ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cannot for the life of me remember where I got this, but I have it bookmarked and I'm sure someone out there will find this useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhCCsGn6F0QLdDJxNzV2c0dSc01mUkl6RXNnM2o2R1E&pli=1#gid=0

It's a chart that lists a lot of the popular batteries that us vapers use, amp discharge and suggested min. ohms to run.

very cool indeed. the AW 18490 specs are off though. those are 16.5A cont.
the AW 1600mah 18650 is off as well. those are 24A cont.

samsung 20-R is incorrect as to my knowledge as well. those should be listed as 22A cont.

and the sony VTC line are all 30A. im not sure which battery they are referring to in the last line of the sony grouping, but i believe it should say VTC5.

be careful with this list, folks. ive found several inaccuracies with just a quick glance.
i think its really cool that someone took the time to put it together, and its awesome that you have shared it with us, MistaKuraudo, but when it comes to battery knowledge, we should have our facts as accurate as possible.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah. For the last battery in the sony line, I believe that's the discontinued 26650 sony, not the vtc5, which is why it has a higher amp limit than the 18650s.

But yeah, I noticed some of the amps are off, but they're never overshot, always under. I always thought that this information was made through actual testing and not just listing what it says on the battery itself.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you make a good point. its always best to undershoot than overshoot obviously. i was just concerned that if they made errors by undershooting, then theres a change they made other errors by overshooting. you could be right that the specs were derived from actual tests. but you never know.
i also noticed that the purple efest line is off as well. and that line places the amp limits right on the battery itself. although its entirely possible that efest has inflated their specs, i have indeed used the purple 18350 and it handles 10A without breaking a sweat.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correction to above post: it should read: *chance* they made, not *change* they made

danl2633

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Every vaper needs to see this!! Thanks for the link

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years