battery nearly vented!

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey guys just got doge RDA and 4 nines mod its awesome, got cocky went down to .16 ohms with Sony vct4 30a rewicked at work today and didn't check it! battery went hot took it out put it in an empty metal pan, RDA measured .13. Now the positive end is a little black on contact but casing is intact just the mail. Can I still use it? Not too confident? :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey guys just got doge RDA and 4 nines mod its awesome, got cocky went down to .16 ohms with Sony vct4 30a rewicked at work today and didn't check it! battery went hot took it out put it in an empty metal pan, RDA measured .13. Now the positive end is a little black on contact but casing is intact just the mail. Can I still use it? Not too confident? :)
tumblr_moeinopaJ11rcqdieo1_500_zps65a27fd3.gif

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cant see it what does it say?

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know yeah u think I shouldn't use it?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When tap dancing close to the amp limit you need a dead on accurate ohm meter.
Test and retest..
the battery you save maybe the same one not going critical in your mitt.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.13 should be within the pulse rating of the VCT. Especially when you consider the voltage drop that occurs at that low of resistance. It sounds like you had a short somewhere. I am definitely not saying to run .13, but if there is a black mark on the battery, something other than low resistance coil seems like it went on.

I would charge the battery and see if it makes it to 4.1-4.2 volts, if so, try it out.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At .13 ohms and 4 volts (with voltage drop) you were pulling 30.7 amps. Are you sure the VTC4 is authentic?

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah I have two ohms meters one said .16 and other said .19 so used it. The battery was fully charged giving 4.2v cant see there being a short but could be fake batteries yeah just going to get new ones tomorrow don't wanna blow my face off :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Black marks on the positive terminal of the battery sure sounds like a short. How far past the 510 threading does the atty positive pin extend?

VU Sponsors