Become a Patron!

Batteries vs Coil Build

Rick M

Member For 1 Year
Dual staple build @ .15 -.20 ohm on a regulated dual 18650 set up....VCT5's okay to sustain this set up for a bit? 75-85w seems to balance ramp up,heat and favor but im concerned with amps and overall battery health. I usually vape a dual coil 24g kanthal set up worry free but im playing around with these bigger coils and need reassurance is all. Thanks for the time

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should be fine. Just don't exceed 20A per battery, which you are not, and you'll be good to go.

Rick M

Member For 1 Year
You should be fine. Just don't exceed 20A per battery, which you are not, and you'll be good to go.
Thank you for easing my mind. Im trying to learn more about my batteries and their role in regulated mods. I realize ohms arent the focus FINALLY , hehe. Regardless , I just want the best batteries for what im doing. Im totally happy with my little coils but these staple coils look great and the flavor is off the charts. I would buy whatever battery that keeps that safe

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
On a regulated mod I honestly don't care about the ohms, I just try to stay above 0.15 for a better battery life. :)
A good and fully functional regulated mod will shut down before the battery is in danger.
Of course I would definitely use a good and trusted battery, which you do. If you use a too weak battery the mod might shut down while you're still at 50% battery life or not fire at all.

If you want better batteries, get something along the lines of a Sony VTC5a or Samsung 20S (I would prefer the VTC5a in a regulated mod due to the higher capacity)

VU Sponsors