Become a Patron!

Battery Nooob Needs Advice For Kanger Subox 50w

Hey, I'm new to vaping. I purchased the kanger tech subox mini also. I'm looking into buying new batteries. The question I have is, I'm running a 3.7V 3000mAh battery, what's the main difference running a 2500mAh upwards to a 5000mAh battery? Again i'm new to all this so please explain it so I can understand. Also, would I need to purchase a flat top or a button top, what's the main difference between those? Thanks!!

It will be fine. I have a couple and they work fine. Just note these are not 40A batts. Like efest they use they're pulse ratings for marketing. The AWT are 20A continuous. 40A is they're pulse rating, even then I wouldn't trust that I'd say 30 for Max pulse. Stay 20Amps or lower when using these to play it safe. I also recommend Sony,Samsung, Lg these batteries are cheap to buy unless your going with Sony's there a lil higher. No reason to skimp on rewrap batts with false advertisement. I recommended the Lg poop brown ones in regulated mods they hold a charge forever and are rated for 20Amps.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
I have the LG brown battery and it seems like I can use it for a couple hours like… 3-4 constant hits and it's dying again. I run mine at a 30W.. Am I running it too high or can I go higher? I'm looking for better taste and cloud. Thanks.

The subox Mini kit has stickers to put on your battery so that it coordinates with your mod. No need to buy a certain color battery, just get the one you want and slap the sticker on. White mod comes with black sticker, black mod comes with red. I own both. I'd suggest a MaH higher than 2700 and as for charge times, I use a 2A charger and the device will only draw as much as it needs from it. Go high, never go low. 2700 doesn't last me all day ever, I have one that goes up to 3400mah and that one will barely squeak by on a full days use (I sleep like 4 hours a day, so yes 20 hours...don't have kids)

So you use a 3400mAh and it last all day? Where did you get this at?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds like your LG battery is going bad or something's wrong with the mod, it should last more than that unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

And you can go up to about 50W ideally, 60W if you want to push it a bit. Of course higher watts will decrease your battery life between charges.

I would recommed not using any 3400mAh batteries unless you're super low on watts.

Sounds like your LG battery is going bad or something's wrong with the mod, it should last more than that unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

And you can go up to about 50W ideally, 60W if you want to push it a bit. Of course higher watts will decrease your battery life between charges.

I would recommed not using any 3400mAh batteries unless you're super low on watts.

I've had this mod for about 2 months. I've been running it at 30W and the battery is a 3.7V 3000mAh and it still seems to drain super quick. Again, nothing more than 3-4 fully charged. How could it go out so quickly?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe I did misunderstand your post, I mean if you're using it really heavily for 3-4 hours it's possible that's normal. In theory running the calculations you should get around 20 minutes or so of vape time (actual time that the button is pressed). So that would mean for 4 hours you're pressing the button for 5 seconds once a minute, or something like that. Does that sound about right? Most people that vape heavily carry around a couple spare batteries in a case.

Maybe I did misunderstand your post, I mean if you're using it really heavily for 3-4 hours it's possible that's normal. In theory running the calculations you should get around 20 minutes or so of vape time (actual time that the button is pressed). So that would mean for 4 hours you're pressing the button for 5 seconds once a minute, or something like that. Does that sound about right? Most people that vape heavily carry around a couple spare batteries in a case.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Nothing longer than 8 seconds at most. I just want more smoke to come out but if I up it to 35W it gets a burnt taste. Figure I get better taste at 30 and lose some of the cloud.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I chain vape I can kill a battery in an hour or two. When I behave I can go most of the day on the same battery.
That's with a single battery mod and a 25R or HG2 battery.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, that sounds about right. Nothing longer than 8 seconds at most. I just want more smoke to come out but if I up it to 35W it gets a burnt taste. Figure I get better taste at 30 and lose some of the cloud.
You can only get so much from a stock coil Trying to push it for more vapor will not work because it can only wick so fast and trying to push it only gets you burnt hits. If you want bigger clouds you'll need to do your own builds. I would suggest looking at the cloud chaser threads for some ideas. Also the PG/VG ratio is a big factor in cloud production.

I am having a weird experience. I am using a nitecore charger with the 18650 batteries. The kbox mini skirt s saying that there is no charge. However when I put it on the nitecore, it says there is 61% charge in the battery. Is this normal? Anyone seen something similar?

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am having a weird experience. I am using a nitecore charger with the 18650 batteries. The kbox mini skirt s saying that there is no charge. However when I put it on the nitecore, it says there is 61% charge in the battery. Is this normal? Anyone seen something similar?

I'm new to this as well. I have a couple of lg hg2 brown batteries and sometimes my mod just freezes up on me. I don't know if it's the batteries or what but they last me maybe 2 hrs tops of vaping at 25 watts.

I didn't know what batteries or charger to get so I went with the smart nitecore intellicharger 2 bay. It takes a good 3 hours to charge one battery and about 5 or so to charge two.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to this as well. I have a couple of lg hg2 brown batteries and sometimes my mod just freezes up on me. I don't know if it's the batteries or what but they last me maybe 2 hrs tops of vaping at 25 watts.

I didn't know what batteries or charger to get so I went with the smart nitecore intellicharger 2 bay. It takes a good 3 hours to charge one battery and about 5 or so to charge two.
There have been some fake LG browns out there, where did you buy them?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
61% of 4.2 volts is just under 2.6 volts. That is effectively dead for a li-ion battery. If it were me I'd switch batteries at some point BEFORE the mod declares them dead.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Mod's bad or batteries are bad. 75W Kbox Mini here, 2 actually, and the HG2 should last most of the day, or about 4-5ml. If yours are dead after two hours, there's something wrong. 101vape.com is currently having a sale on HG2's at $11/pair. They are very reputable. I would get batteries from a known to be good source like this and test. If the mod is still sucking them down to nothing in two hours, it's most likely the mod.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There have been some fake LG browns out there, where did you buy them?
I got them here and I'm pretty sure they are legit. I have a kanger subox mini kit, use ssocc clapton coils in .5 ohm and I noticed it takes more watts to fire these coils. I wonder if that could be draining them faster? I have to vape at 25 watts with these coils. With occ I can pull clouds at 22 watts.

https://www.vaporworld.biz/

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mod's bad or batteries are bad. 75W Kbox Mini here, 2 actually, and the HG2 should last most of the day, or about 4-5ml. If yours are dead after two hours, there's something wrong. 101vape.com is currently having a sale on HG2's at $11/pair. They are very reputable. I would get batteries from a known to be good source like this and test. If the mod is still sucking them down to nothing in two hours, it's most likely the mod.
That's how much I paid for mine. I can't figure it out. My mod freezes, so I may need to get another subox.

Thanks for the link I'll check them out. :)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got them here and I'm pretty sure they are legit. I have a kanger subox mini kit, use ssocc clapton coils in .5 ohm and I noticed it takes more watts to fire these coils. I wonder if that could be draining them faster? I have to vape at 25 watts with these coils. With occ I can pull clouds at 22 watts.

https://www.vaporworld.biz/
I have no experience with that vendor so can't say for sure but I haven't seen them mentioned on any lists of reputable battery vendors. 101vape as mentioned li-ionwholesale.com, Illumn.com, Imrbatteries.com and rtdvapor.com, off the top of my head, usually are.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have no experience with that vendor so can't say for sure but I haven't seen them mentioned on any lists of reputable battery vendors. 101vape as mentioned li-ionwholesale.com, Illumn.com, Imrbatteries.com and rtdvapor.com, off the top of my head, usually are.

I've shopped here before and had great products, I've been watching my usage today and it's lasted longer at 25 watts. I may just be using it more than I realized.

Is this a good power packed battery usually? Or should I aim for something different? I'd like to push it to to 50 watts.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's how much I paid for mine. I can't figure it out. My mod freezes, so I may need to get another subox.

Thanks for the link I'll check them out. :)
How much you paid isn't really an indication of authenticity. You could well have a defective mod, it's made in China after all, but a new set of batteries from a known reputable vendor would seem cheaper to try. If it's not the mod then you have two mods and no good batteries. If it's not the batteries then you have four good batteries for a new mod.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've shopped here before and had great products, I've been watching my usage today and it's lasted longer at 25 watts. I may just be using it more than I realized.

Is this a good power packed battery usually? Or should I aim for something different? I'd like to push it to to 50 watts.
It's generally regarded as one of the longest lasting 20 amp cells out there along with the Samsung 30Q - rated at 15A but tests well at 20A. A quality 20A battery is fine for 50 watts.
I have six of them.

VU Sponsors