Become a Patron!

Battery chargers with adapters or building 100-240V inside with just a cord, which do you prefer?”

rtapawan

Unlisted Vendor
There are so many different chargers in the market, why some charger use 5V or 12V input while some chargers building 100-240V in inside the charger like building an adapter inside the charger?What’s the difference and which will you choose?

Pls help meeeeee

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got one of each (one battery charger that has DC input and one that has AC input). Don't really have a preference, other than the one with AC plug takes up less space at the outlet.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
There are so many different chargers in the market, why some charger use 5V or 12V input while some chargers building 100-240V in inside the charger like building an adapter inside the charger?What’s the difference and which will you choose?

Pls help meeeeee
It all depends on, what batteries, and what type of batteries you want to charge. In addition, how many you want to charge at once. In general, a charger with a 5V/12V input doesn't have much power to charge four 18650 batteries at once, in a short period of time. A charger with a build in power supply, usually performs better. However, the build in power supply doesn't provide a lot more power either, otherwise the charger would become too bulky.
Speaking of type of battery, when you need a charger for 2s-6s LiPo packs, that's even more complex.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
But how could I trust a product that has lots of recalls?
Now it's electric shock. Pls read this

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...d-which-do-you-prefer-”.752119/#post-18123119
If you would have read it properly, the thread is about counterfeit (=fake) chargers that bear the name, not the real, original charger. You can safely buy a charger from a reputable dealer.
Hi. How could I trust a product that has lots of recall? It's dangerous. Look what I've found. It's electric shock

http://marek.tukes.fi/Tuote.aspx?nettijulkaisuId=2020
I don't read, nor speak Finish!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got one of each (one battery charger that has DC input and one that has AC input). Don't really have a preference, other than the one with AC plug takes up less space at the outlet.
Same here. Have two that use wall-warts, and one that doesn't. They all perform equally well to me.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My charger has a standard wall plug and a 12 Volts vehicle adapter. For home and on the go.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They all run on dc. Some have internal transformers, some external. I prefer external as it can be easily replaced if it fails. Internal transformer failure junks the whole thing.

VU Sponsors