Become a Patron!

battery question...

BigDog99

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this has probably been asked and answered, but I'm lazy and don't want to troll the threads to find it...
so I just got some vape mail, new vtc4 sony batteries, my first sony's. and I cant tell which end is the positive pole. there are no markings to indicate. can somebody help me out? is there a way to tell? does it matter? I think so for charging.
thanks vape friends!

Dale

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The area of contact on the positive end is smaller than the area of contact on the negative end.

now with pikturz :D

SNY65020-F-3.jpg

Positive end

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For a Hana 30W mod, I'm looking for mAh over amps when looking at batteries, right? As long as it's a 10A IMR, then it'd be better to find one with a large mAh than getting one with a lower mAh and say 30 A?

Last edited:

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the answer is yes, from what I saw in the battery junkies sub forum. 10A is all you really need for a 30W device.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
If you're using a mechanical mod it doesn't matter it will work either way.

Maybe for you, I've tried in the past with all my mechs. They get hot if inserted wrong, and mech won't fire. PLEASE Don't give a noob the wrong idea, thank you!

Maybe for you, I've tried in the past with all my mechs. They get hot if inserted wrong, and mech won't fire. PLEASE Don't give a noob the wrong idea, thank you!

Correction to my last statement... I have tried the batteries either way and I have never had any issues. Maybe it's because I have authentic mech mods and rda's but I also understand battery safety, so I'm not pushing my battery to the risk of it blowing up.

vapingunited

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the answer is yes, from what I saw in the battery junkies sub forum. 10A is all you really need for a 30W device.
"Better Safe than Sorry" is always a good quote to keep in mind when building *anything*, regulated or not...

1truk

Member For 4 Years

Technically yes, however, when sub ohm'ing it is always a good idea to get to know OHMS LAW (and battery safety) really really well (use one of the online calculators) and punch in the numbers to make sure that the battery you use is safe with regard to the coil build you are using. Too low of a resistance will demand more than the battery can safely supply yet it will attempt it anyway and there in lies the problem and where people get into trouble. Just be safe and check and double check ... Not to sound like a worry wort but just take a look at what happened at the recent vape show.

VU Sponsors