Become a Patron!

Battery does not fit (Kangertech Topbox Mini)

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys i just got my kangertech topbox mini today. I have a 18650 battery here but it does not fit !!

Its a ultrafire 18650 3600Mah 3.7v battery. Any idea what i should do ?

If i press the gold pin up it doesnt og all the way up it just stops right before

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some 18650s are a bit longer and that could be the case.
Personally I wouldn't use an Ultrafire even in a flashlight.
Get a proper LG/Samsung/Sony.

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FK sake, i demounted it to try and fix the gold pin and now its fucked up. The upper button is so loose it just falls off when i try to Mount the battery Chamber back in the Box and now its fked up. The battery Chamber is completely stuck and i can never get it out. Great kangertech !!!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't use that battery in your mod - it's not safe for vaping! Get something like a Samsung 25R or LG HG2 (there are others, but those are the ones I use most often). A reputable place to buy tested batteries from is: http://liionwholesale.com/

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Never use any battery with "fire" in the name.

Jkgato

Member For 4 Years
Not Great kangertech...
Great ultrafire 18650 3600Mah 3.7v wrong shit battery!!
Great Youngvapor read the comments!!
Use a good battery like recommended.
Vape safe!

May the battery be with you!

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not Great kangertech...
Great ultrafire 18650 3600Mah 3.7v wrong shit battery!!
Great Youngvapor read the comments!!
Use a good battery like recommended.
Vape safe!

Thanks for the advice, i will buy some New batteries. I Guess those batteries i have are to powerful. Can i however use a regular universal charger for the Samsung batteries and charge them at 4.2V ?

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't use that battery in your mod - it's not safe for vaping! Get something like a Samsung 25R or LG HG2 (there are others, but those are the ones I use most often). A reputable place to buy tested batteries from is: http://liionwholesale.com/
I do not live in the US, but i think i got Your point. Its more important to be safe than sorry :D However do you think the aliexpress batteries i provided are safe ?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not live in the US, but i think i got Your point. Its more important to be safe than sorry :D However do you think the aliexpress batteries i provided are safe ?
Assuming those are genuine, yes, those are the Samsung 25Rs that I suggested! And it's not that your existing batteries are 'too powerful' it's that they're straight dangerous and known to vent in vaping devices. You can use any good charger that works with 18650 batteries, but again - avoid the trustfire/ultrafire brands. And yes, the batteries charge to 4.2V!

Hope this helps :)

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My friend take some time reading this

http://vaping360.com/top-5-18650-batteries-for-vaping/

And order here

Nkon.nl
All genuine battery!

No problem if you go for the 3 big brands of batterys as someone post
before.

And buy a battery case to transport them. Don't put lose battery in the pocket.

Vape safe

Assuming those are genuine, yes, those are the Samsung 25Rs that I suggested! And it's not that your existing batteries are 'too powerful' it's that they're straight dangerous and known to vent in vaping devices. You can use any good charger that works with 18650 batteries, but again - avoid the trustfire/ultrafire brands. And yes, the batteries charge to 4.2V!

Hope this helps :)
Thanks so much boys and girls !! I actually notice it was something wrong with the ultrafire. I had to charge the battery 4 times in an hour. And i coudnt go hogher than 30 watts then it would suddenly stop working sometimes. Thanks so much for being a great community and happy vaping my friends ! Thanks for the website to :) and i will stay away from the ultrafire batteries! I used to use them for a laser, so the batteries kind of explains it :D it really fired my lungs up and seemed to be abit dangerous with all this coughing! :D

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't use nipple top batteries, use flat tops. Use Samsung, sony or lg unprotected batteries only. Don't buy batteries from any Chinese vendor. Every single thing about your battery is wrong.

Jkgato

Member For 4 Years
That's a shiti deal... Expensive and not reliable!

I'm from Portugal and me and a lot off vapers order here

NKON.nl

Don't cut corners whith batterys!

Read the posts... Listen to what others are saying to you, it's not difficult!

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't buy batteries from ebay, amazon or any third party site. Just go to liionwholesale.com and order Samsung 25r's. Done.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LIION has great prices fast shipping and Authentic products.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They don't do international shipping so it's not an option for him, well unless he's Canadian.

LIION Still has Great Prices, Fast Shipping and Authentic Products. This is a statement about the company mentioned.

VU Sponsors