Become a Patron!

battery help

so all my previous mods have had internal batteries until now..and i bought batteries but im not sure if they are the right kind i got 18650 35amp 2500 mah...just wanna make sure these specs are fine for the 200w mod i just bought??

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Those specs are incorrect. There are no 18650 batteries over 30 amps, and, in addition, the highest mAh rating you can get from a 30 amp 18650 battery is only 1800 mAh so without giving us more details we have no chance of knowing the correct specs nor which batteries you bought.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so all my previous mods have had internal batteries until now..and i bought batteries but im not sure if they are the right kind i got 18650 35amp 2500 mah...just wanna make sure these specs are fine for the 200w mod i just bought??
Uh no. stop. what battery is it? what box mod? what rda, or tank? what coils...? don't do shit till you know what your batteries and ohms are even if it's a regulated box mod

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing

so those specs i gave are what the website said and they are some non branded batteries and after doing some more research ive seen that i definanatly shouldnt use those batteries unfortunantly it was too late to cancel order but they were cheap so guess i will throw away...so ok it is a 235w regulated mod with a melo 300 tank and coils...the mod is a lasimo wyvern 235w...cheap mod i know but purely bought for backup for my main mod...still uncertain about best batteries though

Uh no. stop. what battery is it? what box mod? what rda, or tank? what coils...? don't do shit till you know what your batteries and ohms are even if it's a regulated box mod

yeah upon further research realized those were some cheap unbranded batteries that i bought..who know what actual specs are but i will not be useing them.....so its a regulated mod...lasimo 235w wyvern.....eleaf melo 300 tank and eleaf melo 300 coils....just want to know what kind of batteries will provide best cloud chucking and longest life...any help is appreciated

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
samsung 30q, buy four of them from imrbatteries.com there having sales right now. charge two at a time so they pair up. if you buy 6 you usually get $0.25 off per battery.
the batteries you have might be fine with a regulated box but I wouldn't use them. for all you know they could be 10amp batteries . I'd try to return them,.... if you can.

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
samsung 30q, buy four of them from imrbatteries.com there having sales right now. charge two at a time so they pair up. if you buy 6 you usually get $0.25 off per battery.
the batteries you have might be fine with a regulated box but I wouldn't use them. for all you know they could be 10amp batteries . I'd try to return them,.... if you can.

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing
The Sony VTC6 is worth the price difference over the Samsung 30Q. In a regulated mod the smaller voltage sag of the VTC6 will translate to roughly 100 more mAh when compared to the 30Q... the VTC6 now costs only half a dollar more than the 30Q so why skimp on batteries?
https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vtc6-18650-3000mah-15a-flat-top-battery/

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Sony VTC6 is worth the price difference over the Samsung 30Q. In a regulated mod the smaller voltage sag of the VTC6 will translate to roughly 100 more mAh when compared to the 30Q... the VTC6 now costs only half a dollar more than the 30Q so why skimp on batteries?
I haven't been on the battery wagon. my batteries are as follows.

30q in pairs with my regulated mods that use two 650s.
25r for 0.20ohm mechs, vtc5a with 0.14ohm mechs. haven't tried anything else. I stick with what I've been using and work for me for the last few years.

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep VTC6 is better. it is actually a 19 amp battery per Mooch's tests.
And IMR has the best deal on them right now $4.75 I think.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW I don't SKIMP on batteries.
no idea where you got that from?
the guy just needs to get a pair of 20amp highest cap 650s. if there's something better than 30qs than heck yeah have it.

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been on the battery wagon. my batteries are as follows.

30q in pairs with my regulated mods that use two 650s.
25r for 0.20ohm mechs, vtc5a with 0.14ohm mechs. haven't tried anything else. I stick with what I've been using and work for me for the last few years.

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing
There's no real reason to still buy the 25R. It is just hopelessly outdated compared to the 30Q and the VTC6 because the 25R has only 2500 mAh.
BTW I don't SKIMP on batteries.
no idea where you got that from?
the guy just needs to get a pair of 20amp highest cap 650s. if there's something better than 30qs than heck yeah have it.

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing
Well if you bought the 25R when you could have went for the VTC6 instead, then you truly are skimping on batteries a whole lot actually. Between the 30Q and the VTC6, the difference is MUCH smaller, but going for the 30Q instead of the VTC6 right now just to save half a buck per battery would still be called skimping nevertheless, at least in my book. The VTC6 has already been around for like more than a year so... where have you been? lol

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing
Well I read these responses little late but I ended up ordering Sony vtc5a...so hope that as good as all the other suggestions.... Ty all

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I read these responses little late but I ended up ordering Sony vtc5a...so hope that as good as all the other suggestions.... Ty all
VTC5A's are like an upgraded 25R. Good cells.
I just bought 4 last week to supplement my 25R's for mech vapin.

Cool cause I vape 120 watts and just wanted a batterry that last decent time and let'se vape high wattage.. I've been using 200w MOD with internal batterry so I never had to buy batteries before now

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's no real reason to still buy the 25R. It is just hopelessly outdated compared to the 30Q and the VTC6 because the 25R has only 2500 mAh.

Well if you bought the 25R when you could have went for the VTC6 instead, then you truly are skimping on batteries a whole lot actually. Between the 30Q and the VTC6, the difference is MUCH smaller, but going for the 30Q instead of the VTC6 right now just to save half a buck per battery would still be called skimping nevertheless, at least in my book. The VTC6 has already been around for like more than a year so... where have you been? lol
so the vtc6 is better than the 25r in say a mech mod? I mean as far as I am concerned I will rock the vtc5a and vtc4 in mechs only because I know those are proven, and the 25r too even tho it's now dated. been living in a cave. sorry

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so the vtc6 is better than the 25r in say a mech mod? I mean as far as I am concerned I will rock the vtc5a and vtc4 in mechs only because I know those are proven, and the 25r too even tho it's now dated. been living in a cave. sorry

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing
Depends on how low you go. The VTC6 is ok if you vape at 25 amps or lower. And will last longer per charge than the VTC5A at 20 amps.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on how low you go. The VTC6 is ok if you vape at 25 amps or lower. And will last longer per charge than the VTC5A at 20 amps.
Kew good to know. time to have a looksie at Moochs tests again.

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ω Low
️ Cloud Chasing
According to Mooch, yes. Smaller voltage sag = the VTC6 hits harder on the mech, and, in addition, you're looking at 3000 mAh for the VTC6 versus only 2500 mAh for the 25R versus only 2100 mAh for the VTC4. The 30Q has 3000 mAh as well, but it hits less hard than the VTC6 so @The Cromwell is right... up to 25 amps the VTC6 wins, above that it heats up too fast making the VTC5A a much better choice.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been abusing the VTC5A at .11 ohms on the mech for eight whole months now... staying at or below 45°C/113°F (battery temperature). Still no noticeable sign of battery degradation so nope, not just "good" cells, but rather, FUCKING SPECTACULAR ones.

VU Sponsors