. People should be asking whatever vape questions they have. Would be a pretty boring place and little innovation would happen, if all questions were asked only once.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
On a side note, never confuse your batteries with your suppositories.

The 18650's aren't that bad but the 26650's are absolute HELL

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Over 130° you start to affect the life, capacity and discharge rate. You should be good unless the mailbox is black and in direct sunlight. Even then, that's where it starts to degrade so any damage, if there is, is probably not noticable after a few hours at 130°.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Over 130° you start to affect the life, capacity and discharge rate. You should be good unless the mailbox is black and in direct sunlight. Even then, that's where it starts to degrade so any damage, if there is, is probably not noticable after a few hours at 130°.
That's good to know! I know the operating temp for a typical 18650 is something like 120F to 140F? (Correct me if I'm wrong) The batteries seem to be working great, so I think it's all good here. Charged em and they have EXCELLENT battery life!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If this is in a Post office I wouldn't be worried at all, if its a Box like in a apartment complex in the sun.. Sure A lil worry is fine but they should be fine even if left for hours. Yes Our cars get very hot and I have left my mod sitting in my car in the sun all day while at work.
your right lipos are even more dangerous. Any of these battery's can catch on fire, I was just stating that 18650s type normally don't catch fire as easy as a lipo does. I would rather you be over cautious then not to be worried enough.. Some people scare me with such battery's and how they treat them.. You should try your best not to drop any battery on the floor.
I have used Nicad, Nimh , Lipo, Li ion, battery's for years and years and only ever had a AA Catch on fire Lucky it mostly just smoked. it can happen and everyone should be safe. We don't want anyone to burn down their house. its happened many times with Lipos
Oh ho man, speaking of seeing people being dumb with batteries, I went to some party the other night, and this dude showed me his mod, looked HUGE! Dude, opened it up and I saw 5, yes 5 18650s! Each COMPLETELY different cells! No joke! Some generic yellow rewraps, a couple of purple efest cells (I'll never trust those!) And some generic cells with black wraps and ridiculous ratings on em. I'm talking "40A" (riiiiiiight...) Mixed with 30s and 20s. I could just see the danger lol not to mention he was charging that funky setup through the mods USB port. YIKES!

VU Sponsors