Become a Patron!

battery question

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
pretty much ive been seeing folks recommend sony, lg and samsung as battery brands...that being said. those same folks recommend specifically sony vtc 5 (2600 mAh 30 amp), sony vtc 4 (2100 mAh 30 amp)...lg HG2 (3000mAh 20 amp), sony HE4 (2500mAh 20 amp), samsung 25R blue or green (2500mAh 20 amp)... my question is... why did those folks skip the 25 amp battery...such as the lg HD2 (2000 mAh 25 amp) and the likes...was just curious and frankly lost my train of thought...lol...i do understand the trade off for mAh and current draw...reason i even brought this up is in the past i never took a tank or dripper under .3 ohms and never took power more than 40 watts (just my personal liking) and have been toying with the idea of the crown tank with the .25 coil heads and trying them out and maybe exploring the 60 to 65 watt range, just to see....and most likely reverting back to 40 to 45 watts...so wouldnt the 25 amp battery be a good trade off between the 30 amp and the 20 amp...yes, i know...get the vtc 4 or 5 and be done with it right...

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In a lot of cases, some of the points on the graph are better covered by one battery than another. In the case of the HD2, I'd use a VTC5 instead. It has better capacity and a higher amp limit.

There's nothing wrong with it if you want to use the HD2. It's a great battery. But on average, the VTC5 should outperform it slightly.

VU Sponsors