Become a Patron!

Battery question

I have a joytech cuboid that I have been using brown 3000 amp 18650 batteries in. Question is. I bought new batteries today. They are red LGDBEH21865 I believe they are 20 amp. I'm vaping around 50 Watts on .5 ohms so I'm not worried about the amperage.

My question is are these batteries okay to use? I understand it's overkill for a 8amp vape. But is there any disadvantages to using a bigger battery?

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a joytech cuboid that I have been using brown 3000 amp 18650 batteries in. Question is. I bought new batteries today. They are red LGDBEH21865 I believe they are 20 amp. I'm vaping around 50 Watts on .5 ohms so I'm not worried about the amperage.

My question is are these batteries okay to use? I understand it's overkill for a 8amp vape. But is there any disadvantages to using a bigger battery?

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

I guess the better way to ask this question is what's the difference between LGDBHE and the LGDBHG21865

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you mean 3000 Mah batteries. The upside is you get more vape time with the 3000 Mah batteries compared to the others.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you typo'd the battery label. Should be the LGDBHE2. That's what we call the "HE2" battery and it is a fine cell. Mooch rates it at 20A, 2500mAh. It is perfectly acceptable for vaping purposes, especially at the watts you are using. The HG2s it replaced are 20A, 3000mAh batteries, and therefore will withstand the same loading and last a bit longer before recharge because of the higher mAh.

To answer your question in general, there are trade-offs in using bigger batteries. This trade is ampacity for capacity, and vice-versa. That is, the more energy the battery will store (higher mAh, and the longer it lasts), the less current (Amps) it will withstand. The reverse is also true. The HB6 battery, for example, is an honest 30A battery, but it only holds 1100 mAh in charge. There are other batteries-- I won't name them as they are utterly unsafe for vaping-- that can hold upwards of 4000mAh, but they'll only be 10A or less and can't be used for vaping purposes.

Either of the cells you name, the HE2 or the HG2, are excellent for vapers, provided they don't exceed about 60 watts per battery.

VU Sponsors