Become a Patron!

battery question

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using a 18650 imr 2500mah 30a. I want to monitor my battery voltage. Is there a special tool I can connect that will tell me the voltage. Will a regular voltage meter work?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, you can always take out the battery and check the voltage with a digital multimeter. If it's a mechanical mod there are inline meters that go between the mod and the atty that let you check volts, but that only reads when you press the button and fire the atty, so that voltage is the battery under load and it will be lower than the battery at rest.

BTW, what battery do you have that is 2500mah and 30a?

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whats the benefit of using a 20 amp battery and using a 30 amp battery?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Safety. A 30amp battery can handle a low ohm load than the 20amp battery. Don't go below 0.25ohms on that Efest. Hell, I wouldn't go below 0.3 to be honest.

Agreed that definitely safety is the biggest factor, but also performance. If you're running a battery at its limit it will have less power and won't have the full capacity/life that another battery that's rated for higher amps would.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The proper way to test a battery out of circuit for charge state is to put a small load on it, so you aren't reading accumulated charge (battery acting as a capacitor). A load of 10 -20 ohms is typical in most battery checkers.

VU Sponsors