Become a Patron!

Battery life

Lisa vapes

Member For 2 Years
So, new to vaping, have the Alien and baby beast. I vape what I consider to be a lot, and have to charge my batteries often. They are imren 2500 mah max 40A. Should I have to charge daily? Or do I have a problem?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
2500 mah lasts me about 8 hours if I'm vaping that mod only.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go through at least 2, sometimes 3 sets of batteries a day. Depends on what wattage you vape.

Side note: get batteries made by LG, Samsung, or Sony. Those "40A" batteries are not really a 40A battery. And possibly not even a 2500mah. Off brand batteries are notorious for over-inflated specs.

The highest constant rating on a 18650 battery is 30A. And all 30A batteries have a mah of 1500. A battery with 2500mah is likely a 20A battery.

Lisa vapes

Member For 2 Years
I was thinking that I should buy some more batteries. I hate the wait for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you are vaping over 120ish watts, a true 20amp battery with 3000mah will probably suit you best.
A couple popular options are:
Samsung 30q(listed as a 15a battery, but actually tests higher)
LG HG2

Get several sets of batteries if you vape a lot. Then less temptation to smoke if you have batteries at the ready instead of "no batteries, buy smokes"

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dont know how old or young they are but generally new batts take a few charges to condition and give their best. My Tesla lasts a good third longer than it did when it was first used. I give em a good dozen charges before they get the thumb up or down verdict.

VU Sponsors