Become a Patron!

Battery contact in my squonk mod

Hi there hope somebody can advise me .my mech squonker needs repairing the contact where the negative end of my battery sits is damaged and I’m not sure what to use or if one is better than the other for passing volts through , or doesn’t it really matter,hope some one could help out pls..
I’m thinking would any of these be ok to solder on or just buy some brass sheet and cut to size and put a dimple in top and bottom where battery sits
75ED0650-0C62-4503-BF24-5583C006B879.jpeg 2D9CCA45-0835-4D6D-8863-9F42BFB75D3A.jpeg 938EE475-E3BB-420D-9511-2F98FD2E5EF2.jpeg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What squonker you talking about?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
REO mods sells the springs, which collapse if there is an electrical problem, rather than allowing the battery to vent.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It’s a wooden imex squonker
Sorry, haven't heard of that one. But try REO mods, they sell the collapsible springs. I'm sure they probably have the spring dimensions on their site, so you can determine if it fits.

Or you could make your own, I'd use silver plate tho, for better conductivity.

Hello, thanks for advice,this is the squonker the spring in this pic had snapped off now

Attachments

• E7E0299C-570E-46CC-99AC-416EA7257063.jpeg
    E7E0299C-570E-46CC-99AC-416EA7257063.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 10

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks about the same size as a REO...are you in the states?

If so, Google REO Mods.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Believe I have a couple extra springs, I'll look tomorrow if you don't see anything on the REO website.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You should be able to buy the springs in the UK, can't think of where at the moment, but their available.

VU Sponsors